LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

Hi, is anybody able to tell me the height of the glass bit at the bottom?

I'm planning on putting the 65E9 in a fake wall and want the glass flush will the wall so need to know the gap between the bottom of the bottom of the back panel and the bottom of the glass.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, is anybody able to tell me the height of the glass bit at the bottom?

I'm planning on putting the 65E9 in a fake wall and want the glass flush will the wall so need to know the gap between the bottom of the bottom of the back panel and the bottom of the glass.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello amanb123 - just got the tape measue out! The glass strip at the bottom of my 55E9 (55" was trade off with the wife!) is 30mm. Can only assume that the 65" is the same but hopefully someone with a 65E9 can confirm.....

Hope this helps. I have another TV in my extension in a custom made recess too - really happy especially as got it on a full tilt and swivel bracket to reduce glare and increase viewing positions. Just remember, any future upgrades will have to fit the hole you have designed your current TV around!

Looking at mid-range options on Dolby Atmos for my 55E9. Nothing wrong that comes from the bottom forward firing speakers, just got lockdown sound envy! Help on a couple of options would be great.

Hello amanb123 - just got the tape measue out! The glass strip at the bottom of my 55E9 (55" was trade off with the wife!) is 30mm. Can only assume that the 65" is the same but hopefully someone with a 65E9 can confirm.....

Hope this helps. I have another TV in my extension in a custom made recess too - really happy especially as got it on a full tilt and swivel bracket to reduce glare and increase viewing positions. Just remember, any future upgrades will have to fit the hole you have designed your current TV around!

Thanks a lot for checking bobken74. Appreciate it.

Yep, I've realised I'll probably have to redo the fake wall if I change TV but that's something to worry about later on.

Looking at mid-range options on Dolby Atmos for my 55E9. Nothing wrong that comes from the bottom forward firing speakers, just got lockdown sound envy! Help on a couple of options would be great.

Apologies, added info that didn't post first time around...

Initial thoughts for budget 'around' the £1,000 mark, yes that means push up towards the £1,500 if it really merits the additional investment in the long run. Do all the below run HDMI 2.1 and is this important?

1) Sonos Arc plus 2x Sonos 1 SL's for surround
2) Samsung Q90
3) JBL 9.1
4) Advice and recommendations from AVFORUM on AVR set up with 5.1.2 (or 5.1.4) - any help appreciated. Including, speaker positioning in a room with not the wide a 'sound stage'. Looking for smaller speaker type package so the wife cant see them (😉) or is the AVR approach overkill given the room size?
5) Save up/wait for/hope that the Klipsch Bar54 soundbar arrives in the UK 'the fall' 🤞

Atmos Set Up.jpg

Turned my tv on and got the 4.80.03 update. Do we have an idea what’s changed? LG is never very forthcoming with and update log.

edit

found it in the SW update thread

Last edited:
Turned my tv on and got the 4.80.03 update. Do we have an idea what’s changed? LG is never very forthcoming with and update log.

edit

found it in the SW update thread
Where's that thread please ?

Cheers, still not there for C9 though on the TV, or the lg site. Wonder if the E9 one will work on a C9?

Cheers, still not there for C9 though on the TV, or the lg site. Wonder if the E9 one will work on a C9?
The versions are slightly different and I don’t think the C9 will recognise the E9 update. Just wait a bit longer as LG always does a staggered over the air update. It’s been live since beginning of June so you should be getting it very soon. I only got it this morning.

The versions are slightly different and I don’t think the C9 will recognise the E9 update. Just wait a bit longer as LG always does a staggered over the air update. It’s been live since beginning of June so you should be getting it very soon. I only got it this morning.
Funny enough just checked LG site on E9 and still old firmware :-(

My OLED65E6 was irreparably damaged last weekend and i am lucky enough to have accidental damage insurance. I was offered a OLED65E9 which should be delivered early next week. Cannot wait... Anything I should be careful about when setting up? I.e. latest Firmware etc.

I currently have an LG E91000 and a Polk magnifi mini soundbar... thinking of upgrading to the E9 and ditching the Polk. Would the E9 sound as good or better or would I need to keep the my teensy-yet-capable Polk soundbar?

Apologies, added info that didn't post first time around...

Initial thoughts for budget 'around' the £1,000 mark, yes that means push up towards the £1,500 if it really merits the additional investment in the long run. Do all the below run HDMI 2.1 and is this important?

1) Sonos Arc plus 2x Sonos 1 SL's for surround
2) Samsung Q90
3) JBL 9.1
4) Advice and recommendations from AVFORUM on AVR set up with 5.1.2 (or 5.1.4) - any help appreciated. Including, speaker positioning in a room with not the wide a 'sound stage'. Looking for smaller speaker type package so the wife cant see them (😉) or is the AVR approach overkill given the room size?
5) Save up/wait for/hope that the Klipsch Bar54 soundbar arrives in the UK 'the fall' 🤞

View attachment 1314826
;-) just put the tv in the bay and swap your sofa and chair, then you're sorted ;-)

Quick question for owners please... I have been moving rooms during lockdown and have freed up some equipment, HDMI 2 ARC is now free, If i plug this directly into an in on my denon receiver does this enable me to hear audio from the built in apps ? Would be great to watch my netflix and apple movies with the speakers in this way

Quick question for owners please... I have been moving rooms during lockdown and have freed up some equipment, HDMI 2 ARC is now free, If i plug this directly into an in on my denon receiver does this enable me to hear audio from the built in apps ? Would be great to watch my netflix and apple movies with the speakers in this way
Oh Yes - if you enable arc or earc if amp has it and sound to passthrough

Ohhh nice one, here we go then.. Time to test this out

Worked a treat , had to change a setting in my Denon, Set the TV to passthrough and Atmos sound from Netflix, tested Cloverfield Paradox now and there was an overhead that made the dog jump out of his bed!

Only noticed the crack this morning, so not sure if it was small and gradually got bigger.

John Lewis raised it with LG as they said it is not impacting picture, LG have asked for photos so let’s see what happens. Will update the forum once I get an update from LG.

Hi Everyone - I have finally had a response from LG on this and they are saying that as the TV is not on a full width stand this has caused the issues and is not covered under warranty....anyone else had anything similar? I see some previous posts of people saying they have a similar setup and the TV is not on a full width stand.

Any ideas on how i can challenge this?

Attachments

• IMG_6541.jpg
    IMG_6541.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_6550.jpg
    IMG_6550.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 216
I suppose LG are covered by saying about the full width as the weight of the tv would have to be distributed evenly ?? They might say the crack is caused by stress by the pull of the back of the main stand?

I suppose LG are covered by saying about the full width as the weight of the tv would have to be distributed evenly ?? They might say the crack is caused by stress by the pull of the back of the main stand?

The back stand of the TV sits on the TV stand so i would not have thought this would cause the issue, i have seen many people post photos of a similar setup so interested to hear if they have had any problems.

I will be challenging this with LG, not sure of John Lewis can help or will they just defer it to LG?

I hope they sort it out for you mate, just think myself that they will keep saying about not using a full width stand, I had problems with panasonic before when i had a stand fault and not using their suggested method of tv stand. Good Luck to you:smashin:

Hi Everyone - I have finally had a response from LG on this and they are saying that as the TV is not on a full width stand this has caused the issues and is not covered under warranty....anyone else had anything similar? I see some previous posts of people saying they have a similar setup and the TV is not on a full width stand.

Any ideas on how i can challenge this?
Try House insurance if you have accidental damage?

Had this bad boy delivered today. Coming from an E6 and I am amazed at how much better the picture is.

Attachments

• 20200618_130728.jpg
    20200618_130728.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 218
I've had my E9 now for about 6 months and I don't know whether it's just me but voices are so drowned out and quiet compared to the action on screen when watching films.

Does anyone else have a similar issue with this? Could it be something to do with the AI sound or possibly another setting I've overlooked?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom