LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

Hi Guys
I'm deciding between this and the C9. From what I can tell the differences are aesthetics and the improved sound.

For people who have had to make this choice previously, what were your reasons for choosing the E9 over the C9?

For me, sound is the high on the priority as I only get a chance to watch when the kids go to bed. So at that time I can't crank it up :) . However I like the fact that its improve sound over the C9 plus don't need to worry about wiring (and lip sync?).

Thanks in advance

It was a choice of three for me, the C9, CX and E9.

I don’t use a dedicated sound system so the better internal speakers played a part in my decision.

The biggest factor for me though was that I think the E9 is one of the nicest looking oleds, and the fact that it’s the last time LG have used that design and stand (apparently the cost was too high in production - and they didn’t sell as many to recoup costs) hence why they no longer produce it, made it more appealing to own.

I managed to buy it for only a couple of hundred more than the equivalent C9 and I’ve got no regrets.

I just wish the E9 came with a more premium remote like the E series used to a few years ago.

Buying the E9 reminds me of when I chose the ZT60 over the VT65 when again picture differences were so marginal, but the design and fact it was sold in smaller numbers always appeals.

E9 owners, any problem with vibrations when volume is bit up? isnt that glass holder transmitting sound vibrations on the table?

It was a choice of three for me, the C9, CX and E9.

I don’t use a dedicated sound system so the better internal speakers played a part in my decision.

The biggest factor for me though was that I think the E9 is one of the nicest looking oleds, and the fact that it’s the last time LG have used that design and stand (apparently the cost was too high in production - and they didn’t sell as many to recoup costs) hence why they no longer produce it, made it more appealing to own.

I managed to buy it for only a couple of hundred more than the equivalent C9 and I’ve got no regrets.

I just wish the E9 came with a more premium remote like the E series used to a few years ago.

Buying the E9 reminds me of when I chose the ZT60 over the VT65 when again picture differences were so marginal, but the design and fact it was sold in smaller numbers always appeals.

Thanks for the reply! Similar boat in regards to the sound, I have read so many questions about getting an external amp or Xbox to work properly.

That's an interesting point in regards to LG's cost in producing the E's design.

I read somewhere that the stand on the E9 was causing the vibrations from the sound bar on the E9. This was a comment on E9 and not the C9, but I don;t own either so don't know:D

Will be pulling the trigger on the E9 soon, I'm having the air con unit fixed on my wall. Its located above where the TV is going so I can't (won't) be buying the TV yet. I can't bear the thought of people working above my new set:)

Hi Guys

I'm hoping that someone can check for me some details on the power cable on the E9.
1) Is the plug hard wired into the cable?
2) Is the plug detachable from the TV?
3) How long is the cable?

I want to install it on the wall so want to check if I need to get a longer power cable.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. My E9 arrived today, I’ve checked all the dimensions and wiring and am currently chasing my wall. Hopefully will get it up on the wall in a few days

Does anyone know if the screw size is M6 25mm for mounting the tv on a wall bracket?

Does anyone know if the screw size is M6 25mm for mounting the tv on a wall bracket?

i used an m6 35mm as that is what came with my bracket. I do remember it going in quite far, but it depends on the thickness of the wall bracket as to whether 25 would be ok.

New E9 now mounted.
7A7CDDEB-FA59-48E3-9741-14545D7A876E.jpeg

Can i ask how you hid your cables?
I also have my e9 wall mounted, but i'm still toying with the idea of chasing the wall, or building a false wall to hide them.
I’ve just had an extension And got the builders to put a channel in the wall (plastic square box that is hidden.) I can just push cables through there as needed.
E525C001-4A58-4E3D-8695-CF00E7313EFE.jpeg

Blue wire is just there to help pull cables through.
I also had a socket put up behind tv.
7A3CB57B-B5A6-474A-930B-81FF2B6C8C90.jpeg

Last edited:
Just go to settings and then Sound and highlight the AI setting instead of Dolby Atmos.

a noob question pls...turning on the AI sound option makes mandatory to turn off the Dolby Atmos option? can t we have both on?
thank you

a noob question pls...turning on the AI sound option makes mandatory to turn off the Dolby Atmos option? can t we have both on?
thank you

Yes as mine are both on , which sound mode are you using as in standard user etc.

Can I ask which mount you used as that looks perfect.
The Sanus VLT5, got it from RS as part of the tv deal. Seems pretty solid.
Wanted a tilt one so isn’t as close to the wall as you might be able to find, but I think it looks good.

The Sanus VL5, got it from RS as part of the tv deal. Seems pretty solid.
Wanted a tilt one so isn’t as close to the wall as you might be able to find, but I think it looks good.

Ok thanks and looks really good , have you got a pic of the side to see how close it is ?

Ok thanks and looks really good , have you got a pic of the side to see how close it is ?
Average about 10cm away. (Mine is tilted so bit more at top but less at bottom)

5234B4D3-36F6-457F-8B74-26B26B9F4334.jpeg

751CE6D1-A271-4064-8C17-C35DD87A0E3A.jpeg

(Sorry can’t work out how to rotate them!)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom