LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

When you set AI sound, did you select bass boost sends then hit the option to set it up? It asks you to hold your remote in front of you and works out the size of the room and activates it all.

What? Never heard of this kind of activation. It doesn't suggest me anything when selectin AI Sound. it's either selected or not. In the AI Acoustic Tuning option I can select standard, bass boost.. etc, but thats it. How can I activate this AI sound set up?

What? Never heard of this kind of activation. It doesn't suggest me anything when selectin AI Sound. it's either selected or not. In the AI Acoustic Tuning option I can select standard, bass boost.. etc, but thats it. How can I activate this AI sound set up?
I'll try and remember to take some pics of the menu options when I get home later.

Menu

All settings

AI acoustic tuning

Start new sound tuning and follow on screen options. Make sure you change it to bass boost before you hit apply

Attachments

• 20200207_193121.jpg
    20200207_193121.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 20200207_193138.jpg
    20200207_193138.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 20200207_193203.jpg
    20200207_193203.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 274
Is anyone finding the TV doesn't fire up straight to HDMI2 when you have SkyQ in there?
I'm having to go to home dashboard and manually select it.

Hi everyone, sadly my 65E9 needs to go back as it is randomly turning off, plus I have noticed some bad pink/yellow staining on the screen. Feeling rather deflated at the moment 😢 not sure what to do next..... I have requested a refund and now considering waiting for CX range to come out or maybe go for a 77 OLED. Richer Sounds have been excellent and based on my experience I will be buying my new AV amp and speakers with them next month and certainly my replacement TV too.

I've set up the google assistant now, hold in the mic, say HDMI 2 and off it goes.

We all take it for granted how easy it is to switch between them, but my parents are here all day once a week and can't do the absolute simplest things.

I ordered mine at the end of the January sales, back up in price now, so glad I got the saving when I did. Was supposed to get a delivery today, but the delivery guy called and asked me my postcode and some numpty put .L as my postcode instead of LL. they were trying to deliver it miles away in Liverpool. Now being delivered on Monday. So ive asked for the driver to call when 10 minutes away so I can pop home. Gutted. I was so looking forward to the weekend getting used to it. I’m upgrade for a 10 year old LG 42 inch led. Has anyone any experience of watching the F1 on it? I’m a huge F1 fan and wanted a bigger screen so went for the 65”.

I take it all back, turn off the AI sound and put it in music mode and there's far more bass. It's not sub level but way more meat than with the AI sound on.

Just tested it on music (spotify) this morning to go through all the settings and that's what I landed on. Watching bumblebee now in UHD, it looks and sounds awesome

Bung some headphones on and have a listen to this. Recorded by Galaxy S10+

Do any E9 owners notice any black crush, as mentioned in Phil's review, after you put this set into it's most accurate picture mode?

Do any E9 owners notice any black crush, as mentioned in Phil's review, after you put this set into it's most accurate picture mode?
Who is Phil? This guy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-094216_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200215-094216_YouTube.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 201
Have they changed the Dolby Vision option, or name ? I was sure it was called Dark and Light before, now getting Dolby Vision Cinema Home and Cinema...

I must be losing the plot.. thanks

Watching scenes from the Joker 4k 😮😮 Not sure which one of the two to go with..

Edit .... I think cinema looks a bit more natural , less bright.

Last edited:
Who is Phil? This guy?
No, I was referring to Phil Hinton, who reviewed the E9 last year on this very website. He mentions some black crush in the picture out of the box on the E9 which I thought I’d query with owners of the set. Any feedback would be welcome. :)

I have messing with settings this weekend, bored inside with storm dennis about, With football content i was getting a weird effect where players seemed to disappear and the ball sometimes, I have found Switching Al Picture off has cured this ....

I've recently took deliver of the Panasonic GZ 1500 but to my shock the sound is truly awful, i still have my LG E7 and the sound on that is excellent.....how does the E9 hold up sound wise as i have a price match with JL when the Panasonic goes back ?

I've recently took deliver of the Panasonic GZ 1500 but to my shock the sound is truly awful, i still have my LG E7 and the sound on that is excellent.....how does the E9 hold up sound wise as i have a price match with JL when the Panasonic goes back ?

For me the E9 has a great sound for a tv and much better than my old E6.

Imo great sound on the E9, i was watching a show the other night and the sound was right to the side of me, as if i had a surround speaker set up...

How's everyone getting on with their smexy E9's.

still have the annoyance of flicker when adjusting volume via skyQ remote 🤬

Not too keen on the picture via the sky Q mini box that i have to feed it, But with Amazon Prime its great , Netflix 4k and Dolby Vision Is superb, and 4k Uhd outstanding....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom