LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

Thanks Matt, well on my set up it would be the same plugging all my sources to a soundbar below the tv or to the tv directly (in both case you have a cable between the TV and the soundbar). the sub and other speaker would be wireless connected.
Am I wrong ?
I currently have a Bose Cinemate with a receiver box which hasn't got 4k pass through. In that regard I have a receiver box plugged into the mains with an output to the soundbar by the tv and a mains plug. I then have the PS4 and SkyQ cables directly to the TV with a fibre optic output to the Bose receiver.

If I got say a HK Citation sound bar I'd lose the receiver, the optic cable and the cable between receiver and sound bar. The only cable would be the mains adapter. I've not used a Sonos but do you normally have to manually switch between sources when changing? If so, you could stop that as the TV will always be out putting to the WiSA speaker(s) no matter the source.

Also, how many HDMI inputs does the Sonos have?
Agreed i think you can't plug HDMI on Sonos but in that case you plug your HDMIs on the TV and jsut an optical or a hdmi arc from tv to sonos.
Not ideal but works

Agreed i think you can't plug HDMI on Sonos but in that case you plug your HDMIs on the TV and jsut an optical or a hdmi arc from tv to sonos.
Not ideal but works
I get the feeling that WiSA is more aimed at people trying to build full surround systems rather than a soundbar tbh.
My Bose is gonna be too fat in front of my E9 when it arrives. And the cable under the TV won't work either. Headaches!

I currently have a Bose Cinemate with a receiver box which hasn't got 4k pass through. In that regard I have a receiver box plugged into the mains with an output to the soundbar by the tv and a mains plug. I then have the PS4 and SkyQ cables directly to the TV with a fibre optic output to the Bose receiver.

If I got say a HK Citation sound bar I'd lose the receiver, the optic cable and the cable between receiver and sound bar. The only cable would be the mains adapter. I've not used a Sonos but do you normally have to manually switch between sources when changing? If so, you could stop that as the TV will always be out putting to the WiSA speaker(s) no matter the source.
Seems like Ill have to go through AV receiver or a soundbar that can centralize all the sources and manage wireless speakers.
Just thought about it but don't want to turn on the TV when i just want to listen to music...

I haven't taken delivery yet but it looks as though the glass sits right on the bottom, I see no way of running any cables for a soundbar under the TV. Got me fretting now about what to do with my bose soundbar when it arrives on Friday.
I have since checked an no way will the Q90 sound bar fit in front of the E9. I also realised that the glass front would be totally unsuitable due to light reflections. We had a TV a few years ago with a glass front and it could only be viewed in a dark room. Luckily we were able to exchange it.

No one has commented on whether the E9 suffers from audio lag or lip sync issue although I came across posts in other forums where it is mentioned.

I have since checked an no way will the Q90 sound bar fit in front of the E9. I also realised that the glass front would be totally unsuitable due to light reflections. We had a TV a few years ago with a glass front and it could only be viewed in a dark room. Luckily we were able to exchange it.

No one has commented on whether the E9 suffers from audio lag or lip sync issue although I came across posts in other forums where it is mentioned.
Glass front has been the standard for plasma and OLED from day dot.

I've never had a problem with either of my 2 plasma screens. I have had endless problems with my LCD in the bedroom being useless if you're off centre.

Now this is strange , myself moving from LCD to OLED it was a worry as during the day and position of the tv means my window sits opposite said display .

My 902 that was pro calibrated for bright room conditions I still really struggled with on screen reflection during the day.

The E9 non calibrated using ISF bright room setting is just as good and there is less reflection from the window on the E9 than my 902 that had almost twice the peak brightness.

Right , sound wise apart from my UB820 that I utilise the sound output HDMI. I am using ARC from tv to AV receiver for everything else.

HDMI 1 Xbox One X
HDMI 2 Denon AV
HDMI 3 UB820
HDMI 4 Sky Q

Now everything ok from LG apps but as much as I try I'm not getting sound , let alone Atmos from my One X . Guess I've not flicked a switch on the X here but can't find it .

Took delivery yesterday.

First things first, don't tell your wife to bugger off out until you've got her to help lift it up. On paper, 30kg isn't much but you have to install the base when it's on the floor and the base is around another 20kg. You ain't lifting a 50kg 65" tv on your own.
Spent the first 2 hours of its life on the lounge floor.

Secondly, don't forget to peel the film off the speakers or else it'll sound muffled and crap :rotfl:

Thirdly, the settings are seemingly endless. I haven't cracked it yet. The sound is better than my outgoing plasma TV for sure, but it's miles behind the Bose Cinemate.

I wouldn't say this TV is soundbar friendly. The remote sensor is in the middle of the tv, very low. As soon as I places the soundbar in front I couldn't use the TV remote.

Eventually it'll go on the wall, hopefully lifting the TV up will cure the sensor problem but I'm tight for space, I might need a lower soundbar so the TV can clear it when it's pulled out.

There is NOWWHERE to out a cable under the TV if you sit it on a tabletop. The front strip completely touches the surface and has to in order to balance itself. Not quite sure how I'm gonna use the PS4 camera for VR, hope the wire is long enough to go around it I guess.

Picture wise though, lovely. I watch TV a tiny fraction of the week in daylight hours, if it's too bad I'll shut the curtains.

I'm sat off centre and have a bit of reflection but that's really no bother to me. Picture below is 1.50pm on a Saturday

I reckon I'm gonna have that wall light off so I can wall mount it a tad higher, just need to have the row with the wife lol.
20200201_134801.jpg

With E7 I use a glass tv riser so my sound bar won’t block the TVs speakers or screen.Sadly I think 50kg would be too heavy for it.Im considering an E9 and my tv unit is wood it’s good quality oak.So I would get a 7cm thick nice peice of smooth oak shelving about 100cm wide and 12 inches deep,to accommodate the stand.This would then lift an E9 above my soundbar and it should blend in with my oak tv unit.
Can anyone get Bluetooth headphones to work on the E9 as I’ve read Bluetooth won’t work.

Just bare in mind the glass bottom trim on the E9 needs to touch the table top to balance it. The stand behind is heavily waited so there is no front profusion. If you put something under it then it'll need to come forward enough so a decent chunk of that glass rests on it.

I've been tinkering with the sound settings, whilst I've been advised I can't use WiSA to connect a sub, I can use the optical out with a suitable sub.
Today I reconnected the Cinemate and disconnected the soundbar to see what the TV and Sub sound like. Once I tinkered with the delays settings to get the TV and sub sync's it sounded pretty decent.

Yes Matt thanks for that.Id def make sure the glass rested on wood I raised the tv on and my tv unit is 140cm wide so I’d have the oak the same width as my tv unit so that should be ok.Id put 8 fisual rubber isolating feet on it to avoid any cabinet vibrations from the TVs sound

Hello fellow E9 owners

I've just purchased the 65" version and will be wall mounting it.
Oh and purchased the Samsung Q90 sound bar

Do LG do a wall bracket for it or anyone know of a really slim bracket I could use?
I want to get the TV as close to the wall as I can

Thanks

Hello fellow E9 owners

I've just purchased the 65" version and will be wall mounting it.
Oh and purchased the Samsung Q90 sound bar

Do LG do a wall bracket for it or anyone know of a really slim bracket I could use?
I want to get the TV as close to the wall as I can

Thanks

How much are you spending on the bracket? Do you need full motion or a solid wall fix?
My wife is fussy about brackets and, as a result, it's gonna cost her in excess if £300 by the looks of it.
(I refuse to pay that for a bracket behind a massive TV you can't see)

I'm curious now as to whether anyone has plugged a sub into the optic output directly?

Just purchased the 55" version of this TV and cannot get text on BBC 1 or 2, it seems it was because the BBC was going to cease this service on 31st Jan, however they are reconsidering this decision, so is there away to get Text back on this TV, or us it just me that cannot get it on this model?

Just purchased the 55" version of this TV and cannot get text on BBC 1 or 2, it seems it was because the BBC was going to cease this service on 31st Jan, however they are reconsidering this decision, so is there away to get Text back on this TV, or us it just me that cannot get it on this model?
Text? You mean subtitles?

How much are you spending on the bracket? Do you need full motion or a solid wall fix?
My wife is fussy about brackets and, as a result, it's gonna cost her in excess if £300 by the looks of it.

I'm curious now as to whether anyone has plugged a sub into the optic output directly?
One way to have a sub running with the tv which I have tried is to feed optical into DAC, then dac to my stereo using RCA cables. My amp allows for two sets of speakers, plus pre amp. I have sub connected to preamp and select speakers B. As no speakers are connected to B I only get the bass from sub and you can then use the internal speakers for Atmos etc without echo. If I activate speakers A on my amp I get very slight echo occasionally when using tv speakers with my hifi speakers also. In summary, an optical to DAC to sub works, I just have an amp in the circuit too. Hope this helps

Don't want want to spend much to be honest
It's going to be a solid wall fix
Nothing fancy
Just need a bracket that is extra low profile so it's as close to the wall as possible
As the chunky part of this TV is all ready pushing it forward (away from the wall)

I use mine mostly for watching movies and Netflix , amazon prime content, the odd gaming session, I have it in a room where its fed with a Sky Q mini box, i find the sky sports football picture very soft and often looking blurry , just watching the game now and the build up in studio, some of the faces look out of focus, the only flaw, so i blame sky!!!

One way to have a sub running with the tv which I have tried is to feed optical into DAC, then dac to my stereo using RCA cables. My amp allows for two sets of speakers, plus pre amp. I have sub connected to preamp and select speakers B. As no speakers are connected to B I only get the bass from sub and you can then use the internal speakers for Atmos etc without echo. If I activate speakers A on my amp I get very slight echo occasionally when using tv speakers with my hifi speakers also. In summary, an optical to DAC to sub works, I just have an amp in the circuit too. Hope this helps
I can confirm this works an absolute treat. I have moved my sub from the snug into the lounge to test out and it sounds awesome. Ordering a BK electronics subwoofer later (P12-300SB-PR) for the lounge. Even with my Q Accoustic subwoofer, shown in the right of the picture and using the internal speakers, it sounds brilliant.

Also, I previously had the LG oled65c9 but returned it due to dead pixels. Initial impressions is the sound is better on E9 and the design is certainly nicer. It looks very classy! Most importantly there does not appear to be any dead pixels on this new one, and the screen is nice and clean. I thought the C9 panel was good but this looks (so far) perfect. Do I think the E9 is worth £500 more, probably not, it is worth £100 more, which is the difference I paid, then absolutely, without a doubt. I paid just over £1900 and I think it is hard to beat at that price. I recently purchased a rubber skin for the remote and this comes highly recommended too in order to keep in mint condition (from Amazon). I got it with the 18 month Sky too.

In summary, I really recommend adding a subwoofer to the tv as it transforms it completely. This would be far cheaper than buying a new sound bar, etc.

Hope everyone is enjoying theirs :clap:
TV2.jpg

Hi all

Has anyone gone from a C8 to a E9? I’m really not in the market right now but the Richer Sounds price is really tempting me.

Is there much of a difference between 2018 and 2019 sets?

Hi all

Has anyone gone from a C8 to a E9? I’m really not in the market right now but the Richer Sounds price is really tempting me.

Is there much of a difference between 2018 and 2019 sets?
I picked up a 55C9 a few weeks back ,and had the 65C8 a while back ,the C9 seems to have a bit better motion ,slightly brighter HDR ,better gaming options ,Sky Q doesn’t seem any different ,certainly looks far better on my 65” AF9 . The 65”E9 @ £1999 does sound a very good price for one

I picked up a 55C9 a few weeks back ,and had the 65C8 a while back ,the C9 seems to have a bit better motion ,slightly brighter HDR ,better gaming options ,Sky Q doesn’t seem any different ,certainly looks far better on my 65” AF9 . The 65”E9 @ £1999 does sound a very good price for one

Cheers Wezzy, I shouldn’t be even looking, my plan was to get a new set for the living room later this year when the 2020 sets have come down in price but I’m not massively impressed by what seems to be coming out. If Panasonic has put HDMI 2.1 into their flagship HZ, I probably would have bitten on that but outside of that, I’m probably either biting on an E9, or waiting till 2021 (unless I see a proper bargain on a Sony which I prefer out of all of them)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom