LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

I joined the club, ordered my E9 on Saturday the 16th, I expect the tv Monday, although they said Friday, but I am not getting my hopes up, I figured, it will get delayed for the weekend and so I am emotionally ready for that, lol.

I had the choice of this or the C9 and the difference in price was $200 so I had to do it.
I paid $2223.50 with tax and shipping, I couldnt pass it up, I love the design of the panel
Does anyone know why they arent making them for 2020?

I was wondering if it was low sales or they found the glass panel design to be somehow problematic and decided to discontinue them.
Glad to have found the owners group, I cant wait for the tv to arrive, Ill be lurking around reading the old posts for tips and information.
Flecky 81's post got me started, I have 23 more pages to read.

I have messing with settings this weekend, bored inside with storm dennis about, With football content i was getting a weird effect where players seemed to disappear and the ball sometimes, I have found Switching Al Picture off has cured this ....
Been sat here doing the same and found turning off TruMotion was the answer.

Finally received the £75 MasterCard from sky

So today was the scheduled delivery day originally that I was expecting a call and then a delivery tomorrow, BUT, when I ordered last Friday, my bank had a fraud protection thing on my card and they werent able to process my payment until late Saturday.
So the scheduled pick up was put off from Friday, to Monday, so I dont expect them to call today, even though my receipt suggest so.
I think because of the delay with payment, I will have to call them tomorrow since that was my estimated delivery date, and then schedule the delivery with them, I am guessing that it will now be Monday that mine will get delivered.
The worst case scenario would be Tuesday, I have already waited 4 weeks for sale prices, and tax refunds, etc..., I can wait another couple of days for it to come, no big deal.
Every time my phone rings I get very excited hoping that they are going to deliver it tomorrow anyway, we will see how it pans out.
As long as it comes soon, I will be happy.
I searched, read, learned, then waded through offers, etc.. to buy and now that I am just waiting for the tv, it hasnt sunk in yet what I bought, when it finally arrives I think it is going to be an amazing experience!! I cant wait, my first Oled tv.

My 65" E9 came on thursday upgrading from my 55" LG E7
The picture is a tad cleaner all round in particular theres improvements in near black detail, colour on the E9 are a little less saturated and more natural, the remote on the E9 is a step backwards though and sound wise it is a massive step backwards from the E7.

So looking for soundbar recommendations please that are eArc capable and fit underneath the E9, so far have only come up with the Sony HT-ZF9 that fits both criteria, whats everybody else using please ?

From everything I have read, soundbars are not recommended, a modest receiver and speaker set up is the preferred set up, building up from that to any configuration that works for the room.
I can see that sound bars have an entry level around $300 up to $1800.00 and from what I am hearing, you are far better off to go with a receiver/speaker set up.

The picture is a tad cleaner all round in particular theres improvements in near black detail, colour on the E9 are a little less saturated and more natural, the remote on the E9 is a step backwards though and sound wise it is a massive step backwards from the E7.

So looking for soundbar recommendations please that are eArc capable and fit underneath the E9, so far have only come up with the Sony HT-ZF9 that fits both criteria, whats everybody else using please ?

There must be something wrong with your set up as the E9 sound is really good , if you set auto volume to on and then enable Dolby and AI sound with base enabled and try that.

Oh you beat me to it, I forgot I read that in another post, without AI sound on the sound was mediocre at best, but once it was engaged it got multitudes better, forgot I read that the other day.

There must be something wrong with your set up as the E9 sound is really good , if you set auto volume to on and then enable Dolby and AI sound with base enabled and try that.

Already done all that....sound is passable for day time tv but needs quite a bit more for movies and tv shows.....sound is signifiecently worse than my old E7.

Already done all that....sound is passable for day time tv but needs quite a bit more for movies and tv shows.....sound is signifiecently worse than my old E7.

Ok fair enough , I'm just going by my old E6 and my E9 if definetly better than that.

Interesting i have an E7 and am thinking of upgrading to an E9. Do you think the upgrade is worth it?

In terms of sound i recommend the Samsung HWN90 soundbar. It is amazing with Atmos soundtracks and can be had for under 1K was 1.5K when i got it in 2018.

Interesting i have an E7 and am thinking of upgrading to an E9. Do you think the upgrade is worth it?

In terms of sound i recommend the Samsung HWN90 soundbar. It is amazing with Atmos soundtracks and can be had for under 1K was 1.5K when i got it in 2018.

Unfortunatly the Samsung is to big to sit under the E9 which is why i think i'll properbly wait for this years LG soundbars that have earc and are sized to match LG tv's.....PQ wise yes theres a definite improvement to my eyes , a over all refinement and better near black detail, 1000% white screen and banding or the lack of it are perfect.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly the Samsung is to big to sit under the E9 which is why i think i'll properbly wait for this years LG soundbars that have earc and are sized to match LG tv's.....PQ wise yes theres a definite improvement to my eyes , a over all refinement and better near black detail, 1000% white screen and banding or the lack of it are perfect.
Okay thanks for the feedback.

The ZF9 is definitely worth looking at. It's one of only a few Atmos bars I can find that has 2 HDMI in and one out which really helps tidy up the cables. I tried one out in John Lewis last night and was quote impressed.
From everything I have read, soundbars are not recommended, a modest receiver and speaker set up is the preferred set up, building up from that to any configuration that works for the room.
I can see that sound bars have an entry level around $300 up to $1800.00 and from what I am hearing, you are far better off to go with a receiver/speaker set up.

Not practical or desirable for many people for many reasons.

At its best the E9 is ok. Better than a lot of flat panel TV's but miles away from most soundbars. It's good if you really don't want a soundbar.

I've found the sound is much, much more punch with the AI sound turned off. I put it in music mode with atmos turned on and find action movies have much more punch and bass. The AI sound takes the bass out to make it more spacious.
Also, the auto correct volume setting is terrible for music channels/streaming

I've found the sound is much, much more punch with the AI sound turned off. I put it in music mode with atmos turned on and find action movies have much more punch and bass. The AI sound takes the bass out to make it more spacious.

Agree on turning AI sound off....i've being using cinema or standard but will give music a go....one thing worth experimenting with is the equaliser, having it on and all settings turned up to max seems to give more weight to the sound.

The ZF9 is definitely worth looking at. It's one of only a few Atmos bars I can find that has 2 HDMI in and one out which really helps tidy up the cables. I tried one out in John Lewis last night and was quote impressed.

At its best the E9 is ok. Better than a lot of flat panel TV's but miles away from most soundbars. It's good if you really don't want a soundbar.

If you go to sound and then additional settings and then click volume mode and set it to auto.

If you go to sound and then additional settings and then click volume mode and set it to auto.
Which is to equalize volume between speech and loud scenes as well as in show and adverts.
It's ok for that but as soon as you want to use it for music it's appalling. I genuine thought the speakers had blown until I realised I had that setting on.

I certainly wont argue with you about your opinion, I too want an audio solution, and have been researching a little and I am interested in reading more about various solutions and applications.

Id prefer it if I could buy a $300 or $400 sound bar that would mount well out of the way and deliver an immersive surround experience, but I havent been able to find any such thing.

I wish it were as easy as buying a soundbar, plugging it in the earc and having uncompressed audio run through my system.

The E9 sits in such a way that I cant put a sound bar in front of the tv, my entertainment stand doesnt allow for one either.

I just cant see where a sound bar and accompanying speaker or speakers take up less space than a receiver and speaker set up, even a 2.1 system.

I understand what you are saying, that maybe some people have a situation or placement of their tv that they cant place a receiver and speaker set up, but I dont understand where in that situation you would put a large sound bar.

In my comparisons I was trying to determine what I should do for an audio solution and my first question was, should I get a soundbar?

The higher end sound bars are too expensive for me ($1500.00 to $1900.00) and for a lot less money I would just buy a decent receiver and 2 speaker set up.

A receiver can fit in most any entertainment stands, they are similar to a gaming console or cable box, and the speakers can be from small desktop speakers to large floor based speakers, whatever your space allows.

Given my entertainment stand, my tv and my room, I dont think there is anyway I can use a sound bar due to its shape and size.
So I think I have the opposite problem as some others, where I dont know where or how I would incorporate a sound bar.
For the best immersive solution, at least in my case, I think a receiver, and eventually a 5.2 set up is what I want to end up with, but I will start with a 2.1 set up, which I think will still be better than no solution at all, and then add to it as I can afford to.

I'm waiting until I have the TV on the wall so I can create a gap under for a soundbar.

Not sure eArc will change my life so not fussed about that.

I'd love a full room 5.1 surround set up as much as the next man, but a wired system is a ball ache and a wireless system is serious money.

The ZF9 can be paired with 2 wireless (save for mains power supply) speakers to make it a 5.1 system however.
I haven't measured the ZF9 height Vs the bottom of the visible TV on the E9 yet, but the ZF9 does have infrared pass through so it won't block signal there.

There is a JCV one that has 2 satellites that are battery powered and click onto the sound bar to charge.

I'm waiting until I have the TV on the wall so I can create a gap under for a soundbar.

Not sure eArc will change my life so not fussed about that.

I'd love a full room 5.1 surround set up as much as the next man, but a wired system is a ball ache and a wireless system is serious money.

The ZF9 can be paired with 2 wireless (save for mains power supply) speakers to make it a 5.1 system however.
I haven't measured the ZF9 height Vs the bottom of the visible TV on the E9 yet, but the ZF9 does have infrared pass through so it won't block signal there.

There is a JCV one that has 2 satellites that are battery powered and click onto the sound bar to charge.

I was wondering, what about the WISA capability of the 9 series oleds?
Are there wireless to the tv speakers that can be used as "rear speakers" so no need to wire across the room and still have a decent sound?
Ideally if so, I would like to have a center speakers, 2 side speakers, a sub or two and then two rear wireless speakers to complete the 5.2 without running wires from behind the couch across the floor to the tv or receiver.
I havent done much research yet on this but it sounded like a possibility, I keep hearing it in reviews.

If you want WiSA speakers, you need to switch the audio output to that, which means your TV sound goes off entirely.
The main issue is that as far as I can tell, not many speakers are WiSA certified and those that are, are expensive.

If you want WiSA speakers, you need to switch the audio output to that, which means your TV sound goes off entirely.
The main issue is that as far as I can tell, not many speakers are WiSA certified and those that are, are expensive.
Oh thats interesting.
Hmm too bad, with the E9 for example I have front firing sound, I would like to add rear sound for now, again this is all temporary until I can get a receiver and speaker set up
If I get a receiver and front speakers though, it wouldnt matter that the tv sound was disabled, if wisa capable wireless speakers, that sounded good could be used across the room that would be fine.

anyway I have lots to learn on audio for these tvs admittedly I am not up to speed on options and performance yet.
I did find wisa capable speakers, they were pretty expensive from what I saw, but I stopped looking as I had no idea what I would be setting up yet, now that I bought the tv, I can set it up and go from there.
Arrives in a couple hours, I cant wait.

EDIT:
Nm, I found them I didnt cut the box top open, I lifted it off, so they were in the top of the box under the Styrofoam that was in there, I would have never found them or the remote, lol, got it.

HELP,
I need a quick answer, I can not find the screws for the stand, they arent anywhere I can see, where should they be??
I have a friend coming over in a minute to help me put it on my stand, but I cant find the stand screws to mount the stand.
If you seeing this, please answer if you know,
Thanks

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom