Question LG E8 Smart Remote

IAmATeaf

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody had any issues with the smart remote. Mine keeps chewing through batteries, have to replace the alkaline batteries every 2 weeks. Can’t believe the speed with which it warns and needs then replaced. The remote only ever gets used in the evenings and over the weekends as all my family are out at work during the week days.

Hoping somebody else has had similar as I’m not too sure what to do as the remote works fine otherwise.

You have a problem I think mate, my batteries in our magic remote have been going for 9 months now. It gets used every day and I fiddle about a bit as well.

Contacted Richer who advised to contact LG so have logged a call with them, hopefully they should call next week and hopefully replace the remote.

That’s what I have been doing but the phone app has no way of turning the tv back on.

Not that impressed with LG service so far, no acknowledgement of receiving the remote or even what is happening now, some 9 days later. Ringing them is also pure holding torture, I’m sure they do this on purpose hoping that callers will get miffed and hang up.

Still no remote or even an email to state that they’ve received it, processing it or sending it out. Only way I can get an update is to call and sit on hold for close to an hour.

Real crap service in this day and age, not impressed at all. At polar opposites, had problem with a Sandisk usb pen drive, only a few months old and didn’t cost a lot. Emailed their support, they opened up a ticket, updated ticket with proof of purchase, got an envelope in the post to post the stick off, get an email confirming they’ve received the faulty stick and then finally another email to state the replacement is in the post. All of this happened within 7 working days, for an item that cost under a tenner.

Finally received the remote yesterday.

What a complete joke the LG Customer Service team are, completely unhelpful, admitted that they had sent the remote to the wrong department for testing, then claimed that they had tested it and found no fault and only due to the long delays as goodwill would send me out a new replacement. The replacement took 2 weeks to get to me, after the 1st week of nothing they then had to re-order it again.

When I sent my remote off, the instruction stress that the remote should be well packaged, so I wrapped it in bubble wrap and put in a bubble wrap jiffy bag. They just threw the remote which comes in a cardboard box into a plastic bag and posted it. When it arrived the box was no longer box shaped, more like a panini which had been grilled extra hard.

To cap it all off they've sent me a black remote whereas my old one was a lovely silver colour but at least it appears to work. Fresh batteries installed so will have to wait 10-14 days, hopefully no issues as I don't think I could be bothered to go through all of this again.

LG Customer Service, certainly the team I dealt with are a shower of numpties who appeared to have no interest in the customer or the job that they are doing, shame really as they represent the image of LG. In my job I am customer facing and if I or my co-workers behaved like LG Customer Service I'd be both embarrassed and having a word with my co-workers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom