LG E7 odd behaviour

gizmo750

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I've had my LG E7 OLED 55" for a while and I'm very pleased with it. Recently I've upgraded from an older Yamaha receiver to a new Denon one with additional functionality that will pass 4K and Dolby Atmos etc (the x1700).

Before the Denon upgrade I couldn't use HDMI control etc and the sound needed to go from TV to Yamaha via optical cable due to Yamaha limitations.

Now I've connected the Sky Q box to the Denon and the Denon to the TV via the eARC HDMI and all works as it should with one exception. When I have watched something on an App on the TV, be that Disney, Netflix or Amazon, when I quit out of the App the TV will not revert to playing the Sky TV feed like it used to do. I have to mess about randomly pressing buttons and turning things on and off to get the TV to re-engage with the Sky Q source.

Any ideas? It's very annoying. Thanks in advance

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
I don’t think it’s the E7 behaving oddly. It’s Sky Q. I had no issues with an old Yamaha using ARC either. A new Marantz resulted in similar problems.
There‘s a huge thread about it here.
The least inconvenient fix is likely to be to turn off Sky Q before switching inputs. Switching Sky Q back on when you need it should initiate the handshake and work as it should.
No guarantees though, the Q box is fickle to say the least.

gizmo750

Thanks for responding, I'll have a good read through that thread. Its only started since changing my AVR and now using HDMI solely, rather than HDMI and Optical without auto switching. I just get the set-top box not switched on message.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Thanks for responding, I'll have a good read through that thread. Its only started since changing my AVR and now using HDMI solely, rather than HDMI and Optical without auto switching. I just get the set-top box not switched on message.
That makes sense. Mine was not a problem when I connected Sky directly to the TV and used ARC back to the Yamaha.
The problem started as soon as I replaced the Yamaha and connected Sky to the Marantz.
Hope you find a workaround that works for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom