LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn !!! That's soo depressing ! Is it an E7
Panel ?
I would guess so, but don't know for sure. I remember I asked the onsite tech and he didn't know.

I have a SP700 E6 remote for sale in the tv classifieds,bought for a C6 but not compatible.

They might have replaced it with 65E7 panel and since the removal of 3D filters, do you see any visible improvement in picture quality?
Not that I have noticed no.

Hi all, long shot on this one. Does anyone have a component adapter they don't need? I mean the one that is a single 3.5mm plug with 5 phonos coming from it. Mine is in storage somewhere and I fear I've lost it.

Edit: of course, I mean I'll buy from you :)

OK, I fear I'm going mad. LG support told me the accessory I need is EAD61273134, however this is a 3phono cable intedned for composite (yellow, red, white). I am after a 5phone (red, blue, green, red, white) to do componenet. Does this exist????

If anyone knows the code for it please let me know!!

OK, I fear I'm going mad. LG support told me the accessory I need is EAD61273134, however this is a 3phono cable intedned for composite (yellow, red, white). I am after a 5phone (red, blue, green, red, white) to do componenet. Does this exist????

Can anyone confirm my sanity and even agree this was a real accessory?

The code on my component cable is EAD61273133 - 3.5mm to 3 phono (red, green & blue), but it does not have audio

I need to keep it unfortunately

Similar to that shown here

LG AV input adaptor cable

I don't think that 5 cable thing exists. I've checked the accessories for my G6 and you get two different cables;
1) single 3.5mm to 3xphono to red/white/yellow sound left/right and composite video
2) single 3.5mm to 3xphono R/G/B RGB component inputs

There are two 3.5mm inputs on the back of my G6, next to each other marked "AV IN" one for each of these cables. So, I think if you want component and audio you will need two cables, one for audio and one for component, plug them both in and select AV input and it should work.

Thanks all for the replies. In that case I think ill be OK, I have one of those adapters so ill trytomorrow. Not sure how to manage the audio...

😃

Free power board replacement in my 65E6 was completed today. very efficient & convenient service in your own home, done in 30mins.
The engineer took picture of TV working before & after, also took picture of all HDMIs & various cables to make sure they went back the same.
Looking at the new & old boards the only difference that was obvious was a bank of 3 electrolytic capacitors is now 4 on the new board.
Makes sense I guess its usually these components that can fail due to heat, working near their limts & age.

LG have impressed me with their commitment to updates & after sales service.

Free power board replacement in my 65E6 was completed today. very efficient & convenient service in your own home, done in 30mins.
The engineer took picture of TV working before & after, also took picture of all HDMIs & various cables to make sure they went back the same.
Looking at the new & old boards the only difference that was obvious was a bank of 3 electrolytic capacitors is now 4 on the new board.
Makes sense I guess its usually these components that can fail due to heat, working near their limts & age.

LG have impressed me with their commitment to updates & after sales service.

Did you have a message appear on your E6 then about a free replacement? I've not had any message appear on my E6 regarding this...am based in the UK too...

Did you have a message appear on your E6 then about a free replacement? I've not had any message appear on my E6 regarding this...am based in the UK too...
Is yours a 65"?
The 55" were not affected by the overheating problems.

I've not had the message either and I have a 65"

Yes many times on switch on 1st thing in the morning, there was also notifications under the notifications option telling you what to do.
Note this only applies to the 65" TV as the 55" doesnt have a problem.

I'm eligible for this power board replacement as well. I also have some burn-in (2 years out of warranty), what are the chances LG will agree to a replacement, like a CX? I would even be willing to pay towards a new model. Is LG known to agree to such things?

I'm eligible for this power board replacement as well. I also have some burn-in (2 years out of warranty), what are the chances LG will agree to a replacement, like a CX? I would even be willing to pay towards a new model. Is LG known to agree to such things?
I am sure it will not happen, but you can only confirm it if you try.

Good luck!

I am sure it will not happen, but you can only confirm it if you try.

Good luck!
Yeah I think so as well, which is why I don't know if I should even bother to try.

The times where manufacturers of premium products provided support at their expense even long after warranty expired are definitely over.

I have recently purchased an E6 and have a quick question about the Internal Speaker (Soundbar). When I send an audio/video feed to the TV from my Denon AV receiver (via HDMI), the sound from the Internal Speaker on the E6 is disabled. Is this 'by design' ? so that I don't have sound coming from (both) my home theater system and Internal Speaker (Soundbar) at the same time ? Also, is there a way to 'force' the sound to come from the Internal Speaker (Soundbar) on the E6 when receiving an HDMI feed from the Denon, either at the same time or instead of the AV system ? i hope my question makes sense.

I no longer have the E6 to confirm it, but have you checked the sound options in the TV settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom