LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought this tv had 120hz in 1080p. But you definitely don't want to use Dolby Vision as its limited to 30hz. And I believe it only supports dolby vision via the apps and not HDMI.
Blu ray player via HDMI works fine with DV.

Has anyone on here got an Xbox series x? I can't get 3d blu rays to play on mine just wondered if anyone else could try?

Dudes, and non dudes. Help/advise sought. I bought a faulty E6 55 today for peanuts. No visable damage.

Powered up for 2 mins (been in a garage by 1st/only owners for 6 months, aka it was stone cold). Panel looked fine, super fine!, menu was generally responsive. Warmed up, then powered off. Turn it on again > it powers up, 5 sec later - fault mode + switches off. (the described fault.)

I took the back off. No visible fault to capacitors/power board. PCB shield removed. Never been opened before me (dust was uniform across the interior, aka no dodge repairs. Everything looks pukka.

Working assumption: power board must be OK, as it powers up. More likely a PCB fault, after it had warmed up?

Any one got any experience / POV on this one? TIA, Stu

PS: I bought a banging NOS E6 months ago > wanted another :)
PSS: I tried to search the internet and these forums for this issue. No joy.
PSSS: Hate to be the guy who asks the internet to step up - but I answered by fair share of questions over the years - it my turn today. THANKS ;)

Last edited:
Dudes, and non dudes. Help/advise sought. I bought a faulty E6 55 today for peanuts. No visable damage.

Powered up for 2 mins (been in a garage by 1st/only owners for 6 months, aka it was stone cold). Panel looked fine, super fine!, menu was generally responsive. Warmed up, then powered off. Turn it on again > it powers up, 5 sec later - fault mode + switches off. (the described fault.)

I took the back off. No visible fault to capacitors/power board. PCB shield removed. Never been opened before me (dust was uniform across the interior, aka no dodge repairs. Everything looks pukka.

Working assumption: power board must be OK, as it powers up. More likely a PCB fault, after it had warmed up?

Any one got any experience / POV on this one? TIA, Stu

PS: I bought a banging NOS E6 months ago > wanted another :)
PSS: I tried to search the internet and these forums for this issue. No joy.
PSSS: Hate to be the guy who asks the internet to step up - but I answered by fair share of questions over the years - it my turn today. THANKS ;)
Some possible help here :

My 65E6 is about to be picked up for “repair” by D&G for the line down the middle of the screen. Hoping they offer a replacement so I can go for the GX

My 65E6 is about to be picked up for “repair” by D&G for the line down the middle of the screen. Hoping they offer a replacement so I can go for the GX
GX upgrade is not worth it at the cost of 3D.

GX upgrade is not worth it at the cost of 3D.
But it won’t be coming back with no new 3D panels to replace it. Thought this would be the best next thing and get a projector for 3D use

But it won’t be coming back with no new 3D panels to replace it. Thought this would be the best next thing and get a projector for 3D use
A Projector with 3D...definitely way to go if worst thing happens to E6. Short Throw Laser Projector with 3D would be a dream.

Anyone have any good recommendations for E6 HDR10 settings? Maybe DV also. I have found several around but all of them are based on old firmwares. Thanks for the help :)

Anyone have any good recommendations for E6 HDR10 settings? Maybe DV also. I have found several around but all of them are based on old firmwares. Thanks for the help :)
There aren't really any good calibrated HDR or DV settings. DV can't be calibrated while HDR is pretty primitive. One thing I have found is DV crushes blacks a bit, and raising OLED light to 60 lowers gamma a bit which helps with that issue. I also use DV bright room.

As suspected my E6 was not repairable. Unfortunately D&G were only able to offer replacements of basic Samsung QLED or LGBX so stuck with LG. Hope it doesn’t disappoint as wanted the CX or GX but they didn’t have them. Will find out tomorrow and now have to find another group to join. Cheers guys!

As an E6 owner I just wanted to share this with the gang so to speak:-
So I got a Zidoo Z9X and it will stream from my NAS Dolby Vision encoded material over HDMI :)

BUT and this annoys me in some ways - the Z9X does not sound as good as my £30 Android box - I started a thread on this magical little Android box sometime ago. I had the older Zidoo X9 and it was a good piece of kit in it's day, so I got a Z9X thinking ok this newer kit will be my new go to streaming box, but nope. Out of the box I wished for the best and was met with that feeling of OMG I am going to be here for days playing with settings to get this all looking the right way etc.

What I am trying to say is, if you have this TV and want a cheap streaming box that seems to work brilliantly with this TV, then see the thread link above. I'm blown away with Kodi 18 on this Android box with sdr to hdr turned on and in a sonic sense it seems to be amazingly good with this TV's built in soundbar. I am not sharing this for any other reason, other than I'm blown away by what this little box and this TV can do in unison.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Guys I just recently Got a PS3 again, and the first thing I downloaded was Motorstorm Pacific Rift 3d and it was so fun playing in 3D. Nobody else gets to experience that quality of 3d gaming. We are blessed to enjoy something lost in future tech.

BTW does anybody have experience with a PS5 and this tv? I heard that the HDR implementation is sadly old and very dim because of the PS5's newer HDR implementation. I'm still waiting on getting a PS5. I bought this TV because I thought it would be future proof enough for the new console.

Guys I just recently Got a PS3 again, and the first thing I downloaded was Motorstorm Pacific Rift 3d and it was so fun playing in 3D. Nobody else gets to experience that quality of 3d gaming. We are blessed to enjoy something lost in future tech.

BTW does anybody have experience with a PS5 and this tv? I heard that the HDR implementation is sadly old and very dim because of the PS5's newer HDR implementation. I'm still waiting on getting a PS5. I bought this TV because I thought it would be future proof enough for the new console.
I don't know much about the PS5, other that it doesn't do Dolby Vision. So that's a no go.

This surely is an amazing TV for certain reasons(especially 3D) but definitely not future proof.
1. HDR presentation is not best compared to other QLEDs or even newer OLEDs.
2.Dolby Vision is limited to up to 30 FPS.
3.For gamers input lag is not the best.(34ms)

I have been using the C6 for 4 years which is this tv’s younger brother, It comes with the same bells and whistles but is Curved. The C6 works with the PS5 phenomenally, HDR looks absolutely stunning and Dolby vision on amazon prime looks just as good.

The only down side is this tv and the c6 and the rest of the 2016 range does not support dolby atmos, or dtsx and only uses arc so you cannot send either Through using arc, You need eArc which i believe was implemented in the 2018/2019 models?? (Correct me if i'm wrong), The only way to get atmos is via a reciever or soundbar and having the device passing through the reciever or soundbar.

Also you wont get 120hz/fps on these tv’s but tbh 4k at 60fps is good enough for me.

I have recentlty been getting a message on the 65E6 on switch on saying that LG will replace the power board free of charge if I contact them. As my TV has been faultless for 4 years I am a little cautious about letting someone take it apart & fit a new board. Has anyone else seen the message or got LG to fit a new power board?

I have recentlty been getting a message on the 65E6 on switch on saying that LG will replace the power board free of charge if I contact them. As my TV has been faultless for 4 years I am a little cautious about letting someone take it apart & fit a new board. Has anyone else seen the message or got LG to fit a new power board?

They faulty and can over heat and damage the Oled panel. Game over. It’s easy part to replace. Get it done ASAP.

This free power board program by LG is for all Asian OLEDs including 2019 OLEDs B9/C9/E9 and not just E6. Please go ahead as it will ensure the life of for year old E6.

I didn't think E6's in Europe were going to be part of this replacement program. I've not had any message appear on my 65E6.

I didn't think E6's in Europe were going to be part of this replacement program. I've not had any message appear on my 65E6.
Agreed, thought this was done and dusted but one can think is there still the potential of the issue affecting our sets.

@mickbirch2000
I take it you are in the UK and if so I am wondering if there was some diagnostic going on with the set that triggered the notification from LG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom