LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone contacted LG on this? I am not sure my dealer still trading !
Only on Twitter. I’m sat watching the TV now.

Do I turn it off or what?!

Only on Twitter. I’m sat watching the TV now.

Do I turn it off or what?!
I am debating the very same thing! Is yours running any hotter than normal ? I guess the Forum will be lighting up imminently with everyone's concerns!

I am going to contact LG In the morning.

Ive just emailed JL for a response

Now I’m kind of pleased I only bought the 55”. Be nice if they said we’re bringing back 3D to enable replacements with like for like but of course that’ll never happen. Be careful those thinking of selling the E6, you want to check you can’t be held responsible if it does set fire to the buyer’s living room, when you’ve sold it on instead of returning it.

fine.jpg

Anyone contacted LG on this? I am not sure my dealer still trading !
Well I'm anxious to know....I tried contacting LG but no reply....
E6 is a 2016 released tv, why would the power supply fail in 2020?
If there was any problem in ps, the tv would have failed working within the warranty period.

My 65E6 has been plugged in and used almost everyday for over 3 years - no issues - but now I'm thinking I WONDER eeeek.

Perhaps the MOD would care to pass us his thoughts

I’m off to bed. TV unplugged....

Old news from a couple of months ago... South Korea's electrical power is fairly unique as it runs at 240 volts at 60Hz.

Europe is typically 230 volts at 50Hz. And North America and Japan is typically 120 volts at 60Hz... So don't panic!

Are we thinking that since this appears to be a simple PSU / board swap, it may be able to be done by an engineer on site, rather than requiring a return to LG workshop?

Andre

Are we thinking that since this appears to be a simple PSU / board swap, it may be able to be done by an engineer on site, rather than requiring a return to LG workshop?

Andre
One would hope so but what will be the process, call retailer or LG ?? If they can replace a panel in your home then surely the same can be expected with this PSU issue. I read the number of sets affected in the UK are 9000 plus made up of several models.

Old news from a couple of months ago... South Korea's electrical power is fairly unique as it runs at 240 volts at 60Hz.

Europe is typically 230 volts at 50Hz. And North America and Japan is typically 120 volts at 60Hz... So don't panic!

No this is new news from 7th October

"LG said in a statement to Archer that the European Commission’s Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs investigation into its TVs had categorised the overheating issues as being “Low Risk”, which is the lowest risk assessment level it can issue. That’s partly because there have not actually been any reported incidents of the overheating problem occurring in any European country, LG said. It added that the voluntary recall program is precautionary in order to prevent any problems arising later. "

Who do you trust and who do you beleive - anyway I want a newer model to keep me warm this winter :)
Where There's OLED Smoke, Is There OLED Fire?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom