LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be easy enough to test, feed it a 2160p static image with alternating black/white horizontal lines and check with a magnifying glass (turn all 'enhancement' modes off first).

However if this TV was only capable of 720p images, I suspect the people in this thread might just have noticed by now...

Andre

This is the best 3D TV ever, in my view, alongside higher end models from the same year. I found active solutions (with powered glasses) much harder in the eyes. Not really concerned about the actual resolution, as the 3D image is incredible. Dreading the day my E6 dies, as, while I'll doubtless see an upgrade in other areas of core performance with a current OLED, it will be no compensation whatsoever for loosing 3D.

That would be easy enough to test, feed it a 2160p static image with alternating black/white horizontal lines and check with a magnifying glass (turn all 'enhancement' modes off first).

However if this TV was only capable of 720p images, I suspect the people in this thread might just have noticed by now...

Andre
It's still not clear if E6 supports full 1080p lines... even Vincent is not sure enough and as per LG officials this TV supports 1080p FullHD.... they described it as 4k 3D+...Either it can be a good upscaling or TV might actually support full 1080p lines.

I'm sorry as I'm sure this has been covered before, but is this banding across the bottom of the screen permanent?

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_213250.jpg
    IMG_20200723_213250.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 149
I'm sorry as I'm sure this has been covered before, but is this banding across the bottom of the screen permanent?
Looks like some burn in mate? news channel or something?

Looks like some burn in mate? news channel or something?
Hmm been watching one of the news finance channels every morning for a few months, maybe that's it!? I thought burn in died with the plasmas? Not on a £3500 oled🙄

Hmm been watching one of the news finance channels every morning for a few months, maybe that's it!? I thought burn in died with the plasmas? Not on a £3500 oled🙄
Had a few oleds in my days.
For some reason the e6 was the one that continually burnt in for me.. Had 4 screen replacements on it, all burnt in within months.
my ea8800, ef950, b6, c7, c8 and c9 oleds have not burnt in with the same usage so make of that what you will :smashin:

try the youtube app on e6, type in something like Oled Burn-in Checker.. it will cycle through colours and show you the burn in..

some colours will show it more than others.. you will probably be able to make out more.. maybe even text if it's been static.

With the upcoming PS5 and Xbox Series X, does the E6 display 60FPS in 4K HDR?

With the upcoming PS5 and Xbox Series X, does the E6 display 60FPS in 4K HDR?

well i watched the 4K UHD Blu-ray of Gemini Man on mine and thats 60fps 4K HDR

Think the E6 won't do Dolby Vision @60fps. Thats's why some Netflix titles trigger HDR mode instead of Dolby Vision even when it's available in DV. It's usually TV shows which are generally 60fps as opposed to movies which come as 24fps and trigger DV. Not 100% certain but I remember reading that somewhere before.

Thanks for the replies. So 4K HDR at 60FPS is possible but 4K Dolby Vision is Limited to 30FPS?

I can’t see many games titles being released in Dolby Vision in any case.

Only took a few weeks for the new Netflix position to burn in on my 55E6. This & the YouTube logo at the top left I now have to select what I want to watch on a phone & cast it from a blank disused input, rather than spending a few minutes browsing available videos on the TV.
Perhaps all OLED owners should cast from a device because of this fault with OLEDs.

Only took a few weeks for the new Netflix position to burn in on my 55E6. This & the YouTube logo at the top left I now have to select what I want to watch on a phone & cast it from a blank disused input, rather than spending a few minutes browsing available videos on the TV.
Perhaps all OLED owners should cast from a device because of this fault with OLEDs.
Would you mind sharing the pic? Practicallyit's impossible to get burn-in in few weeks.

I can see that mine is Netflix, as I can make out the logo in the bottom right. I have a 5 year extended warranty with John Lewis, any ideas if they will accept this as a claim? Got skysports live logo and some Bloomberg too!

Attachments

• IMG_20200725_122830.jpg
    IMG_20200725_122830.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Yeah the E6 is limited to 4K30 for Dolby Vision
I’m confused cause I tested Gemini Man when the disc arrived and I got Dolby Vision come up and the motion appears to be 60fps, but my E6 shows the display is on;y outputting 1080p. I was going to post on here and ask if anyone could advise how to get 4K HDR @ 60 FPS for when I actually get around to watching the film (I know it doesn’t do Dolby Vision at 60). TBH though my eyesight isn’t good enough to tell the difference between 1080p and 2160p anyway so didn’t bother posting.

I’m confused cause I tested Gemini Man when the disc arrived and I got Dolby Vision come up and the motion appears to be 60fps, but my E6 shows the display is on;y outputting 1080p. I was going to post on here and ask if anyone could advise how to get 4K HDR @ 60 FPS for when I actually get around to watching the film (I know it doesn’t do Dolby Vision at 60). TBH though my eyesight isn’t good enough to tell the difference between 1080p and 2160p anyway so didn’t bother posting.
The E6 can do DV @60fps when 1080p. I watched that movie on my Oppo 203, and it sent it as 1080p. I can get it to play 4K60 HDR10 by setting the player to forced HDR10. I also could not tell the difference between 4K and 1080P DV. Perhaps it's because the movie was not filmed in 4K, or was a 2K DI.

Last edited:
Well Curry’s, Team Knowhow, were supposed to collect my E6 for repair this evening, guess what, they didn’t turn up, no surprise there then, I just new it. No call to say they were not going to make it or any text message. Pretty poor show, dare say I will be on the phone again tomorrow for in excess of 40min waiting for them to answer. :mad:

I can see that mine is Netflix, as I can make out the logo in the bottom right. I have a 5 year extended warranty with John Lewis, any ideas if they will accept this as a claim? Got skysports live logo and some Bloomberg too!
May I know how long it took to show these panel imperfections?
I'm so stunned...within just few weeks getting burnin ....displaying the static Netflix logo for how long?
Getting worried now.

Anybody can explain what exactly is the use of de-blur in motion setting?
I tried setting it from 1 to 9 and it does nothing to the actual content especially 24p.

May I know how long it took to show these panel imperfections?
I'm so stunned...within just few weeks getting burnin ....displaying the static Netflix logo for how long?
Getting worried now.
My TV is 4 years old and noticed a few weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom