LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The repair centre guys turned up today to inspect and have said that they are confident that they can get a 3D panel. They also state that they will not be putting on a 2D panel.
They will order the panel and fit it at my house when available so I get to keep the tv for now.
Thank you all for the comments and advice, I will keep you informed of progress.
There does seem to be a lot of people with issues on their E6 TVs.

The repair centre guys turned up today to inspect and have said that they are confident that they can get a 3D panel. They also state that they will not be putting on a 2D panel.
They will order the panel and fit it at my house when available so I get to keep the tv for now.
Thank you all for the comments and advice, I will keep you informed of progress.
There does seem to be a lot of people with issues on their E6 TVs.
That is fantastic news !!! If at all possible can you ask them where did they source the panel from...this would prove very useful for other E6 owners :thumbsup:

Let's wait and see if they really can get a 3D panel.
I don't believe they can.

Yes this is a story I have heard a few time to behoves and on all occasions the TV has ended up having a 2D panel installed.

After 3+ years I have just unwrapped the slim remote for the first time and it isn’t working properly :(
Got a message saying the remote has been registered but only the power and mute buttons are working.

Does anyone know how to reset it?

Thanks!

See if this works:
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like
See if this works:

Thanks for that.

That is the weird thing, this is the slim IR remote, not sure why the TV wouldn’t recognise the commands
I did try the magic remote reset combo from that page but it doesn’t work.
I have a bad feeling I might have to factory reset the TV

You mean the small remote?
I agree you may have to factory reset the TV.

I doubt it also, as many on here have been told by LG, there are no longer any 3D panels for E6.
My E6 had to be replaced by Currys last week, as no parts available.

I doubt it also, as many on here have been told by LG, there are no longer any 3D panels for E6.
My E6 had to be replaced by Currys last week, as no parts available.
I am still waiting for the response on panel availability and have stated that a 2D panel will not be acceptable.
what replacement did you go for?

I am still waiting for the response on panel availability and have stated that a 2D panel will not be acceptable.
what replacement did you go for?

I got the LG OLED55CX5LB.
With price match, it was only about an extra £100.

Many places that had the 55CX for £1599 now out of stock, so will not be able to match, but at least the price has come down to £1699 at Currys.

The 55E9 is a nice TV and would have cost me nothing to buy, but I just wanted the CX as it's newer.

What is the best way to enjoy Atmos content on the E6 with an Atmos Receiver ? My understanding is the ARC will not carry Atmos to a Receiver ??

What is the best way to enjoy Atmos content on the E6 with an Atmos Receiver ? My understanding is the ARC will not carry Atmos to a Receiver ??
I don't have an Atmos amp, but my understanding is that Atmos metadata can be carried via Dolby Digital+ which when I had my E6 was supported via the ARC port.

I have been on another AVForum for my new Receiver and asked the same question with a few members saying it won't pass Atmos via ARC or Optical only DD+ but to satisfy my curiosity I will test out all possible connections.

I have been on another AVForum for my new Receiver and asked the same question with a few members saying it won't pass Atmos via ARC or Optical only DD+ but to satisfy my curiosity I will test out all possible connections.
none of the 2016 oleds pass atmos via arc,older hdmi.

none of the 2016 oleds pass atmos via arc,older hdmi.
Ok thanks I guess that saves me time messing around with testing.

I was getting DD+ via ARC, so not sure why ATMOS will not work if you have compatible receiver.
Maybe it was via optical cable?

I get Atmos via ARC on my E6 back to my AVR

Atmos comes up on my AVR not Dolby digital plus.

I'm intrigued. I can only get it to flag up on my AVR by playing an Atmos Blu-ray disc. Is this what you mean?

E6 plays Atmos back to my 2050 amp 3d blu with Atmos,games with Atmos. Shadow of the Tombraider has a great Atmos track and with 4k 3d and hdr its sublime on the E6

I'm intrigued. I can only get it to flag up on my AVR by playing an Atmos Blu-ray disc. Is this what you mean?
E6 plays Atmos back to my 2050 amp 3d blu with Atmos,games with Atmos. Shadow of the Tombraider has a great Atmos track and with 4k 3d and hdr its sublime on the E6

Don't you have the bluray player and the console hooked up to your amp/avr and the output going to the tv?

Yes mine is set up as you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom