LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the same, was thinking of moving up to a 65B9, do you think I'd notice a drop in quality from the E6 to the B9? Unfortunately the 65C9 is out of stock at Currys and wont be back.

Don’t go for the b9, you are dropping to a budget set. Is this a warranty replacement? You want at least the e9, if not then the cx/GX.

Don’t go for the b9, you are dropping to a budget set. Is this a warranty replacement? You want at least the e9, if not then the cx/GX.
Unfortunately can't afford either CX or GX in the 65, Currys don't have the E9 or C9 any longer. My thinking is that coming from a 4 year old E6 I would imagine the tech has moved on so even the B9 would be a step up. The sound isn't an issue and it's wall mounted so build isn't a problem. I wanted HDMI 2.1 to future proof next gen consoles.

Then you have to go for a C9 or CX.
According to all the reviews it has HDMI 2.1. Even the review here on avforums.

Is this not the case?

From what is being debated, it seems the B may not support 4K@120Hz HDR, due to a chipset limitation.

I believe no one is really sure, but If you are targetting a future proof set, perhaps the B should be avoided?

It's more for the eARC, VRR and ALLM that I want it 4k at 60 is decent enough on my X. I really needed to get something quickly that fell within the budget that Currys had given me which was 1499 so the B6 at 65" was one of the few. I had thought about the Samsung q80 but it has problems too and doesn't do Dolby Vision. I reckon the B9 will be a good enough step up from the E6 to last me 2-3 years hopefully! Which would mean the purchase price of the E6 has given me TV's which have lasted 7-8 years which is reasonable. Plus it gives me another 5 year warranty.

Surely if they have advertised the B9 as having full HDMI 2.1, if it then doesn't they are asking for issues and complaints and possible compensation? I know Sony have had this in the past with functions or features advertised to be added and when they haven't they've had problems particularly in the USA.

Ignore my post, just unplugged the TV for a minute and that seems to have fixed it.
Glad you got it sorted..I dread reading new posts in this thread cause it’s so very often ‘my e6 has stopped doing....’ and makes me fearful for the day mine packs in and I lose 3D altogether. My man-den is my bedroom and no room whatsoever for a pj.

It's more for the eARC, VRR and ALLM that I want it 4k at 60 is decent enough on my X. I really needed to get something quickly that fell within the budget that Currys had given me which was 1499 so the B6 at 65" was one of the few. I had thought about the Samsung q80 but it has problems too and doesn't do Dolby Vision. I reckon the B9 will be a good enough step up from the E6 to last me 2-3 years hopefully! Which would mean the purchase price of the E6 has given me TV's which have lasted 7-8 years which is reasonable. Plus it gives me another 5 year warranty.

Surely if they have advertised the B9 as having full HDMI 2.1, if it then doesn't they are asking for issues and complaints and possible compensation? I know Sony have had this in the past with functions or features advertised to be added and when they haven't they've had problems particularly in the USA.

£1499 seems low to me. My insurance company covered the cost of an E9 (£2199) when my E6 broke. I was offered either an E9 or £2k. I took the E9 and I am very happy.

Oh and in case you're wondering, it was only last week. E9's are available at Richer sounds with 6 year warrany for £2199 and C9's at John Lewis for £1999.

I would be careful with HDMI 2.1 specs. They are not all equal. For example the C/GX has slightly different implementation to the C/E9. Just because the B9 says 2.1 doesn't mean its the same as the C/E9.

£1499 seems low to me. My insurance company covered the cost of an E9 (£2199) when my E6 broke. I was offered either an E9 or £2k. I took the E9 and I am very happy.

Oh and in case you're wondering, it was only last week. E9's are available at Richer sounds with 6 year warrany for £2199 and C9's at John Lewis for £1999.
Yup mine was a 55E6 so the replacement was a 55E9 which is £1499. I wanted to move up to a 65 DC the B9 was the only one in the price range. The HDMI 2.1 implementation on the B9 include the VRR, ALLM and eARC which were the main things, if it includes the 40 or 48gbps allowing full 4k 120 then ideal. But I see the C9 has the full 48gbps but the CX is limited to 40gbps. Although I doubt in reality it would make any significant difference but guess we'll find out when PS5 and XBXS are released.

Yup mine was a 55E6 so the replacement was a 55E9 which is £1499. I wanted to move up to a 65 DC the B9 was the only one in the price range. The HDMI 2.1 implementation on the B9 include the VRR, ALLM and eARC which were the main things, if it includes the 40 or 48gbps allowing full 4k 120 then ideal. But I see the C9 has the full 48gbps but the CX is limited to 40gbps. Although I doubt in reality it would make any significant difference but guess we'll find out when PS5 and XBXS are released.

Have you ordered a B9 then?

Currys shows OLED65C9PLA as on order 10-21 days but with 1500 views in the last 24 hours.
It does not let you back order though.
Just noticed when you click on the E9PLA it takes you to the E9MLB, but I think is because some are still available to collect, but you would need a big car.

Last edited:

Currys shows OLED65C9PLA as on order 10-21 days but with 1500 views in the last 24 hours.
Just noticed when you click on the E9PLA it takes you to the E9MLB, but I think is because some are still available to collect, but you would need a big car.
Or just hire a Zip Van for a couple hours.

Got Currys on chat and the PLA is gone and they confirmed it wouldn't be back that's why it constantly goes to the MLB when you click the link, I tried all day yesterday to try and get it. The MLB is 60+ miles away despite it saying its only 30, and I don't think it would fit in my car. I'm not up for travelling 120+ miles to get one for £500 more plus travelling back 60+ miles on crap Scottish roads with a £2k telly lying flat in the ck doesn't appeal! The B9 comes tomorrow as long as the pic is as good as the E6 and it lasts me 3 years it'll be fine I reckon.

I am sure the B9 will be much better than the E6.
Good luck. :)

My 55CX is also being delivered tomorrow afternoon. :D

I couldn't
Glad you got it sorted..I dread reading new posts in this thread cause it’s so very often ‘my e6 has stopped doing....’ and makes me fearful for the day mine packs in and I lose 3D altogether. My man-den is my bedroom and no room whatsoever for a pj.
I couldn't agree more ! I Dredd the same fearing how many E6 members are experiencing issues from a model that is not yet 5 years old !
In terms of space I have the same issue but one idea could be a Short Throw PJ.

I have contacted Richer sounds and they advise that their 6 year warranty is a repair and not replace unless of course, it cannot be repaired.
I am therefore forced to have the panel changed - they are collecting it on Monday.
probably without the set for a few weeks!
I have a 55B7 on the wall in the kitchen and wonder how soon problems will appear. My next tv won’t be LG!

I have contacted Richer sounds and they advise that their 6 year warranty is a repair and not replace unless of course, it cannot be repaired.
I am therefore forced to have the panel changed - they are collecting it on Monday.
probably without the set for a few weeks!
I have a 55B7 on the wall in the kitchen and wonder how soon problems will appear. My next tv won’t be LG!

They can only change the panel for another 3D one. If it is not a 3D panel then they cannot repair it so you need a replacement.

They can only change the panel for another 3D one. If it is not a 3D panel then they cannot repair it so you need a replacement.
According to Richer sounds, LG have a clause stating that they may not support all features in the future meaning that they would replace with a 2D panel.
I wonder where I would stand in refusing the 2D panel?

According to Richer sounds, LG have a clause stating that they may not support all features in the future

I'm sure that was written to cover their back when something like a YouTube app breaks because of some new spec change on the service, and it's not worth their while rewriting apps for 10 year old tellys that they consider to be end-of-life.

The problem is, as has been stated, that they can just as easily apply that same all-encompassing condition to something like a 3D panel which they have since decided to stop supporting - although telling people that a 3-5 year old TV is "end of life" is pushing it a bit IMHO.

Andre

According to Richer sounds, LG have a clause stating that they may not support all features in the future meaning that they would replace with a 2D panel.

Fitting a 2D panel is probably Richer Sounds way of complying with bare minimum legal requirement to either repair or replace.

I am just happy that I bought from Currys, as the service has been brilliant, many others saying the same, so not just me.

Wow this is clever on LG's part !!! Almost sounds like they were pre-empting the eventual demise of 3D panels :thumbsdow

Haha no way! So they might also decide to not offer 4k and just send you a 28 inch Bush CRT set what they have lay around somewhere.

Richer sounds are on here if you want to tag them.... would be interesting to see their response! Disgusting.

I have the same shaped 'burn-in', in the same location. It suddenly appeared a month or so ago. I do not know where it came from. I have checked just about all the channels I usually tune into but could not find any news flashes or sports news etc that matches the shape. I had thought it might be a part of the circuit board behind the screen, but as it only becomes noticeable against certain colours, I will leave it until the TV breathes its last and will see what is available on the market at that stage.

One good thing about the 55" E6, SWMBO grumbled about getting a big TV but since we have had it she is glued to it, so maybe I can persuade her to try a 65". :)

Fitting a 2D panel is probably Richer Sounds way of complying with bare minimum legal requirement to either repair or replace.

I am just happy that I bought from Currys, as the service has been brilliant, many others saying the same, so not just me.
Agree with Hamiltone, Currys have been superb the way they handled my issues were exemplary. Not even 3 weeks and the replacement is on my wall. Can't complain at that.

Dilemma then.......folks here raving about the C9/CX picture improvement over the E6 and the E6 getting great returns on e-bay. I only have 6 3D movies but I’m watching The Hobbit 3D at the moment and it’s wonderful !?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom