LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 55E6 just got the 05.30.80 update. Does anyone know what this is all about.
It's nice to see LG still supporting this TV after so many years.
LG are not supporting or repairing this tv anymore. It’s obsolete, so say their service dept this morning. I’m absolutely ripping as the tv is only three/four years old.

Hi All,

Just had this new fw update...has anyone else noticed sound sync issues since installing it?

Never had issues before, that I noticed, but now, even on digital T2 terrestrial its waaaay out of sync since the update. Really not happy with it.

Not done it before but is there a way to roll back firmware?

TIA

Dave:)

LG are not supporting or repairing this tv anymore. It’s obsolete, so say their service dept this morning. I’m absolutely ripping as the tv is only three/four years old.
Is this LG service only or would this mean that even easy repairs like toasted power supply board could not be repaired at generic repairs shops because LG would not supply them with new spare part. On the other hand, competent repairs man can change the individual capacitor or whatever failed passive component without need for brand new PS board :).

Is this LG service only or would this mean that even easy repairs like toasted power supply board could not be repaired at generic repairs shops because LG would not supply them with new spare part. On the other hand, competent repairs man can change the individual capacitor or whatever failed passive component without need for brand new PS board :).

When purchased new most company's offered a 5 year warranty with this tv, therefore either LG or the company it was purchased from would have to offer a repair or a new equivalent tv. If the latter is the case then obviously there would be no 3D.

from would have to offer a repair or a new equivalent tv. If the latter is the case then obviously there would be no 3D.

There's the catch of course.

My E6 is just over two years old now, so if it suddenly died and was considered by the manufacturer as no longer repairable then I would have a strong case to claim it was not properly Fit For Purpose and of Suitable Quality - as it would not be reasonable to expect a £2,500 television purchase to only last two years.

However the best that anyone can now offer would be a modern replacement, which would sadly be far inferior in my opinion; any improvements over the E6 seem to be pretty much incremental and largely inconsequential, but it is a huge failing to no longer have the ability to play 3D.

Andre

My E6 had ‘aging pixel’ issues. Was collected for panel repair/replacement and recently had a call from LG that panel was obsolete and would I like it returning Unrepaired and repair cost credited. I’ve since contacted my supplier who is chasing them up because it doesn’t sound right. I’ll keep you updated if I hear anything else.

My E6 had ‘aging pixel’ issues. Was collected for panel repair/replacement and recently had a call from LG that panel was obsolete and would I like it returning Unrepaired and repair cost credited. I’ve since contacted my supplier who is chasing them up because it doesn’t sound right. I’ll keep you updated if I hear anything else.

What 'aging pixel' issues are you having?

AFAIK there are no 3D panels available for the 2016 oled models.

And I'm also interested in understanding what "aging pixel" issues are.

Ageing pixel is the process by which some become brighter or darker than others. Burn in - basically. But it can also cause light patches, discoloration etc...

Ageing pixel is the process by which some become brighter or darker than others. Burn in - basically. But it can also cause light patches, discoloration etc...
Be happy unless you actually see it on your set.

Sometimes I'm grateful that my eyesight is getting worse as I get older. I probably have issues with my E6 but I ain't sitting up close or looking for them!

I may stop any further firmware updates as if TV makers do the same as phone makers they'll release firmware on older devices to slow them down & encourage you to get a new device, as I've discovered on numerous older devices. Or worse still disable new features an old device could do all along like the S7 edge can do 4k60 HEVC. Hey, maybe the E6 could actually do 120hz like the C9?

I may stop any further firmware updates as if TV makers do the same as phone makers they'll release firmware on older devices to slow them down & encourage you to get a new device, as I've discovered on numerous older devices. Or worse still disable new features an old device could do all along like the S7 edge can do 4k60 HEVC. Hey, maybe the E6 could actually do 120hz like the C9?
Yes...I do agree on this.

Eh??

Conspiracy theory time.

I don’t think so.

Just my two penny’s worth.

Puts on silver foil cap before the responses start.....

Hi, has anyone else had any HDMI handshake issues since the most recent updates? I used to have them all the time on this TV. Re-inserting the HDMI cable would always work. However, having not had this issue now for a couple of years, it's suddenly decided to come back. Only happens on the PS4. Any advice would be much appreciated.

My E6 has always had handshaking issues with all HDMI devices except a Roku 4k.
Very often my PS4 pro will show no picture & I have to reset the PS4 to get a picture, same happened to the previous Xbox.

For balance, I've never had handshaking issues with my E6, on either Switch, Panasonic UHD player, original PS4, Radeon gfx card Roku stick, Wii U, Classé processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom