LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to Gemini Man - a friend of mine has his copy from the US already, it was shipped early (he got it on Saturday). I saw a few minutes on his c9 yesterday. Of course we don’t get the best experience with the E6 as it won’t play Dolby Vision at 60fps, so we only get HDR-10.

interestingly, I saw the film in Dolby Cinema at 120fps and I thought the colours looked washed out, on this disc they appear much richer. I now wonder if the 3D will be better on the disc release than in the cinema, the 3D in the cinema seemed flat and weak apart from a couple of scenes.

So it was a dolby vision Gemini man on c9 instead HDR?
Going back to Gemini Man - a friend of mine has his copy from the US already, it was shipped early (he got it on Saturday). I saw a few minutes on his c9 yesterday. Of course we don’t get the best experience with the E6 as it won’t play Dolby Vision at 60fps, so we only get HDR-10.

interestingly, I saw the film in Dolby Cinema at 120fps and I thought the colours looked washed out, on this disc they appear much richer. I now wonder if the 3D will be better on the disc release than in the cinema, the 3D in the cinema seemed flat and weak apart from a couple of scenes.

I'm after opinions on my 55" C6 (accept this is the E6 thread but it seems to have more traffic!).

I'm getting a 65" C9 delivered either this Friday or next so I was looking at selling my 55" C6. Now I've never run the burn in test slides, because I've never noticed anything in normal content to cause me to wonder, but I thought I'd best do so before looking at selling it (I like to be as genuine as possible!). Now there's clear burn in on the bottom right of the Netflix logo from the official app.

I've never noticed it, and if I was keeping the TV it wouldn't bother me. However the TV -is- in warranty and also covered by the silly £6 a month Currys/PC World warranty. Now I can probably put a claim in for the burn in under that extended warranty. I suspect I'd be given the option of a replacement panel, but that'd kill off the (very good!) 3D. With enough pushing I think they'll offer me vouchers for a new TV.

Now I'm torn on what to do, sell it at a reasonably discounted rate because of the burn in, or go for the vouchers? I've already purchased the new TV so I can't use them to get a discount on that (purchase was with Richer Sounds, who did me a great deal). I guess it depends on what Currys offer me, which I'll find out tomorrow, but I thought there was no harm in canvasing the opinion of people here!

I'm after opinions on my 55" C6 (accept this is the E6 thread but it seems to have more traffic!).

I'm getting a 65" C9 delivered either this Friday or next so I was looking at selling my 55" C6. Now I've never run the burn in test slides, because I've never noticed anything in normal content to cause me to wonder, but I thought I'd best do so before looking at selling it (I like to be as genuine as possible!). Now there's clear burn in on the bottom right of the Netflix logo from the official app.

I've never noticed it, and if I was keeping the TV it wouldn't bother me. However the TV -is- in warranty and also covered by the silly £6 a month Currys/PC World warranty. Now I can probably put a claim in for the burn in under that extended warranty. I suspect I'd be given the option of a replacement panel, but that'd kill off the (very good!) 3D. With enough pushing I think they'll offer me vouchers for a new TV.

Now I'm torn on what to do, sell it at a reasonably discounted rate because of the burn in, or go for the vouchers? I've already purchased the new TV so I can't use them to get a discount on that (purchase was with Richer Sounds, who did me a great deal). I guess it depends on what Currys offer me, which I'll find out tomorrow, but I thought there was no harm in canvasing the opinion of people here!

I would check, but you may have problems claiming for issues with burn in.....that may not be covered under warranty.

Possible to connect Bluetooth headphone to E6?

Is Google (or indeed the forum search feature) not working for you?

Not sure how it works though, I can see the Bluetooth option in Settings > Sound > Sound Out, but can't see how to pair a headset, and the manual doesn't seem to help much with the detail either.

Andre

Last edited:
All I can say is that the new Modern Warfare Call of Duty is awesome, looks amazing these graphics and the HDR is on point, and playing games with HDR and 3D :D is still the best part about this TV. Still havn't seen a full movie in 3d on it yet but I recently ordered LG AG-F310 or whatever glasses from amazon to improve my 3D for games.

Last edited:
Is Google (or indeed the forum search feature) not working for you?

Not sure how it works though, I can see the Bluetooth option in Settings > Sound > Sound Out, but can't see how to pair a headset, and the manual doesn't seem to help much with the detail either.

Andre
Yes, tried searching on google but no luck. Hopefully someone would positively respond.
Anyways thanks for the reply.

I would check, but you may have problems claiming for issues with burn in.....that may not be covered under warranty.

Had a quick chat with them, apparently because it's the logo in the bottom right, and not an obvious solid image that has been left on carelessly they'll class it as accidental damage rather than "misuse". It's probably because it's not technically the warranty I'm claiming under but the added "Support Service" that I've apparently been paying £6 a month for without realising!

It's booked in for repair and I've made it clear that if it's 'repaired' I want the 3D fully functioning. They said the terms of the repair are that it comes back with all features intact or I get offered a replacement set. I'll see where it goes from here.

If I hadn't have been selling this though then I'd never have noticed the burn in - my stance of not going looking for problems has done me well, otherwise I'd now always be on the look out for this!

Had a quick chat with them, apparently because it's the logo in the bottom right, and not an obvious solid image that has been left on carelessly they'll class it as accidental damage rather than "misuse". It's probably because it's not technically the warranty I'm claiming under but the added "Support Service" that I've apparently been paying £6 a month for without realising!

It's booked in for repair and I've made it clear that if it's 'repaired' I want the 3D fully functioning. They said the terms of the repair are that it comes back with all features intact or I get offered a replacement set. I'll see where it goes from here.

If I hadn't have been selling this though then I'd never have noticed the burn in - my stance of not going looking for problems has done me well, otherwise I'd now always be on the look out for this!
Let us know if you get a 3D fully functioning display in replacement.

I see this new firmware on the LG site for E6/C6, but not the B6. I know its a different chipset though.
Does it normally take a little longer to release on B6, can't see any reason why the B6 wouldn't get it either.
Not that it will make any difference.

Just got 5.30.80 ota, wasnt expecting any more updates, after 3 years TV ius still superb.

I was surprised to see the OTA update this evening. Good to know that LG are supporting sets of this vintage. Makes me even more tempted to look at a GX later this year.

I was surprised to see the OTA update this evening. Good to know that LG are supporting sets of this vintage. Makes me even more tempted to look at a GX later this year.
Yes I went to check and mine was updating. Anybody figured out what the update does?

I don’t think the update is anything we want or need though.

Can’t find much out about it tbh

I would expect it has some security updates in there.

Updated mine to stop it nagging me.

My wife gets really cross with technology that doesn't take 'no' for an answer and keeps asking you anyway.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom