LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys are we waning now on the E6 or it's 3D capabilities.
I didn't mean to say that. I was just wondering if and how those said resolutions will affect the 3D performance on passive 3D set. As far as 3D performance is concerned, my E6 does it exceptionally and I am truly happy with it. 😊

I'm still happy with mine, my only complaint of it really is that it doesn't deal with poor quality feeds very well, it's terrible with most things on Sky, freeview.

Agreed, I notice a lot more digital noise and general muck in low and near-black areas with signals that have been overly compressed, especially SD content. I generally just put it down to this set showing up imperfections that were masked by lesser TVs before.

Andre

I'm still happy with mine, my only complaint of it really is that it doesn't deal with poor quality feeds very well, it's terrible with most things on Sky, freeview.

As soon as you give it a bluray or most 4k streams on Netflix etc it's still holds its own.
There is no doubt that the E6 really pops and shines with good quality feeds. We all know why we purchased the E6 and still remain amazed by its PQ.

Can anyone remember the standard ISF password to unlock the settings, I can't remember it now.

Thanks

Can anyone remember the standard ISF password to unlock the settings, I can't remember it now.

Thanks
Using the Service Remote it is 0413

I wonder how many of us E6 owners who have Calibrated or not Calibrated and what were their opinions and results

I wonder how many of us E6 owners who have Calibrated or not Calibrated and what were their opinions and results
I had my E6 calibrated years ago and it was so worth it. UHD discs look sensational and I would have to highlight how much better games look on a calibrated display.

I had my E6 calibrated years ago and it was so worth it. UHD discs look sensational and I would have to highlight how much better games look on a calibrated display.
I have been happy with mine but sometimes wonder how much more can it look. If I saw a Calibrated E6 65 inch then that could help.

Has anybody witnessed, watching Gemini Man in HDR on E6? I judt finished watching it and I mean wow!!!!!! Forget about how good or bad plot of the movie is but 120 FPS natively shoot will make you forget every single flaw/complaint /issue you ever had about E6. It's a butter smooth motion with zero artifacts. Talking about HDR performance of the movie is one of the best I have ever watched on my E6. Almost noise free even in dark scenes. Definitely your e6 will make you feel proud.
Do you have on it on 4K UHD disc already ?

Do you have on it on 4K UHD disc already ?
Going by the posters track record it’s most likely pirated.
Not due for UK release until middle of Feb.

I plonked him ages ago. Not contributing to the forum at all IMO.

Going by the posters track record it’s most likely pirated.
Not due for UK release until middle of Feb.

I understand that he is from India, but I do also rather doubt we are talking about a legitimately imported disc here (the US disc release is on Tuesday 14th Jan, but it's available for streaming to US Amazon customers already). My understanding that this will be a 60fps release anyway, not 120fps.

Andre

@KalpeshChavan I have already messaged you regarding this, but just to be clear to you (and anyone) any discussion related to illegal activity such as potential piracy is against rule 5 of our forum rules.

I can see a previous post of yours has already been deleted by a moderator for suspicion of piracy, but in this case I will let you off since the movie is available already to watch in certain regions.

Just be aware, that any postings suggest illegal activity will result in posts being deleted and possible infractions on your account.

Please bear this in mind when posting in the future.

Everyone can read the forum rules (including rule 5) here: Terms & Rules

Just checked and not available for OTA update yet.
I always do a manual check when I turn on my E6 and then just before powering off.

Interesting, will check it out. Good to know LG is still providing new firmware updates on E6 :smashin:
Truely appreciate! It's been almost 4 years for a product and now how good to start the new year with this update. 😇
Any special mention worthy use of this firmware/any major update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom