LG E6 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

KalpeshChavan

Hey guys, Today I received a short notice on my E6 saying something like "Free power supply replacement......."(Couldn't read it completely). Anybody received the same? please guide. Thanks in advance!
Kindly reply............

hickbo

My LG E6 55" bought Jan 2017 is showing the Netflix logo from the Netflix selection screen on red backgrounds. I'm aware that the 3D panels are no longer available but I'm keen to find out if anyone has actually had the panel replaced in their E6 with a 2D panel or whether their TV has just been written off with a replacement model or refund?

Please let me know if you've had your E6 panel replaced with a 2D model.

Hi xWill,

I've just had my E6 replace by due to the Netflix logo burn in. Its obviously a panel issue, this was confirmed by LG. Obviously they don't have replacement 3D screens so you are well within your rights to ask for a refund or replacement. I did query if a replacement screen would look cosmetically the same as the the 3D panel ant they confirmed it would.

xWill

Hi xWill,

I've just had my E6 replace by due to the Netflix logo burn in. Its obviously a panel issue, this was confirmed by LG. Obviously they don't have replacement 3D screens so you are well within your rights to ask for a refund or replacement. I did query if a replacement screen would look cosmetically the same as the the 3D panel ant they confirmed it would.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I went back to the retailer to advise of my disappointment and am now looking into taking their offer of a trade in to a 2020 model. Hope your panel replacement goes well.

RLT

Been a while since I've been on the forums
My 65" E6 has experienced burn in for years now.
Netflix bottom right, 'Breaking News' bottom left with associated banners along the bottom and all the You Tube logos as well.
Got a 5 year warranty
So by reading some of the recent members posts here, I could get a refund ?
Really enjoy the 3D tho

Craigy

Distinguished Member
I have a burn in line from one of the news channels, I have had the set for four years, will LG touch it?

SeeMoreDigital

I have a burn in line from one of the news channels, I have had the set for four years, will LG touch it?
Where are you located? Different countries have different warranty legislation!

Craigy

Distinguished Member
I had a 5 year warranty from the store I got it from, they’ve offered me an OLED65CX in exchange, good deal? obviously I’ll miss 3D

hal1000

If you paid the original 5K price for your E6 then get a 5K refund if you can (small print), then you can get something even better (77" oled).

hickbo

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I went back to the retailer to advise of my disappointment and am now looking into taking their offer of a trade in to a 2020 model. Hope your panel replacement goes well.

Hi xWILL, sorry should have been a bit clearer, I got the 55E6 replaced with a 55GX.

AV Fanboy

Anyone having issues with the Disney+ app keep restarting to free up space?
Really annoying...
The TV has loads of free space. I've tried closing all apps but still no dice.
Its does it every 30 secs when playing a TV show.

ruffian2205

Really annoying...
Yes, although I have an AppleTV 4K I thought I may as well set the app up on my tv but it crashes and closes the app to free up memory so often I haven’t been able to use it to watch anything.

gscholefield

Really annoying...
Hi,
My Disney+ app is working fine, no crashes at all.

Bossk128

I get this issue periodically, say what month or two. It never happens when viewing, always on the menu or as you launch a video. It was introduced in an update 2-3 updates ago.

I don't think it's storage space, but RAM availability. I also had this issue since 2017 on Netflix and other apps, and so I've always had the TV on 'totally off' option, not the 'quick start off' (terminology escapes me). This cleared up all my non-Disney issues.

OLEDGAMER

In 2017 I choose this TV because I felt It was future proof enough for next gen systems. Now the PS5 is coming out and I'll be trying to buy it day one to play on this TV. I look forward to it a lot ! 4K HDR 60 is what games will be targeting meaning the TV is just good enough! and you can always switch on post converted 3d :D

Azazael

Standard Member
My LG65 E6 purchased in May 2017 just went in for repair under the 5 year D&G warranty. It has the 'Breaking News' bottom left image retention issue. Previously to 2017 I had a pioneer plasma that lasted 10 years with no burn issues.

D&G just gave me a LGOLED65GX6LA in replacement

The OLED picture quality is superb but you will need get image retention sooner or later. So my advice is to either get an insurance against that or be firm about your "UK statutory rights" when it does happen.

wimbledonpaul

Standard Member
An update on this. I contacted the retailer MediaMarkt.nl but they would not respond at all. through multiple posts on social media I was able to get LG NL to respond to me on Facebook messenger. They made all the right noises and arranged an engineer to visit.
This was a 3rd party company called CE Repair, and the nice sting was that there is a 97euro call out charge to get them to come. LG Claimed I should not have to pay that, but CE Repair disagreed.

Anyways, the engineer came on Oct 1st, used the service remote to call up the service screens, took photos of the screens on his mobile, and then said "well LG have no replacement screens for the 65" E6 so I have to go back to them, give them my report and they will propose something to you, possibly replacing it with a newer model. 06th today and I still have heard nothing back.

Given LG and the CE Repair engineer knew it was a 65E6V and would have known there are no replacement panels available, the engineer coming it seems was just a way to screw me out of 100euros to tell me something they could have told me in advance.

Oh and LG NL are now completely ignoring me on social media, so seems I will need to post OLED warnings on all of their social media adverts to get their attention again.

So, ongoing...

Another update, this time a better story.

after a lot of talking with LG They finally agreed to a credit with the original retailer.
so the E6 purchased on 02/01/2017 for €4999 and that now has burnin has gotten me a credit of €1805 which I am using to purchase a 65GX by topping up the money. there is also a €200 cash back in NL on oled purchases before the end of december.
So despite all the frustration, I did, in the end, get some result out of the situation.

So perseverance works it seems.

Shaun666

Haven't checked in here for a while but thought my experience might be of interest. Purchased my 65e6v back in May 2017 with 5 year guarantee. Within 6 months I had an area that was a different shade in the top right corner. Rang LG and they fitted a new, 3d screen. 5 months ago I smelt burning and a puff of smoke came from the back. That was repaired under guarantee also. Now I have screen burn showing up in lots of areas onscreen as well as a green blob in the middle that really shows up on people's faces. Time to use that guarantee again !

ruffian2205

i Always worry about reading new posts in this thread. Most are now just stories of our beloved TVs being replaced. It upsets me how many people are having to do this writhing the 5 years of the guarantee. I think the only thing that could convince me to buy an LG in future would be if they made a 3D model again.

Rob F1UK

Oddly, just plugged in my Xbox Series X which arrived today and checked the supported TV features via the console and it reports that Dolby Vision isn't supported as its an older version?

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Oddly, just plugged in my Xbox Series X which arrived today and checked the supported TV features via the console and it reports that Dolby Vision isn't supported as its an older version?

It's probably the frame rate, only supported up to 30fps on this model.

JMek

I was lucky enough to snag a series X, heulluva machine.

However I was surprised to see that my E6 doesn't support 120hz.

I didn't expect 4k 120, but thought the TV had 120hz refresh rate?

OLEDGAMER

I never thought this tv had 120hz in 1080p. But you definitely don't want to use Dolby Vision as its limited to 30hz. And I believe it only supports dolby vision via the apps and not HDMI.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett