LG E6 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
The E6 only does Dolby + using ARC from the internal apps.

Full fat lossless Atmos is not possible using ARC on the E6, you need the never Oleds for this.

Blu-Rays etc to an AVR Is not effected.

Also, a noted point the Apple TV 4k does Atmos but it’s the Dolby + version and not the same as you find on Blu-Rays

Dorset Dave

Agreed. A comprehensive summary of Atmos and the E6. Thanks.

Mav1874

E6 plays Atmos back to my 2050 amp 3d blu with Atmos,games with Atmos. Shadow of the Tombraider has a great Atmos track and with 4k 3d and hdr its sublime on the E6
Yes mine is set up as you describe.
If that's the set up then it's the blu ray or game console sending the Atmos to the Amp/Avr the E6 won't do Atmos from in built apps it can't send Atmos info to the Amp/Avr. Atmos from the actual TV isn't possible on the E6.

Dorset Dave

Agreed. It's a pity the E6 can't provide the benefits of all Atmos sources but it's still a superb TV and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Dorset Dave

Thanks for that but no joy. AVR only showed Dolby Surround not Atmos.

Mav1874

It's the PC to the amp which is making the Atmos light up, that's not coming from the E6. Arc will only be used when using the inbuilt E6 apps. Watching Netflix, Prime or Plex from the inbuilt E6 app to your amp by Arc won't produce Atmos only DD+ at best.

Dorset Dave

Thanks for that. Appreciate the input.

Can anybody explain why E6 can pass Atmos? Is hardware responsible? Or just a software upgrade can do that?
I got to know there were petition signed in 2017 for that.

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Can anybody explain why E6 can pass Atmos? Is hardware responsible? Or just a software upgrade can do that?
I got to know there were petition signed in 2017 for that.
It can’t pass atmos through ARC, only DD+

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member

deadmartyr

Standard Member
Hi All,

I've tried searching in this thread but couldn't find an answer around this:

Is it possible to get Dolby Vision and Atmos through the E6 via an Amazon 4K Fire Stick for Disney+, Prime Video and Neflix? I've got an OLED 55E6V connected to a Denon x2300w

kahlua

if th
Hi All,

I've tried searching in this thread but couldn't find an answer around this:

Is it possible to get Dolby Vision and Atmos through the E6 via an Amazon 4K Fire Stick for Disney+, Prime Video and Neflix? I've got an OLED 55E6V connected to a Denon x2300w
if the fire stick supports it,plug directly into the amp,if the amp supports dv da.

Can anybody tell me how B6 differs from E6 except 3D and sound bar? Is there any significant improvement in picture quality since the removal of 3D filters?

SimonST

Distinguished Member
Can anybody tell me how B6 differs from E6 except 3D and sound bar? Is there any significant improvement in picture quality since the removal of 3D filters?
from HDTVtest review back in 2016:

A question that will play on the minds of prospective LG B6 buyers is whether to fork out extra money for the more expensive E6 model: is there any actual difference in picture quality, putting aside the lack of 3D, integrated soundbar and “OLED-on-Glass” design?

Fundamentally, the LG OLED55B6 and OLED55E6 use different chipsets: the former carries one from Realtek (RTD2999); whereas the latter features LG’s own in-house solution, as you can see from the sets’ respective service menus:

Subjectively, the OLED55B6V’s calibration controls behaved more like a late 2015 EF950V/ EG960V, though it’s still possible to obtain a very accurate greyscale. That said, the B6V’s less refined [Brightness] slider meant that it’s easy to float/ crush blacks unless extreme care was taken during calibration.

I believe near-black processing was reported to be a bit better on the C6/E6/G6

connect

I’ve got an E6 and an Atmos Soundbar. It won’t pass Atmos through to it via ARC. I have to go directly from a box like Apple TV plugged into the Soundbar to get Atmos.

connect

I’ve just noticed on eBay that someone has 20 brand new E6 65” for sale if anyone happens to want to replace theirs if it’s been damaged or something. £1495 and he/she’s sold about 6 that I can see from the feedback. It’s good to see they’re still getting a good price.

Not sure if I need a backup one day 😆

Famous TV calibrator Vincent Theo has calibrated many 3D oleds including C6/E6/G6 and still he says the TV supports only 720p verticle lines. He even posted this on his insta account.

andrewilley

TV supports only 720p verticle lines.
That would be easy enough to test, feed it a 2160p static image with alternating black/white horizontal lines and check with a magnifying glass (turn all 'enhancement' modes off first).

However if this TV was only capable of 720p images, I suspect the people in this thread might just have noticed by now...

Andre