LG E6 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Mav1874

Your argument could be that the equivalent of the E model is now the GX. More likely they will try and offer one of the 2019 models, so just make sure you push. At the least you want the CX (basically the same as the GX anyway)
The only thing is they are running out of the 2019 models there are limited C9's available now. Cant see them offering a GX but you are right strictly speaking the E6 was the 3rd in the product line at the time, third in the product line now is the G series. They are currently trying to source a part for mine from the manufacturer. They've been great so far to be fair, cant fault the service at all.

Mav1874

The only thing is they are running out of the 2019 models there are limited C9's available now. Cant see them offering a GX but you are right strictly speaking the E6 was the 3rd in the product line at the time, third in the product line now is the G series. They are currently trying to source a part for mine from the manufacturer. They've been great so far to be fair, cant fault the service at all.
Although just noticed they do have the 55E9 in stock so wonder if thats what would be offered.

hamiltone

Although just noticed they do have the 55E9 in stock so wonder if thats what would be offered.
I was going to have a look in my local Currys yesterday to see what the various LG OLED models looked like in real life. Beforehand I checked the store opening times online, only to find that most Currys are not open yet.
The nearest Currys store that is open is 20 miles away from here, so i will not be bothering, and I think they only have a queue and collect system at stores that are open, so no thanks to that.
Shops will not be the same again for a while yet.

Mav1874

Hopefully they will give you a voucher you can use online. The picture quality on the new OLEDs will be much better than the 2016 models I would imagine. Just depends on the actual look of them, and they all seem pretty minimalist now - just all screen!

gaz2810i

I recently had my E6 replaced with an E9 and the PQ and AQ is stunning. It also looks great as well.

I considered the CX and GX but in all honesty, having read the reviews, and because I could see them in person, they just didn't seem to big of an upgrade for the extra cost. The E9 was £2.1k compared to an CX which costs £2.9k.

hamiltone

I do like the look of the E9 if offered, but I don't mind if I have to pay extra for a CX as in theory being the latest model, it should be more reliable and have more software updates.

Mav1874

I recently had my E6 replaced with an E9 and the PQ and AQ is stunning. It also looks great as well.

I considered the CX and GX but in all honesty, having read the reviews, and because I could see them in person, they just didn't seem to big of an upgrade for the extra cost. The E9 was £2.1k compared to an CX which costs £2.9k.
Did they just send you the TV or did you get a voucher and order it yourself? I'm just wondering if they dont give a voucher, would they allow paying extra to get the model up or a different model entirely?

gaz2810i

I got given both options of cash or swap.

KalpeshChavan

Is it really a major improvement in PQ for your E9 compared to E6?

gaz2810i

Absolutely.

gaz2810i

Blacks are much better with much more detail in the near black. Colours are both more vibrant, richer and a lot more natural. The Image is a lot brighter especially in HDR and the extra brightness makes the contrast better levels better as well. The overall PQ is far more detailed and upscaling is better.

Overall I would say the PQ on the E9 (even uncalibrated) is much better than my E6 which was calibrated. The technology has just moved on so much in the last 3 to 4 yrs. HDR is much more LED like due to the extra brightness but much better than LEDS due to the added detail and contrast I would also say that the dynamic tone mapping in HDR and Dolby vision is infinitely better. than in the E6.

Beyond the PQ the sound is much crisper with better bass. The OS is also smoother with a lot more to offer in the way of features and apps.

I loved my E6 and wouldn't have replaced it if it didn't get broken beyond repair. But now that I have and even factoring in the loss of 3D I am very glad that I have. It is a lot better and thats saying a lot as the E6 was a great TV.

Mav1874

I do like the look of the E9 if offered, but I don't mind if I have to pay extra for a CX as in theory being the latest model, it should be more reliable and have more software updates.
Have you heard anything else yet hamiltone? They are still looking at mine but they have said it might be a voucher if they can't get the part. But no clue as to value yet.

hamiltone

Have you heard anything else yet hamiltone? They are still looking at mine but they have said it might be a voucher if they can't get the part. But no clue as to value yet.
I am waiting for a voucher to be emailed to me later this week, but I don't know how much it will be for.
Then I will probably order a 55CX.

Cooney

Hi, my E6 has developed a thin, black horizontal line about two thirds of the way down the screen. It starts at the left as very black and from about a 3rd of the way across the screen starts to fade But is still there. It is present on all inputs and channels.
I performed the panel refresh cycle (turns tv off for about an hour) a few times and the over night refreshes
(my tv is always on for more than 4 consecutive hours each day) have not cleared it.
Any ideas?
It is a 55E6 and I think I will call Richer sounds as I had an extended warranty. I don’t want to give up 3D though!

Last edited:

mwomwell

I was going to have a look in my local Currys yesterday to see what the various LG OLED models looked like in real life. Beforehand I checked the store opening times online, only to find that most Currys are not open yet.
The nearest Currys store that is open is 20 miles away from here, so i will not be bothering, and I think they only have a queue and collect system at stores that are open, so no thanks to that.
Shops will not be the same again for a while yet.
Que yes but you are allowed in to browse, I was in the Curry’s store in Coventry today, too me about 15 min of waiting time in the que to get into the store. Couldn’t see any 2020 models though.

hamiltone

Que yes but you are allowed in to browse, I was in the Curry’s store in Coventry today, too me about 15 min of waiting time in the que to get into the store. Couldn’t see any 2020 models though.
I guess no 2020 models as they have been shut for over three months, and stores have not been taking deliveries.

hamiltone

Any ideas?
It is a 55E6 and I think I will call Richer sounds as I had an extended warranty. I don’t want to give up 3D though!
I am no expert but that does not sound good.
You will more than likely have to give up 3D, as there are no spare E6 3D panels.
Either live with it, or accept that you will likely lose 3D.

Cooney

I am no expert but that does not sound good.
You will more than likely have to give up 3D, as there are no spare E6 3D panels.
Either live with it, or accept that you will likely lose 3D.
Thanks Hamiltone, I wonder what would be the chances of getting it changed for a newer model - I wouldn’t want to accept a panel swap to 2D.

hamiltone

Thanks Hamiltone, I wonder what would be the chances of getting it changed for a newer model - I wouldn’t want to accept a panel swap to 2D.
I have no knowledge of Richer Sounds repairs, only Currys, and they sent me a voucher for cost of an E9, as there are no longer any 3D TV's available.
Try and get a replacement TV, as there is no point putting a 2D panel in a 3D TV if that is the fault.

Mav1874

Just got the same, was thinking of moving up to a 65B9, do you think I'd notice a drop in quality from the E6 to the B9? Unfortunately the 65C9 is out of stock at Currys and wont be back.

Ollie328

I bought my e6 in 2017 from Richer sounds and it has been great until today. I turned on sky to find it had no audio, I rebooted my sky q box and still no sound. Swapped to a different hdmi port and the audio works. Hdmi 2 seems to have lost audio altogether. Is this likely to be an easy repair ( it's still under warranty) the TV only has 4 hdmi ports and I'm already having to use a splitter as I have a lot of devices so I don't want to just accept having a faulty hdmi port.