LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it now...did you find out how many hours the set accumulated?

Used Anyromote app on my phone and if it's the UTT 10485

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_131744.jpg
    IMG_20200617_131744.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 55
Used Anyromote app on my phone and if it's the UTT 10485
That roughly works out as 436 days. Depending on where you read they say OLED panels have a lifespan of 100,000 hours but that's 'normal' usage so it's a shame quite a few E6 owners on the Forum have panel issues and we can bet that most if all look after their sets and have accumulated UTT in nominal numbers.

I think if they can't replace with a 3D panel, I would look at newer TV's as the tech has improved and its better to get another 3 or 4 years out of a new TV than worrying about the old one just having the same problem. I'm interested to see what they say about mine. But for a company like LG who has put so much into OLED, to not cover what can only be described as defective panels is shockingly poor.

Have you heard from Currys knowhow yet.
You will need to use the trackit link at top of knowhow page, as it's not the same as one used to collect your TV.

That roughly works out as 436 days. Depending on where you read they say OLED panels have a lifespan of 100,000 hours but that's 'normal' usage so it's a shame quite a few E6 owners on the Forum have panel issues and we can bet that most if all look after their sets and have accumulated UTT in nominal numbers.

Yeah it's otherwise a great TV and I mainly bought it for the 3D

You will need to use the trackit link at top of knowhow page, as it's not the same as one used to collect your TV.
Will be interesting to hear how this goes.

I am still waiting for a text about getting a replacement TV from Currys, hopefully hear by end of the week.

Nothing yet, did they contact you or did you have to go back to them?

I'll try to check the tracker as they gave me a reference.

I absolutely LOVED my E6, as did everyone who saw it. That has changed now though with the GX, completely different ball game. See what you guys get offered as a replacement, if it is not the current years models, see if you have an option to pay a little more to upgrade. Worth it IMO!

Nothing yet, did they contact you or did you have to go back to them?

I'll try to check the tracker as they gave me a reference.

I contacted them, as that is what the tracker told me to do when I checked it.

I absolutely LOVED my E6, as did everyone who saw it. That has changed now though with the GX, completely different ball game. See what you guys get offered as a replacement, if it is not the current years models, see if you have an option to pay a little more to upgrade. Worth it IMO!

I think I will go for the CX, as mine is not wall mounted, and the GX price is overkill in my opinion as it does not offer any extra functions. maybe slightly better sound? but I use AV amp for serious watching.

I think the E6 looks better than current models.

I think I will go for the CX, as mine is not wall mounted, and the GX price is overkill in my opinion as it does not offer any extra functions. maybe slightly better sound? but I use AV amp for serious watching.

I think the E6 looks better than current models.

Yeah if you don't need wall mount, no need for GX.

When you see these new models, you will hate the look of the E6. The "sound bar" on the bottom looks horrible compared to the new slimline sets. IMO.

Wow! These pics look great. Indeed E6 has good picture quality. I can see the burn-In but one thing i simply don't get it, even though ppl know that OLED tvs are more prone to burn in, why they do expose it to static images for long period of time? :rolleyes:

Most people don’t, they just use it as a TV because that’s what it is after all and still get problems

Here is the 5% black test of my 65E6. Does it seem okay?

Attachments

• IMG-20200418-WA0006 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-20200418-WA0006 - Copy.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 57
Here is the 5% black test of my 65E6. Does it seem okay?
Black isn't the issue it's usually red and anything which uses red. Run full red, yellow, green, magenta screens from you tube.

Black isn't the issue it's usually red and anything which uses red. Run full red, yellow, green, magenta screens from you tube.
Posted it to determine whether my set has bad vertical bandings or fine.
My set haven completed 2000 hrs yet...no burn or image retention issue.

Posted it to determine whether my set has bad vertical bandings or fine.
My set haven completed 2000 hrs yet...no burn or image retention issue.
Its an E6 and it hasn't completed 2000 hours. I assume you don't watch it very often. My E6 was bought 12/2016 and had around 11000 hours on it. And I never leave static images on it. But that is still less than a third of its expected lifespan or hours of use.

Its an E6 and it hasn't completed 2000 hours. I assume you don't watch it very often. My E6 was bought 12/2016 and had around 11000 hours on it. And I never leave static images on it. But that is still less than a third of its expected lifespan or hours of use.
My case is different.
Bought it about 9 months back from LG India store.
Its 1800 hours now.

My case is different.
Bought it about 9 months back from LG India store.
Its 1800 hours now.
That makes more sense sorry! I couldn't figure out how a TV that was sold in 2016 to 2017 only having under 2000 hours.

I am still waiting for a text about getting a replacement TV from Currys, hopefully hear by end of the week.
Hi Hamilton’s, a quick question from me re experience with Currys, did you approach them on the basis of OLED pixel degradation or screen burn. Just out of interest did your screen actually have any image retention. I have an E6 with a care or service agreement but when I approached them they did not want to know. My screen has got the blasted Good Morning logo showing when certain coloured backgrounds are displayed and not through leaving the tv on this channel for long periods.

Hi Hamilton’s, a quick question from me re experience with Currys, did you approach them on the basis of OLED pixel degradation or screen burn. Just out of interest did your screen actually have any image retention. I have an E6 with a care or service agreement but when I approached them they did not want to know. My screen has got the blasted Good Morning logo showing when certain coloured backgrounds are displayed and not through leaving the tv on this channel for long periods.

My screen was completely dead. The only function that worked was power on/off.

Also, I was not aware of any screen burn or pixel issues as the picture was always excellent.

Check the burn in threads, I am sure people have been successful with claims against curry's so that will have set a precedent.

As others have told me, it may NOT actually be burn in, more pixel degradation. So the colour of the logo has meant the pixels have worn out prematurely. This was accepted (by D&G certainly) as a panel fault, so they upheld my claim.

They did try and wriggle out off covering burn in which is crazy as their own T&C literally specified LCD, Plasma and Rear Projection TV's as the only ones excluded!

I had a couple of logos but the main issue was severe fading in the centre of the screen particularly in red but noticeable in yellow, green, purple, and anything involving red. Contacted the know how folk on social media messenger and they took it for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom