Quantcast

LG E6 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

renny

So my beloved 3yr old E6 has PIR / Screen Burn / Pixel Wear (choose the definition you wish).

A repair has been offered but it won't include a 3D Filter so I'll lose my 3D - p****d off is an understatement.

andypuk

Standard Member
So my beloved 3yr old E6 has PIR / Screen Burn / Pixel Wear (choose the definition you wish).

A repair has been offered but it won't include a 3D Filter so I'll lose my 3D - p****d off is an understatement.

How bad is the screen burn? Did you only just notice it?

renny

Pretty bad and can be seen on normal viewing - noticed it a couple of weeks ago.

A 'Nick' imprint in the bottom corner - my daughter watches Nick a maximum of an hour a day.

andypuk

Standard Member
It must happen over time then if she only watches it an hour a day...you'd have thought though with normal viewing after an hour of Nick that it would clear it until the next time she viewed....

Captain Ron

It occurs to me that a video processor must exist that can effectively do HDR tone mapping of whatever sort (Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HLG etc) and then spit the video out with the signal already adjusted but as if it was static HDR. Many projectors exist that don't have extensive HDR support but are capable of dynamic pictures and high frame rates. Occurs to me that such a box would be a useful thing for E6 owners as it would allow us to enjoy HFR HDR in whatever format up to 120fps.

Blue Zee

Pretty bad and can be seen on normal viewing - noticed it a couple of weeks ago.

A 'Nick' imprint in the bottom corner - my daughter watches Nick a maximum of an hour a day.
The NICK logo is in one of the most problematic colours, orange.
AFAIK the worst colour for OLED is bright yellow.

SeeMoreDigital

The NICK logo is in one of the most problematic colours, orange.
Will the use of these ridiculous DOG's (digital on-screen graphics) ever end. Especially on subscription TV channels!

renny

It must happen over time then if she only watches it an hour a day...you'd have thought though with normal viewing after an hour of Nick that it would clear it until the next time she viewed....
It's not every day either, she goes through stages of watching it.

It's demoralising knowing you can't watch what you want, when you want.

hlindstr

I have a Vu+ Enigma2 STB, which allows all kinds of tweaking and plugins. I have installed "AntiLogo" plugin, which can overlay black or any transparency box over chosen position. Size is also freely adjustable. It even remembers each channel as a separate box entry. I use it occasionally with problematic cable pay channels, which show annoying static logos or other boxes like in news channels. Especially, if there is yellow colour in those static logos/boxes.

the thing wnn

have had a read through last few pages and can't find answer, soooo - does anyone know if the E6 will be getting a Disney+ app available for it for UK rollout in March? Ta

SeeMoreDigital

Hi there, planning to purchase a stabilizer for my LG 65E6T. Please suggest the one of best. I have searched and found these two models. I need your suggestions.

SeeMoreDigital

Hi there, planning to purchase a stabilizer for my LG 65E6T. Please suggest the one of best. I have searched and found these two models. I need your suggestions.
Before you go down this road you need to calculate the power consumption (in watts) of your model of television along with any other devices that will be connected to the stabiliser.

Before you go down this road you need to calculate the power consumption (in watts) of your model of television along with any other devices that will be connected to the stabiliser.
I think all the 65 inch OLEDs consume near about same power depending on the format of the content played such as 3D or HDR/DV will consume a little more power than regular SDR or Full-HD content.
I am not sure about how much power E6 consumes but those v-guard stabilizers designed for upto 70 inches TV can handle upto 1400W.

-Spike-

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting Apple TV 4k for my E6 and wondered if anyone has it and could recommend it?
I'd connect through my Denon x2500 which has 4K passthrough for better audio. Also wondering if the apps are updated more regularly than they are on the E6?

Thanks for any feedback.

Sneak

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting Apple TV 4k for my E6 and wondered if anyone has it and could recommend it?
I'd connect through my Denon x2500 which has 4K passthrough for better audio. Also wondering if the apps are updated more regularly than they are on the E6?

Thanks for any feedback.
I would recommend the Apple TV 4K to anyone - one of the best things I have purchased over recent years. I have one for my E6 and my XF9005. I don't have a receiver only sound bars so cannot comment on that. Obviously there is a lot more choice of apps through the ATV 4K. Set up a US account as well as the UK and you are laughing.

-Spike-

Thank you Sneak. Appreciate your reply :thumbsup:

maxh

I would recommend the Apple TV 4K to anyone - one of the best things I have purchased over recent years. I have one for my E6 and my XF9005. I don't have a receiver only sound bars so cannot comment on that. Obviously there is a lot more choice of apps through the ATV 4K. Set up a US account as well as the UK and you are laughing.
+1

aandpwoodley

Humour me, I’ve always had my E6 connected to the intervener via Ethernet, I can’t check as my room is being completed gutted.

The E6 has WiFi as well ?

Thanks

JunoFirst

My 55E6 just got the 05.30.80 update. Does anyone know what this is all about.
It's nice to see LG still supporting this TV after so many years.