LG E6 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
That is just total BS !
Again these call handlers at LG ain't got a bloody clue what to tell people 99% of the time , and this is after I boll*cked them a few weeks ago about different staff telling different stories to people when asked.
Along with other members here we got told different tales by random call handlers , just fed up to the teeth with all this and yes I AM FLAPPING LOL !
Just sh*t service it really is as they ain't a bloody clue.
They will be having both barrels on Monday morning for sure !

astirling

That is just total BS !
Again these call handlers at LG ain't got a bloody clue what to tell people 99% of the time , and this is after I boll*cked them a few weeks ago about different staff telling different stories to people when asked.
Along with other members here we got told different tales by random call handlers , just fed up to the teeth with all this and yes I AM FLAPPING LOL !
Just sh*t service it really is as they ain't a bloody clue.
They will be having both barrels on Monday morning for sure !

But you’ll just end up ranting at another poor call handler who hasn’t been given the necessary info to know what you’re talking about. Just seems like a frustrating exercise for all involved!

jmac

Distinguished Member
But you’ll just end up ranting at another poor call handler who hasn’t been given the necessary info to know what you’re talking about. Just seems like a frustrating exercise for all involved!
exactly this :D:lesson:

AcademicBarzo

exactly this :D:lesson:

Yep. Not going to panic on the basis of some unsubstantiated comment on a US forum. I consider my time too precious to waste it talking to a customer service line who do not have the subject knowledge to assist. I will wait and see, and, if an update to fix the DV issues is not going to be forthcoming for the 2016 models, then and only then will I take appropriate action, including, if necessary, legal action to try and get an appropriate remedy (whatever that might be).

I will say that if LG do not issue a fix for my E6 on this issue, then my time with LG as a supplier of products is at an end. I suspect the PR damage alone that the brand would do to itself means that a fix will be forthcoming - LG no longer have the market to themselves and such a move will play into the hands of willing competitors.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Yep. Not going to panic on the basis of some unsubstantiated comment on a US forum. I consider my time too precious to waste it talking to a customer service line who do not have the subject knowledge to assist. I will wait and see, and, if an update to fix the DV issues is not going to be forthcoming for the 2016 models, then and only then will I take appropriate action, including, if necessary, legal action to try and get an appropriate remedy (whatever that might be).

I will say that if LG do not issue a fix for my E6 on this issue, then my time with LG as a supplier of products is at an end. I suspect the PR damage alone that the brand would do to itself means that a fix will be forthcoming - LG no longer have the market to themselves and such a move will play into the hands of willing competitors.

You say you're not going to panic but then say you may seek legal action? Against LG? :D

People need to go back and read the articles where LG said the update WILL come to 2016 sets, and stop listening to drivel spread by 256k.

Trust me pal, you will get it. Its not a feature you dont have but want, its a feature you have but doesnt work correctly, it will be fixed.

AcademicBarzo

You say you're not going to panic but then say you may seek legal action? Against LG? :D

People need to go back and read the articles where LG said the update WILL come to 2016 sets, and stop listening to drivel spread by 256k.

Trust me pal, you will get it. Its not a feature you dont have but want, its a feature you have but doesnt work correctly, it will be fixed.

Sorry, but I would have thought that saying I will wait and see, and if they do not issue a fix would take appropriate action were enough to demonstrate that I am not overreacting here. Ditto that I don't trust a single post on a forum. However, there is no certainty unless and until a firmware lands for the 2016 TVs. I have faith in LG on this one (I've said it earlier in this thread, where I postulated that if it even required a hardware fix they would likely do it), and, as I said above, I think it would be a bad commercial move in the current climate not to fix this.

The wait continues.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Sorry, but I would have thought that saying I will wait and see, and if they do not issue a fix would take appropriate action were enough to demonstrate that I am not overreacting here. Ditto that I don't trust a single post on a forum. However, there is no certainty unless and until a firmware lands for the 2016 TVs. I have faith in LG on this one (I've said it earlier in this thread, where I postulated that if it even required a hardware fix they would likely do it), and, as I said above, I think it would be a bad commercial move in the current climate not to fix this.

The wait continues.

Just having a laugh mate, Ive seen your earlier posts :D

It was more aimed at others who seem to listen to people like 256k and grab their pitchforks. :rolleyes:

Edit for evidence LG have said a fix is coming.
Screenshot_20180218-103311.jpg

google

Distinguished Member
I think there's more likelihood of getting the DV fix firmware than there was of getting the HLG/HDR firmware. We got the HLG/HDR firmware.

Will Scarlet

I think there's more likelihood of getting the DV fix firmware than there was of getting the HLG/HDR firmware. We got the HLG/HDR firmware.
I am confident LG will make good on their promise to issue a firmware update to address the DV issue. An issue, I might add, not of their making.
IMHO LG's support for their 2016 OLEDs has been second to none, and if I were to choose another manufacturer for my next OLED purchase it certainly wouldn't be on the basis of lack of product support from LG.[emoji106]

Last edited:

StumpyBloke

I am confident LG will make good on their promise to issue a firmware update to address the DV issue. An issue, I might add, not of their making.
IMHO LG's support for their 2016 OLEDs has been second to none, and if I were to choose another manufacturer for my next OLED purchase it certainly wouldn't be on the basis of lack of product support from LG.[emoji106]

Exactly! People just need to chill and wait to see what happens.[emoji106]

jonspurs

I have a 65".

I have played a film in my library via youtube and I cannot see any lip sink issues.

Don't have a Netflix account set-up so I cannot test that

Ah ok...the 65's don't have an issue, mainly 55's...thanks for your reply though :)

shadow85

Ok so it seems the latest nvidia drivers allow HDR to work correctly, FINALLY!

I am playing on an LG OLED TV, and I have 2 situations with HDR:

1. If I use 422 10bit in Windows, it seems HDR is working but it looks slightly washed out.

2. If I use RGB 8bit Full in Windows, it still seems HDR is working and the color/contrast looks better and more vivid! But there is banding across dark areas to a point where shadows can look black. I tried to set Black Level to High, but then it looks a lil washed out again.

I know HDR requires atleast 10bits but for some reason RGB 8bit still enables HDR in MEA and actually looks better but with dark banding on shadows.

Can anyone comment on what they are using and what settings I should be on, thanks.

joker18

HDR shouldn't work with RGB 8 bits. Do you see HDR appearing in the corner of your TV?
Unless you use the latest Nvidia driver HDR will not activate properly in MEA and you will have a washed out image.

mailshot

Novice Member
Hi guys, just picked up a 55e6v and upgrading my system at the same time so looking at new hdmi cables etc. Looking at the hdmi sockets on the side, does anyone have issues with these when wall mounting? Do you need adaptors/special cables or can the cables be easily kept out of sight? Done a quick look through the thread but it’s a long one!

Hi, you said you've just picked up a 55e6v.

Can you tell me where from?, as im looking for one, but no shop seems to sell this now.

Jong1

Hi guys, just picked up a 55e6v and upgrading my system at the same time so looking at new hdmi cables etc. Looking at the hdmi sockets on the side, does anyone have issues with these when wall mounting? Do you need adaptors/special cables or can the cables be easily kept out of sight? Done a quick look through the thread but it’s a long one!
I've the 65E6, but I'd say there is no real problem with the HDMI sockets and wall mounting. All but the stiffest cables should be able to bend to go behind the set without you being able to see them and thick cables aren't used that much with 4K - for longer cables, where in the past you may have used chunky cable, now you used hybrid fiber, which is pretty flexible.

I'd also be wary of adapters, even simple angle converters, a lot struggle to pass higher bitrate HDMi 2.0 signals perfectly, or even at all! If you want to try one make sure you have a good returns policy!

StumpyBloke

Chaps. Any idea what I could expect to get for my 65E6 with around 5 years Richer Sounds warranty left *IF* I was to sell it? Ta.

jmac

Distinguished Member
Chaps. Any idea what I could expect to get for my 65E6 with around 5 years Richer Sounds warranty left *IF* I was to sell it? Ta.
Any bands / vignetting / tints?

StumpyBloke

Any bands / vignetting / tints?

No tints that I’m aware of. Minimal banding (went through 3 to get a decent one for a 65). And a bit of vignetting on the RHS (only in certain darknesses though which I assume is normal?). No dead or stuck pixels either. And is in superb, if not pristine, condition. Comes with box too.

Gareth Flynn

Standard Member
I'm on firmware v 05.30.10. On the built in Netflix app, Mindhunter (for example) plays in Dolby Vision but Black Mirror (specifically San Junipero, which I'm watching now, but others also) doesn't. Anyone had this? (It's picking up the 4K stream without problems).

astirling

I'm on firmware v 05.30.10. On the built in Netflix app, Mindhunter (for example) plays in Dolby Vision but Black Mirror (specifically San Junipero, which I'm watching now, but others also) doesn't. Anyone had this? (It's picking up the 4K stream without problems).

My understanding is that black mirror is 50hz. Our tv’s only support Dolby Vision up to 30hz so my guess is that it’s using HDR for that reason.

dracthelad

Hi, you said you've just picked up a 55e6v.

Can you tell me where from?, as im looking for one, but no shop seems to sell this now.

Sorry, picked it up before Christmas 2nd hand, but it’s been in the box pretty much since as I’ve been away or ill! Bought it from these here forums!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon launches DHT-S517 Dolby Atmos soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett