LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is Deon and Mensy either side of Wezzy.

zJhax.jpg

E6 so last year, Roll on the Sony :cool:

Ha jokes aside i loved the E6 shame about the uniformity of the 65s i got im gonna miss the breathtaking 3D :( hoping the 1st Sony i get is a keeper

Also lovely start to thread 6 with uniformity issues :facepalm:

IMG_1144.JPG

This was my c6 , come back all's forgiven lol

Yeah you need a pitch black room, here's my 5 percent ire in a dark room

Thanks. Just looked at mine in the dark. I really can't believe it but I see nothing at all in any percentage. I expected to see banding like lots of pictures on here. Maybe it's just my eyes but they all look perfect. No vignetting or anything.

Obvious question, why'd you bin the C6?
That blotch looks more like a compression result. Unless it's still got it's sticky film on it ;)

That's a question I'm now asking myself lol . It has major hand shake issue with anything 4K .
The e6 and c6 are said to be the same under the hood but from my experience there are different.
The e6 has had one HDCP error in two weeks the c6 would have 6 in a day .
But the c6 5ire was very clean and much better than any e6 pics I have seen .

It's the way the camera auto compensates for the lack of light (exposure).

Thanks. Just looked at mine in the dark. I really can't believe it but I see nothing at all in any percentage. I expected to see banding like lots of pictures on here. Maybe it's just my eyes but they all look perfect. No vignetting or anything.

Then stop looking for problems that are'nt there - just sit back and enjoy :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

Thought Id chime in. I came from a Kuro 5090 and Im just blown away by my new 65E6. Ive only had it since Monday and I literally cant wait to turn the TV on every day! My thoughts so far:

Positive:
Depth/Colour/Detail/Smart Options. Looks gorgeous. Would be worth every penny of the £3k I paid for it but the fact even the wife can see how good it is just takes the biscuit!

Neg:
Lip sync (comes and goes) in Smart Apps, Only one tuner (WTF? Really????), IP control only on US sets (again, wtf? Do us Brits not have HA systems then?), Not enough 4k content...yet!

The lip sync is annoying (I 'hope' it will get fixed) and the rest I just dont get. I added an HDD to take advantage of Freeview Play to discover I can record only one channel. Thats a real disappointment as it means having to run a youview box too. Really should have two tuners (any chance of retro-fitting tuners from E7?). The lack of control is annoying though I do think webos3 and the smart remote is great. Personally I see no point, at all, in the second remote....shouldve given us two tuners instead.

Otherwise its just perfect in every way. Ive read a lot over the last year (of waiting) about Motion Blur etc....I just dont see it. Sure, SD programming suffers but HD DVBT2, BluRay and Streaming all seems easily as good as the Kuro for motion. I certainly dont 'see' anything that makes me notice it (not yet anyway). I watched Sense8 on Netflix UHD and, even my wife said, 'its like looking through a window.' Its stunning. I cannot wait for a DV enabled Oppo 203, a new DV amp and some DV UHD 4k DId discs. If it can look this good on, no doubt compressed, streamed stuff I just cant wait to see what the likes of Sully and Passengers will look like!

Ive not actually tried any slides (I almost dont want to) and I can see no picture defects at all (not 'trained' but have 20/20); no vignetting, no dse, no bands...nothing perceptible so far on screen at all. Some contouring in, I assume, SD content but thats it.

I said of a car I bought recently that 'its the best Ive ever owned'....this is the best tv....ever, full stop. The only thing that will now make it better is to solve the Lip sync and give us that HLG promised update. Amazing TV. If the E7 had had 3D I would have waited but the 3D is too good to miss. I hope that LG just keep their promise on HLG as I want to keep this TV until it dies...I cant ever see me getting bored of that picture. I also cant say Ive ever thought that the picture is lacking in nits either! Oled over Qled any day. I walked around Currys the other day and every other tv just looks washed out by comparison. Simply no contest imho.

So, the question now is, is it really even worth ISFing? Will I truly see that much of a difference? Got Phil/Steves ISF Bright/Dark settings atm and they look great. Would spending more money make any real world difference or should I just put it towards my new amp/uhd spinner?

We're so lucky to have these tvs and Im just glad to be part of the club!!

Dave;)

I'm currently waiting for my replacement E6, since the first one had severe vignetting. It's taking them 2 weeks to get it here, and I am just so worried about getting another crappy panel with problems, be it dead pixels, severe vignetting, banding issues or misaligned polarization filter!

Hard to not be a little discouraged!

@dw89 interesting read. Doesn't the E6 have satellite tuner plus the terrestrial? So why only say it has one, or, is it that you can only record from one whilst watching another?
The lip-sync issue, is it with the media player too, i.e. pc to tv files?
Cheers.

well gonna enjoy my first 3d film on my e6 tonight.hope its as impressive as the 960 was. Guardians of the galaxy getting ready for number 2 next week at cinema.Incase anyone is interested the gotg2 2 limited edition 3d steelbook is on pre order at zavvi only 24.99.

Quick question. I know there's a plastic film on the back of the screen but is there one on the front as well ?

Hi Guys,

Thought Id chime in. I came from a Kuro 5090 and Im just blown away by my new 65E6. Ive only had it since Monday and I literally cant wait to turn the TV on every day! My thoughts so far:

Positive:
Depth/Colour/Detail/Smart Options. Looks gorgeous. Would be worth every penny of the £3k I paid for it but the fact even the wife can see how good it is just takes the biscuit!

Neg:
Lip sync (comes and goes) in Smart Apps, Only one tuner (what the fudge? Really????), IP control only on US sets (again, what the fudge? Do us Brits not have HA systems then?), Not enough 4k content...yet!

The lip sync is annoying (I 'hope' it will get fixed) and the rest I just dont get. I added an HDD to take advantage of Freeview Play to discover I can record only one channel. Thats a real disappointment as it means having to run a youview box too. Really should have two tuners (any chance of retro-fitting tuners from E7?). The lack of control is annoying though I do think webos3 and the smart remote is great. Personally I see no point, at all, in the second remote....shouldve given us two tuners instead.

Otherwise its just perfect in every way. Ive read a lot over the last year (of waiting) about Motion Blur etc....I just dont see it. Sure, SD programming suffers but HD DVBT2, BluRay and Streaming all seems easily as good as the Kuro for motion. I certainly dont 'see' anything that makes me notice it (not yet anyway). I watched Sense8 on Netflix UHD and, even my wife said, 'its like looking through a window.' Its stunning. I cannot wait for a DV enabled Oppo 203, a new DV amp and some DV UHD 4k DId discs. If it can look this good on, no doubt compressed, streamed stuff I just cant wait to see what the likes of Sully and Passengers will look like!

Ive not actually tried any slides (I almost dont want to) and I can see no picture defects at all (not 'trained' but have 20/20); no vignetting, no dse, no bands...nothing perceptible so far on screen at all. Some contouring in, I assume, SD content but thats it.

I said of a car I bought recently that 'its the best Ive ever owned'....this is the best tv....ever, full stop. The only thing that will now make it better is to solve the Lip sync and give us that HLG promised update. Amazing TV. If the E7 had had 3D I would have waited but the 3D is too good to miss. I hope that LG just keep their promise on HLG as I want to keep this TV until it dies...I cant ever see me getting bored of that picture. I also cant say Ive ever thought that the picture is lacking in nits either! Oled over Qled any day. I walked around Currys the other day and every other tv just looks washed out by comparison. Simply no contest imho.

So, the question now is, is it really even worth ISFing? Will I truly see that much of a difference? Got Phil/Steves ISF Bright/Dark settings atm and they look great. Would spending more money make any real world difference or should I just put it towards my new amp/uhd spinner?

We're so lucky to have these tvs and Im just glad to be part of the club!!

Dave;)

I think its worth getting the TV calibrated to get the absolute best out of it. I found it an interesting process and there is a clear improvement. It also stops me messing with the setting myself, which i used to spend far too much time doing.

You will get separate calibrations for Gaming, bluray, Sky etc. I found the calibration to be great at getting the most accuracy in skin tones, whilst still getting vibrant reds where they should be.

Some people might look at a calibrated set and see it as a bit dark, but it should be calibrated to your requirements. Its the colours that you want to be accurate, the overall brightness can still be so you are happy. The calibration took nearly 8 hours and cost around £300

I'd like to get mine calibrated but the cost has currently prohibited me but I do plan to in the future. I want to see how different my eyes are to the equipment. I'm really pleased with the settings I've tweaked and used so far.

I also watched John Wick last night in 4k looked great.

I really need to get the Oppo 203 anyone have one that can convince my wife to let me part with more cash on tech! I've even started to buy discs little bit premature but love it.

I'd like to get mine calibrated but the cost has currently prohibited me but I do plan to in the future. I want to see how different my eyes are to the equipment. I'm really pleased with the settings I've tweaked and used so far.

I also watched John Wick last night in 4k looked great.

I really need to get the Oppo 203 anyone have one that can convince my wife to let me part with more cash on tech! I've even started to buy discs little bit premature but love it.

I've heard the Panasonic player is better and the ub700 should have the same PQ as the ub900, get that and save some money. :)

I've heard the Panasonic player is better and the ub700 should have the same PQ as the ub900, get that and save some money. :)
Where did you hear that all reviews pointed to the ub900 having same PQ as the Oppo but the Oppo is musically better.

Could the sun shining on the back off the E6 damage it in any way?
I removed the packing film on the back so I presume it's now more reflective.
Can close the blinds a little to avoid this when its sunny but not really ideal. thx

16asd2w.jpg

Could the sun shining on the back off the E6 damage it in any way?
I removed the packing film on the back so I presume it's now more reflective.
Can close the blinds a little to avoid this when its sunny but not really ideal. thx

16asd2w.jpg
I'd be more worried about the cables eating it!

I'd be more worried about the cables eating it!
Ha yeah sooo many cables. They're all needed though, well apart from 2 optical cables as just using optical out from TV as its lip sync is always spot on :D
Was worried about the heat or light from sun shafts hitting the back of the panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom