Quantcast

LG E6 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

encaser

@walters123 you've had 5 sets from the same store, I'm assuming they're great on returns?
Any other plasma to E6'ers like to comment please on the motion or any other differences likes/dislikes? Thanks.

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
@walters123 you've had 5 sets from the same store, I'm assuming they're great on returns?
Any other plasma to E6'ers like to comment please on the motion or any other differences likes/dislikes? Thanks.
I came from a long line of plasmas ,ending with a ZT65,and have no motion issues with my 55"E6 at all with everything turned off

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
I've had 3 pioneer kuro's, a 5080,a lx5090 and a krp500, also had a Panasonic zt65 and still own a Panasonic vt65, and the e6 is a massive leap ahead in terms of picture quality in my opinion, the plasmas just pip oleds on motion, but being sample and hold with instant pixel response the oleds are perfectly fine on motion

walters123

No I had 3 from rgb direct all October build but was having connection issues with sky q and PS4 pro. So got a refund and purchased from John Lewis however when the driver delivered they dropped it out of the truck. Kept it for a few days and noticed how much better the picture quality was my kids and misses also pointed this out. New one again today from John Lewis and again march build.

Spylex

Standard Member
Is there a 'starter guide' for what to first do with an LG OLED? I just joined the 55" E6 club, i got those slides and they look fine to me. Motion is not great and I have some lipsync issues. But loving the set otherwise...

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Can someone please link me to the slides download. The ones in the old threads arent there to download any more. Thanks

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
Me, me, me, me, me, me!:rotfl:

I had a Kuro KRP-500A, then Panasonic 55VT65B. I love my E6, love it I tell thee!

Seriously though; motion perception is so utterly subjective. I hated the double edging on the VT65, and the response time of OLED makes judder more apparent, but my word it's worth it for everything else that's brought to the table.

I keep reading posts about how sh*t TruMotion is, but I use it sparingly (De-Blur = 10, De-Judder=0 for Blu-Ray and off for almost everything else) and have no noteworthy problems.

Parry

Distinguished Member
My new replacement e6 after one cycle.

IMG_0182.JPG

Hope that blob on the left disappears after the next cycle or two or I will be having another ticket for panel lottery .

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Can someone please link me to the slides download. The ones in the old threads arent there to download any more. Thanks
You don't need a link, goto advanced settings on one of the isf picture presets, white balance, 20 point, set pattern to inner and change the ire from 5 to 100

tigermad

Distinguished Member
You don't need a link, goto advanced settings on one of the isf picture presets, white balance, 20 point, set pattern to inner and change the ire from 5 to 100
Thanks. Saw one of your older posts and just tried that but obviously need to get a darker room because I see no banding at all. Will look again later.

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Thanks. Saw one of your older posts and just tried that but obviously need to get a darker room because I see no banding at all. Will look again later.
Yeah you need a pitch black room, here's my 5 percent ire in a dark room

Parry

Distinguished Member
That blob don't look great pal
Tell me about it , I do remember seeing pictures posted like it over the last two year but can't remember if it cleared or they had the set replaced .
It will have another 2 cycles tonight and if it's not gone in the morning it's going back , I have a returns number and another set reserved just in case .

Last edited:

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Tell me about it , I do remember seeing pictures posted like it over the last two year but can't remember if it cleared or they had the set replaced .
I think it got replaced going from memory, I wouldn't be happy with that, surprised it passed quality control that one

NM2160

It will have another 2 cycles tonight and if it's not gone in the morning it's going back , I have a returns number and another set reserved just in case .
The 5% slide in your previous post does look bad :(.

In addition to the 2 auto compensation cycles your planning to do later I think it's definitely worth doing a manual 1 hour cycle as well.

There was a guy who posted a few days ago who had a blob like yours which went away after running the 1 hour manual cycle that I suggested to him.

He posted that it cleared the issue & even sent me a PM thanking me for my help.

Parry

Distinguished Member
The 5% slide in your previous post does look bad :(.

In addition to the 2 auto compensation cycles your planning to do later I think it's definitely worth doing a manual 1 hour cycle as well.

There was a guy who posted a few days ago who had a blob like yours which went away after running the 1 hour manual cycle that I suggested to him.

He posted that it cleared the issue & even sent me a PM thanking me for my help.
It's half way through an hour cycle now , I think it will clear

NM2160

Sharpy76

Distinguished Member
Getting slightly nervous now about this panel lottery lark!

Didn't realise you could do slides directly from the tv's menu.

Must. Resist.:facepalm:

Parry

Distinguished Member
Well after one 7 min cycle and an hour cycle it's safe to say the only place this patch is going is back to store
IMG_0184.JPG

Last edited:

The Limey

Well after one 7 min cycle and an hour cycle it's safe to say the only place this patch is going is back to store
Absolutely a return to store. That is completely unacceptable - were QC on a break?