LG E6 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the pj over the telly anyway with 4k..tgts without HDR or WCG. The sooner I get to sort out my new room the better :(

When I get a chance, I'll be looking at digging some older 3d discs out and maybe buying some older catalogue titles. Going to watch the full film (Dr Strange) tonight I think!
On a work night ?!?!
You deviant, you :laugh:

Quick question - can this telly extract/display a 2d pic from a 3d disc/feed?

Well my tv must have just hit the 2000hrs mark because when I have just switched it off it popped up saying it was going to do a clear panel noise it never done that before, had it happened to anyone else?

Might in the Might Get a E6 to have as a bedroom tv if theres any 65" left in the summert time. :suicide: Of the price. Not completly decided yet.

Well my tv must have just hit the 2000hrs mark because when I have just switched it off it popped up saying it was going to do a clear panel noise it never done that before, had it happened to anyone else?

It does 1 every 2000 hrs. Seen it in the service menu.

Using 3D to run them in has a positive effect on vignetting :cool: lill tip
Try Watching a 3D movie and check with sliders after.

I got my TV yesterday and have just mounted it on my wall but have mixed feelings about it....

Youtube 4K material looks absolutely stunning and the only game i have tried - Uncharted 4 in HDR looks amazing but Freesat looks quite muddy looking, my favourite channel NHK World looked pristine on my Samsung but not good looking at all on this set. Also my Bluray and Dvd rips on my HD playing through Kodi don't look that great either.

Picture just doesn't look as clean and sharp as it did on my Samsung watching Freesat and my collection of movie rips.

But Youtube 4K and games looks amazing.

Thinking i should have went for another Samsung.

I am using the recommended AVforums setting on this TV at the moment.

Hdr channel looks really good on you tube :smashin: calibrated settings on you tube hdr and Amazon prime hdr is the same.the app uses the same settings.

Just watched Avatar again there, changed the setting to HDR effect and Trumotion to smooth and was totally blown away with the picture quality.

I am near blind in one eye and only have mono vision, i can't see 3D and don't have any depth perception but that Avatar movie was pure WOW for me....never seen a picture as good looking!

But there was a wee bit of motion Judder -if that's the correct term that i would like to get rid off.

Anybody messed abot with the Trumotion user settings to get a smoother picture? or maybe it's Kodi that's causing the problem?

Cheers.

Hdr channel looks really good on you tube :smashin: calibrated settings on you tube hdr and Amazon prime hdr is the same.the app uses the same settings.

What are you watching YouTube HDR content through? NVIDIA Shield?

App on the tv.
If I'm not mistaken the app doesn't do HDR. You should see the TV switch modes if it's working. I use a Chromecast Ultra for this.

If I'm not mistaken the app doesn't do HDR. You should see the TV switch modes if it's working. I use a Chromecast Ultra for this.

He's got a G6.

PLANET EARTH II UHD ..... Dispatched now this should look a million dollars on the E6 .... can't wait for this little sweetheart to drop on the mat.

I had my TV calibrated yesterday by Steve Kemp at display and sound calibration, very happy with the results. Mine was a very good set in terms of panel apparently which was nice to hear, I never bothered with slides as I never saw any issues through regular content but it is still nice to know.

Despite what some people think about the accuracy of these sets, mine was pushing out a lot of green and my room decor (I have a brick wall very close to one edge of the screen) was interfering quite a bit with the picture giving an overall red hue to the image post cal, which needed custom tweaking to resolve. I also had a source that needed its own presets creating, poor Steve was here almost 8 hours.

Overall results are really impressive, more detail in the blacks and a much brighter image than I was achieving using the suggested settings here. The colours look much better, more natural and I can see a much greater variance too, as well as proper neutral greys.

I know some people poo poo calibration, its your choice of course, but if you don't get it done you will never know what this TV is really capable of. I certainly recommend it. :smashin:

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a 55e6v, I have found it for £2048 including the free sky Q offer and 5 year warranty. I know the 2017 models are due soon but is that likely to reduce the price on this model any further? The new model will be beyond my budget so should I buy now or wait?
Thanks

PLANET EARTH II UHD ..... Dispatched now this should look a million dollars on the E6 .... can't wait for this little sweetheart to drop on the mat.

Where did you order from mate? My zoom order is still showing 'order placed'

I got a Amazon.uk order o_O

Hi,

On this TV i feel that motion on all pictures/movies i have watched are not as smooth as it should be, apart from Youtube 4K.

I have watched my own collection of ripped movies, Netflix 4K and Amazon 4K Hdr and there is always a bit of judder, it is worse when Trumotion is switched to off. I have Trumotion set to smooth but still notice a bit of judder here and there.

Anybody got any settings that may help with this?

Cheers.

Hi
What are the best connnections between my equipment to give best audio and video
LG 55E6V
Denon AVR3312
Oppo 203
Nvidia Shield

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a 55e6v, I have found it for £2048 including the free sky Q offer and 5 year warranty. I know the 2017 models are due soon but is that likely to reduce the price on this model any further? The new model will be beyond my budget so should I buy now or wait?
Thanks

Thats a great price and I personally do not think the 55 E6 will drop below £2,000.00.

I paid £2230.00 last December and have zero regrets its an awesome TV and gaming is sublime.

Just go for it now.. :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom