LG DVD player Problem!!

geo99

Hi All,

I have a LG DVD player DNX190H DivX - HDMI and when i play some DVD's the sound is distorted. I'm connecting via the HDMI cable.

Some DVD's play great while the odd one is terrible.

I thought it might be the cable or maybe the firmware needs updating.

Any ideas?????????????

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

I have a LG DVD player DNX190H DivX - HDMI and when i play some DVD's the sound is distorted. I'm connecting via the HDMI cable.

Some DVD's play great while the odd one is terrible.

I thought it might be the cable or maybe the firmware needs updating.

Any ideas?????????????

Try to identify a pattern for the "terrible" ones. Are they ones with a DTS soundtrack, a stereo only soundtrack (as opposed to DD5.1), a foreign language soundtrack, an alternative (i.e. Directors Commentary) soundtrack?

Try selecting an alternative soundtrack if one exists, and see whether that also sounds terrible. For example, if by default you listen in DD5.1, try listening with the DTS or stereo soundtrack selected instead.

Or try playing the terrible ones on another DVD player or recorder, and see whether they sound bad on the other players as well. Could just be a batch of poor discs. Try connecting the DVD player to your TV via scart rather than HDMI, and see whether the sound is still terrible. Or connect your DVD player to an amp using optical or coaxial audio out, and do the same tests.

geo99

Thnaks for that mate.

I should've mentioned more about the sound - its a high pitched cracking sound! no voice or music plays at all.

I've tried the same films on cheaper players and they play fine.

i'll try it again throught the scart and see how that goes!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom