LG DVD-3350E DVD Player Questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bradavon, Dec 27, 2000.

1. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to buy an LG DVD-3350E DVD Player in the new year (when Techtronics have disabled the Macrovision, which they assure me they have) and I have a few questions which I wouldn't mind be answered -

1) Does the LG 3350 have any problems with Seamless Branching discs (e.g - T2 and Abyss)?

2) Does it have any problems with Lip Syncing discs (e.g - Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels)?

3) Has anybody had any problems playing any discs (no matter how big or small)?

4) Has anybody got any complaints about the player (no matter how big or small)?

Thank You

p.s - Happy New Year

2. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lip synch problem on Lock,Stock is a disc problem, not a player problem.Its bad at the start of the film and not so bad later on (i don't think any player will play the disc with perfect lip synch)
    I own the LG3200 and have had no problems with any discs including seamless branching (ID4 and The Abyss);Matrix R1;Gladiator R2 disc 2
    So the 3350 (next model up in LG's range)should be good too.
    I think the LG players are highly underated.This is simply because they have to be modded for multiregion (which of course costs extra)instead of having a hack(which is free).

3. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent news about the discs playing. I would agree about them being understated. Just because a lot of people haven't heard of them doesn't meen they aren't very good.

I am happier to have it chipped as it is more secure anyway.

4. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one on order from Techtronics at the moment and was thinking of posting almost the exact same questions! Especially the Abyss seamless branching issue, my LG2330P cant cope at all, neither will it access any of the menus for Apocalypse Now or The Tigger Movie - problems I am hoping will be sorted by the 3350. I have heard excellent things about this player and cant wait to get my hands on it (hopefully) sometime this week.

Its been on order since 26/12/00 (xmas pressie to myself [​IMG]) but the order wont be processed until today so it may take a while yet. [​IMG]

As soon as I get it I will demo The Abyss and post back here with the results (although I have been reliably informed that it works fine). All that and MP3 playback too! [​IMG]

Jay

------------------
    "What the fudge - if ya cant say it, ya can't do it..."

5. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is Macrovision disabled from them as well now (for only £20 more). I am buying one asap.

6. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bradavon

My LG 3350E arrived yesterday and its a fantastic player.

It plays Abyss SE perfectly, and my problems with menus are a thing of the past, the picture is a little on the dark side after the 2330P but I think this has more to do with RGB output than anything else. MP3 playback is fantastic, even if the menu system is a bit awkward.

Overall though, 9/10 - would recommend to anyone. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Jay2000 (edited 06-01-2001).]