1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG DU-42PX12X or TH-42PWD7UY

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by howey1212, Mar 23, 2005.

1. howey1212

howey1212

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive been looking at these 2 models and cant decide which to get. they are both in different stores and i cant see them side by side. what do you guys think i should get? LG DU-42PX12X or TH-42PWD7UY. i would perfer all the extra connections on the LG but my main concern is picture quality. i know the LG has a higher resolution but i will mainly be watching digital cable, dish network, and dvd's. i also have been reading that there is only a few hd channels and i might be better off with the lower res and i should save the money and get the panny. im so lost. i just dont want to come home and be unhappy because only a few channels have hd and the rest dont look so great. HELP

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    We assume you are not UK based then? Knowing the format of your broadcasts would be really helpful, but broadly speaking the Panasonic and LG are not in the same quality league in the most general terms, before we get as far as picture. Think on that as well. When things go wrong who are you gonna call?

3. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ghostbusters :D

4. howey1212

howey1212

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what ya takin bout? which is better? i have about 10 channels that will come in hd the rest will be standard def via svhs from my fta box. which r u sying is better?