LG DRT389H Black Digital DVD Recorder advice

Ruud00

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello i brought myself a LG DRT389H DVD Recorder however when i timer record a programme using a guide, Then after recording has finished and bring up the menu to see whats on the disc the titles for the recorded program is for the programme after what i recorded.

example:
timer set to record Neighbours
After Neighbours Doctor Doctor

go to disc menu and neighbours is named as Doctor Doctor.

i hope you guys understand me.

set the TIMER to Auto and turn on again
or
Manual and re-set the 'correct' time...

sounds like you're still set up on BST ( british summer time)

Hello i brought myself a LG DRT389H DVD Recorder however when i timer record a programme using a guide, Then after recording has finished and bring up the menu to see whats on the disc the titles for the recorded program is for the programme after what i recorded.

example:

set the TIMER to Auto and turn on again
or
Manual and re-set the 'correct' time...

sounds like you're still set up on BST ( british summer time)

well on the front of the unit the correct time is present

...put it back another hour (manual) and re-try !

if i do that then the clock is wrong on the unit.
Do you have this model?
The correct time comes through the aerial so i cant see why i need to correct it

Is there any where in menus that you can check that the correct area code [ GB] is input? [ The manual is no help here ]

Also you could try resetting the unit by holding the power button for five seconds.

Is there any where in menus that you can check that the correct area code [ GB] is input? [ The manual is no help here ]

Also you could try resetting the unit by holding the power button for five seconds.

there is only an english option.
can somebody who has this unit please comment.
i have something timed for 1:45 today so we wil see what title the unit gives it after recording

...I've got an LG DRT399H (amongst others) same as yours only a bigger (320g) HDD.

1.Go to MENU
2.SETUP
3.CLOCK SET

CHOOSE either AUTO or MANUAL
suggest - go to MANUAL and put in correct DATE/TIME

EXIT

.....If no good - go to INITIALIZE in the menu and it will reset to factory defaults ...... then try SETUP again

there is only an english option.
can somebody who has this unit please comment.
i have something timed for 1:45 today so we wil see what title the unit gives it after recording

ive uploaded some picture so you guys can understand whats happening. And ive gone to the clock settings and its all the correct time and date.

as you can see from the pictures top left is a timer record of home and away and yet its named the title for the program AFTER. where it says ITV news is suppose to be DOI.

So to recap its labeling them when the timer stops so i reckon it records abit of the program after.

I hope you understand now guys
Thanks for your help

..I take it that it 'IS' actually recording the program you want but just renaming it wrongly ? Is that correct ??

...try timer recording from another channel (BBC1 or BBC2
!!!)

ive uploaded some picture so you guys can understand whats happening. And ive gone to the clock settings and its all the correct time and date.

as you can see from the pictures top left is a timer record of home and away and yet its named the title for the program AFTER. where it says ITV news is suppose to be DOI.

So to recap its labeling them when the timer stops so i reckon it records abit of the program after.

I hope you understand now guys
Thanks for your help

..I take it that it 'IS' actually recording the program you want but just renaming it wrongly ? Is that correct ??

...try timer recording from another channel (BBC1 or BBC2
!!!)

yea the recording is there but its being named for the programme after.
ill try a timer on a different channel and post back.

yea the recording is there but its being named for the programme after.
ill try a timer on a different channel and post back.

...if it's stuff you want to keep permanently then it's easy to RE-NAME the title using the inbuilt keyboard utility.....

If you're only temporarily saving a few soaps to a DVD-RW and erasing for re-use then I wouldn't worry too much... Annoying I know but at least you're getting the correct programs recorded...

i think i know whats happening , When the programme that im recording finishes before its end time the unit carrys on recording the programme after and for some reason names the recording at the stop mark , which would be the programme after.

advid are you saying you dont have this problem?

i think i know whats happening , When the programme that im recording finishes before its end time the unit carrys on recording the programme after and for some reason names the recording at the stop mark , which would be the programme after.

Have you only just worked this out? Every other forum member who has read your thread already knows that that is what is happening - the only thing we haven't worked out yet is why you are having that problem.

Nobody else has that problem. I don't have that problem, and I've got the same DVDR. If I tell mine to record Corrie by selecting Corrie in the guide, it records Corrie, and stops before the next programme starts. And names the recording Coronation Street. Yours doesn't. Yours records some of the following programme - then names the recording whatever the following programme is called.

I have had it happen to me once or twice - on manual recordings where I've told it to start at (say) 8:30 and finish at 9:00, if the following programme started before my DVDR clock reached 9pm, then the recording would have the title of the following programme, the one that started at 9pm.

But yours seems to do it on every recording, not just the odd one. That's what we are trying to work out why.

Have you only just worked this out? Every other forum member who has read your thread already knows that that is what is happening - the only thing we haven't worked out yet is why you are having that problem.

Nobody else has that problem. I don't have that problem, and I've got the same DVDR. If I tell mine to record Corrie by selecting Corrie in the guide, it records Corrie, and stops before the next programme starts. And names the recording Coronation Street. Yours doesn't. Yours records some of the following programme - then names the recording whatever the following programme is called.

I have had it happen to me once or twice - on manual recordings where I've told it to start at (say) 8:30 and finish at 9:00, if the following programme started before my DVDR clock reached 9pm, then the recording would have the title of the following programme, the one that started at 9pm.

But yours seems to do it on every recording, not just the odd one. That's what we are trying to work out why.
im going to do some experimental recording over the next few days and ill report back

...overall my works correctly...
BUT - If it's something I want to keep on the HDD or a DVD for permanence I - RENAME IT anyway so really it doen't worry me - AS LONG AS IT's RECORDED the program I wanted....

just an update ive recorded a few things over the weekend and they have been named correctly.
i plan on recording again later today and ill report back.

Thanks all

just an update ive recorded a few things over the weekend and they have been named correctly.
i plan on recording again later today and ill report back.

Thanks all

just a quick question , could someone please tell me how to turn off subs permitley when inserting a recorded dvd-rw , everytime i insert a new disc with recordings on i have to turn subs off again.

example:

You are lucky, when I record from the EPG I dont get anything, I have to record maually like with an old VCR. This LG machine is the biggest pile of junk I have ever purchased.

Did this ever get resolved? I have the same issue with all recordings being named with the programme name after that recorded. I'd also like to turn off subtitles permanently. Many thanks.

Did this ever get resolved? I have the same issue with all recordings being named with the programme name after that recorded. I'd also like to turn off subtitles permanently. Many thanks.

I never got to resolve anything with this piece of LG junk, mine went in the bin 2 months ago and good riddance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom