LG DR6621 DVD Recorder. Works fine but no-compatible with my PC. Is it normal?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by genoma2, Mar 22, 2005.

1. genoma2

genoma2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just bought this DVD recorder (LG DR6621) in Belgium and when back to Spain I detected that all DVDs I have burnt up to date have good quality but cannot be transferred to my PC.

The following is my experience:

a) The LG DR6621 is a Multi-format DVD recorder valid for +R, +RW, -R, -RW discs.
    b) Once a disc is burnt in any of the above formats, it can be read on any regular DVD player, but...
    c) When trying to transfer the files to my PC, either the PC is blocked when reading it (full restart required) or in the best case the software ("DVD-Shrink" V3.2, among many others, PowerDVD included) does not recognise the disc (previously finalised, of course)
    d) In case of DVD+RW discs, the software "DVD-Decrypter") version 3.5.2.0 (and ONLY this software) is able to read the files and transfer them to my Hard Disk.
    e) Once the files are in my Hard Disk they are still unreadable by DVD-Shrink. Nonetheless NERO understand them so I can produce a new copy of my initial disc.
    f) This new copy of the original DVD (burnt by NERO, after DVD Decrypter) can now be read (recognised) by "DVD-Shrink".
    g) The previous process does not work for any of the formats DVD+R, -R, -RW. Only valid for DVD+RW.

My questions are:

1) Is this incompatibility issue a normal case for other Brand-name Recorders, LG , Panasonic, Sony, Pioneer, etc?.

2) If not, do I have any solution, firmware update, etc.? (btw, return to the seller is not possible).

I do insist, the recordings in any of the different formats are fully compatible with any other regular DVD (domestic) player, but not with the drives in my PC where I have an internal DVD Recorder BENQ 1620, firmware version B7P9, plus an external HP-200e DVD Recorder (OS is Windows 98SE).

N.B. I have also used different media (Verbatim, Princo, etc) but no difference at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. genoma2

genoma2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, just change from Windows 98SE to Windows XP (Windows 2000 might be enough) and the problem is solved. :thumbsup:

(What a waste of time!!!) :suicide:

Bye