Lg Dr4810 Fault And Possible Mod??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dekoded, Dec 27, 2004.

1. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I recently 'treated' myself to an LG DR4810 DVD recorder.
    I really wanted a panny but this was only £150 and the only thing against it as far as I could tell was the lack of RGB input on the scart, which seems crazy when you consider the other inputs (dv etc.)

Anyway after setting it up and conducting a few test recordings in different record modes, I decided to record a 1.5 hour programme, and went upstairs to 'surf'.

After about 20 mins my girlfriend shouted me, saying that the 'machine' was making a noise, I ran down stairs expecting the worst and it turned out to be a rattling/knocking noise but the recorder counter was still working. I then thought about the hassle of having to return it to comet and so decided to investigate for myself.
    I removed the top and after some checking for loose components I noticed a small rubber sticky pad with a hole in the middle was stuck to one of the cooling fan blades, I imagine it is meant to be a rubber mounting washer, which has become dislodged and got stuck there.
    After removing it everything is fine, much quieter. but now after seeing inside I realise that there may be a way of modding this unit with another drive, possibly a hard drive! has anyone tried this or does anyone think that this would be possible?
    PS I took a couple of photo's of the inside if anyone needs to know what it looks like inside! :thumbsup:

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I think you may have problems adding a HDD to the unit as there is no firmware to control it.