LG DNX190MH multi region handset hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by UKCanuck, Oct 6, 2006.

1. UKCanuck

UKCanuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Just bought one of these as a stop-gap DVD player 'til PS3 comes out. To make it multi region:

1. With no dvd in, turn on
    2. On the remote press 000
    3. Region code display appears - set 0 as your region
    4. You are now all regions.

:thumbsup:

2. shoenix

shoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :(((( Doesn't work for me. Any other suggestions ? Got a european dnx190mh.

3. UKCanuck

UKCanuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi shoenix, sorry that didn't work for you. I also found this one;

Turn On the player with the remote control
    Wait until "no disc" appears on the display
    Press PAUSE, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9

This brings up the menu, select the region code that you want to change to or
    select 0 for multi-region.

Hope this helps....

4. Simon186

Simon186

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first one works for me. Today though, after a month or so, the player mysteriously suddenly returned to Region 2 only. I repeated the hack - it took several attempts to get the Region Code menu. You have to press the keys long and hard, and slowly - and the remote has to be pointed directly at the sensor so sit close while you do it. (Mine's a DNX190UH.)

5. philoz

philoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello
    Just got one of these and the hack works fine:rotfl:

6. octopusuk

octopusuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As easy as Pi!

(o:

7. UKCanuck

UKCanuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    :rotfl: but wouldn't that be 3, 1, 4, 2.... oh never mind! :D

8. shoenix

shoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you all talking about the European version ? I pressed my fingers numb, and squeezed the rc to the limit (which isn't that hard ;) ) but still no luck ...

So anyone here with a european (PAL/Region 2) MH player for whom this worked ?

9. UKCanuck

UKCanuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    The clue's in the name shoenix.... UK.... :D

Are you sure it's the MH you have (memory card slots) as opposed to the UH with USB port?

10. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    The second hack posted worked great for me, DNX190UH model

Many thanks

11. sx200

sx200
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still can't make mine multi region...have tried long and hard and still no luck! Model bought from Curry's and is Sept 2006 manufacture. Contacted LG for hack but they where as much use as a fart in a wind tunnel!

Anyone help? And no not with the fart in the wind tunnel :D

Cheers

12. cheapskate58

cheapskate58

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I’ve just bought the LG DNX190UH made in October 2006 and guess what? None of the handset hacks work! The new Zoran chipset is to blame apparently.

Following a brief panic, I found the following procedure and it works!!:D

So if you are having problems, use the following. No NTSC judder either so the new chipset must have fixed it.

First you have to download linked file called "LG36868.IMG"

http://rapidshare.com/files/14530611/Zoran.zip.html

1. Then you have to burn this file to a blank CD

2. After burning, insert the CD into the DVD player and press play

3. Then the region management menu will be shown.

4. Input “0” to make it multi-region and then press the “pause” key by Remote Control.

And there you have it, one multi-region LG DNX190UH. Now start enjoying your DVD collection again:thumbsup:

13. vrbob

vrbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The file on cd worked for me too and i now have a multiregion lg-dnx190H!! i did have issues, first i tried to burn the file on a cdrw and the player didn`t like the disc but as soon as i burnt it on a normal cdr it worked fine. I am also having issues playing dvd+rw`s as the player will not read them although it reads the same information when i burn it on a dvd+r. Although this is not a major issue as i now have a Packard Bell 250gb Sata extrernal hard drive connected to the usb port and i can now play all my avi files straight off the drive through the dvd player!!

14. jeromeof

jeromeof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just got one of these DVD players (unfortunately It was a display model and I didn't get the remote - It was half price so I can't complain). I have managed to get my learning remote programmed to LG DVD player and I have put the hack in , but I have a couple of questions about this player. I tried with an external USB HDD drive and it didn't work, so I was wondering is there something special you had to do to get the 250GB external drive to work:
    Is there some firmware update to get this to work?
    The other question is related to the HDMI interface. Because I don't have the original remote control, I cannot press the "resolution" button (as my learning remote didn't copy that functionality). So I was wondering if the "res" button on the DVD does the same thing? If it does I have some problem as I just keep getting a crossed out zero when I press this button when using the HDMI interface.

Thanks

Jerome

15. vrbob

vrbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I bought mine from Pixmania.com so its actually the european model LG DNX190H but basically the same thing. As far as i can tell it needs no firmware update to play off the usb Hard Drive but the drive must be formatted in the Fat32 format not NTFS if not it will not see the Hard Drive. All you need to do is turn on the dvd player without a disc in it and wait till the display says no disc, then press the memory button ontop of the player (make sure you already have the hard drive plugged in to the player and the it has power if it needs it). You should see a graphic a bit like a memory stick appear on the screen now and you have to push the enter button on the remote control at this point. If you do this correctly you will see ------ in the display of the player (it does this while it reads the data off your drive. Depending on the size of the hard drive it can take a couple of mins for it to read all the data. Once complete a list of all your files will appear on the screen which you can now navigate via the remote and select the file to play.

As for the resolution you have to stop anything your watching and then press the res button which should then cycle thru the available resolutions. The button ontop of the player does the same thing as the one on the remote so it should work.

Oh and if you wanna make it multiregion the zoran file download worked for me once i burned it onto a cdr!!

Out of interest i have had issues with getting this player to read DVD+RW discs although it says it is compatible but it happily plays DVD-RW discs so i will just burn my avi files on them from now on.

Hope that helps