LG DM2780D 27 inch Cinema 3D TV Monitor

brailer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Looking at getting a LG DM2780D 27 inch Cinema 3D TV Monitor for my bedroom.

This will be used to watch some tv and to play on the PS3 in 2d and 3d.

Is this tv/monitor any good for my needs as its only £300.

cheers

J

Anyone? loads of ppl have viewed :)

Last edited:
Hi thanks, already did that. Was looking for more user opinions of this model really :)

Got one of these a couple of days ago & it's a great 3D TV. Watched Avatar on it and was well impressed. Using mine in the bedroom at about 2.5-3 meter viewing distance and it's excellent.

Just ordered one from Amazon to use exclusively as a PC monitor. It is replaceing a 24inch Dell as my main monitor. Hopefully come tomorrow and I will post some thoughts in the evening.

Just ordered one from Amazon to use exclusively as a PC monitor. It is replaceing a 24inch Dell as my main monitor. Hopefully come tomorrow and I will post some thoughts in the evening.

Not immediately impressed and have some playing around to do with the settings. First thoughts are that this is inferior to the Dell U2410 it is meant to replace as a PC monitor.

sutton8, can you tell my why you were not impressed? I have found very little information about this monitor on the internet for some reason, but I am a little scared that there might be visible lines between the pixels (as in this review of another screen from LG: d2542p-pn) ... is this true, and if so, have you found a setting that eliminates them? I am going to use it as a primary PC monitor on 2½ feet distance for desktop use and 3D gaming.

I ordered this a week ago and it should arrive tomorrow. Will post my impressions here.

Edit:
Oh well, according to this it seems like it is only an issue when watching 2D and 3D at the same time with glasses on. I imagine this could be annoying when watching 3D videos on youtube, but certainly nothing I think will ruin my overall experience with the monitor.

Last edited:
sutton8, can you tell my why you were not impressed? I have found very little information about this monitor on the internet for some reason, but I am a little scared that there might be visible lines between the pixels (as in this review of another screen from LG: d2542p-pn) ... is this true, and if so, have you found a setting that eliminates them? I am going to use it as a primary PC monitor on 2½ feet distance for desktop use and 3D gaming.

I ordered this a week ago and it should arrive tomorrow. Will post my impressions here.

I found it a bit washed out. The blacks are greyish and a bit uneven. It also would not switch between computers properly using a Sony Amp. Not noticed any lines between pixels. I've given up and decided to put it on my desk as a telly. The Dell is a proper monitor.

Okay that's sad to hear...

I am not very demanding regarding colors and black-level though, and I still hope it will be better than my current 4 year old ASUS. We'll see. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow. Thanks for replying!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom