1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG Dlp Tv Advice needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lasswade, Aug 20, 2004.

1. lasswade

lasswade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gang
    Just a quick question, I have ordered this tv from Comet and need some advice
    I have a Phillips 30" Pixel Plus LCD and have hooked up my PC thru the VGA socket all is fine until I try to play a game and thats when the problems start
    have returned this set to Comet( with no compliants from them by the way)
    They have offered me the LG dlp tv in exchange as they say I can play my pc games thru it,but after checking with LG it seems this is not the case as there is no VGA socket on any of their tv,s
    I really want to hook up my Pc as a Media Centre
    Hope someone can help as its getting delivered on Sunday!!!
    Regards
    Lasswade :confused:

2. Wazy

Wazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They don't have a vga socket on them mate.
    Only 3 scart sockets on the rear, and only 1 of those takes RGB.

The only way you can connect pc really is via an svideo output on your graphics card if you have one to a scart on the other end type lead. Picture quality wont be great though, maybe just about acceptable to watch the odd downloaded movie....

If you need a better picture with vga or a digital input you need to consider another tv.

Wazy

3. lasswade

lasswade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice I think I will cancel it and go with a big plasma instead
    any advice around the 2500k mark
    thanks

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Panasonic PWD6 or Fujitsu VHA30 (practically the same - Fuji has Panasonic glass but more sockets, better processing & longer warranty!) are really the only two to consider at that price. Some favour the Hitachi models on this forum, many don't.