LG DLP Rear Projection TV

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by JEDIBLADE, Apr 21, 2004.

1. JEDIBLADE

JEDIBLADE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Does anybody know anything about this product. It's the 44" model I'm interested in. Any reviews etc would be helpful also has anybody seen this at a cheap site ?

2. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jedi, there's a review
    here , I fancied this baby myself but couldn't find a demo, the magazines have given it average reviews on the whole but if I were you i'd trust my own eyes.

3. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    the review above is of the old model, there is a longish thread around here somewhere on the newer version which should have all the info you need..

4. Claus

Claus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I saw the new version yesterday, wiith component signals, and it looked like crap.
    It had poor black levels, with no detail. And colors were too bloomy. This set was calibrated with DVE.
    Also saw the new 55" Loewe DLP. It was fantastic!
    C

5. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    I disagree with Claus above - progressive pictures off Xbox and DVD are fantastic - and i've lived with the set for a couple of months (although DVE settings didn't help me with this set at all)... but if I was buying now, I would also consider the 50 inch Sagem and the 42/50 inch new Sony LCD grand Wegas (both are reviewed in What Video this month)

6. jonwilde

jonwilde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have viewed the LG DLP and the Sony new 42 LCD Grand Vega side by side and thought the LG had the better picture. the only gripe I had was that the screen is very reflective, I didn't notice any rainbow effect though which a few people have mantioned on the LG.