LG Disney+ App keeps losing internet connection

sjenkinsv1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

An odd and annoying one..

Disney+ has worked fine since I got this TV (LG OLED C9) a couple of years ago but the past few weeks, this "No Internet Connection" error keeps displaying. I often have to exit and restart the app for it to continue working - it doesn't tend to re-establish a connection itself.

All other on-board apps work fine. I have several other Smart TVs in the house and they all work fine.
It works fine through the SkyQ app - so it MUST be the LG App that's faulty.

I've tried wired & wireless, re-installing the app, resetting the router and even (despite hours of calibration!) resetting the TV but I'm still having this problem.

I'm considering upgrading my SkyQ box to the HDR version just to get around it but this only supports HDR10 and not Dolby Vision and I'll begrudge spending money to get a poorer quality image.

I've emailed LG support and they've just advised I do the things I've already done so not holding out much hope of them sorting it.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Cheers,

Yes my B8 has been doing this but my CS and C2 seem fine.

I also have Sky Q first gen box so can't get HDR and Sky customer services are next to useless about sending an HDR box out. It doesn't help me either as the B8 is not where the main SkyQ box is.
Also Disney app on Sky Q can't output native24fps

No ideal solution.

Has started to happen on my C9, though I only had Disney+ for TWD.

Would think its something to do with the Disney App as other built in TV Apps work fine.

I've been having this issue with the Disney Plus app on my C9 for about a month. It's been infuriating.

I found that turning the C9's WiFi on despite having it connected to my router via ethernet helped to reduce how often it happened. That said, I had it happen twice within a few minutes just the other day.

It only affects the Disney Plus app, all other apps are fine. I even updated to the latest firmware after having stuck to a much older version for over a year, just in case there was some conflict introduced with old firmware running the current Disney Plus version. But no, it made no difference to the issue at all. Ditto changing the DNS settings to Google's servers as some search results recommend for a similar issue people were having with the Disney Plus app getting stuck on the spinning circle and showing the "No internet connection" error message over a year ago. I've also tried leaving the TV unplugged for an entire night to clear all traces of app cache data after removing all apps listed in the 'Recent' section of the homescreen bar - something which apparently fixed the earlier issue I just mentioned for many.

The Disney Plus app has been running horribly slow and often not loading thumbnails for programmes for ages for a while now. There was the slightest improvement following the last update to the app but it didn't fix the connection loss message issue. I'd never had a single issue with Disney Plus since it launched, it was always snappy and without errors. Then bam, overnight it became the worst and least reliable app on the TV.

The one piece of advice I can offer is that all you need to do to get the app to immediately go back to what you were watching is to bring up the settings menu (quick press of the settings button) or go to the "Connection" sub menu in the full settings menu (long press the settings button). Somehow this instantly makes the app realise that the internet connection actually is there and working. It's a long way from ideal but saves having to exit and reload the app to get whatever you were watching up and running again.

Hi all

An odd and annoying one..

Disney+ has worked fine since I got this TV (LG OLED C9) a couple of years ago but the past few weeks, this "No Internet Connection" error keeps displaying. I often have to exit and restart the app for it to continue working - it doesn't tend to re-establish a connection itself.

All other on-board apps work fine. I have several other Smart TVs in the house and they all work fine.
It works fine through the SkyQ app - so it MUST be the LG App that's faulty.

I've tried wired & wireless, re-installing the app, resetting the router and even (despite hours of calibration!) resetting the TV but I'm still having this problem.

I'm considering upgrading my SkyQ box to the HDR version just to get around it but this only supports HDR10 and not Dolby Vision and I'll begrudge spending money to get a poorer quality image.

I've emailed LG support and they've just advised I do the things I've already done so not holding out much hope of them sorting it.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Cheers,
My G1 and Nvidia shield pro have the same problem which suggests it's the app, on the shield I get a off line message come up but the video continues to play.

I've been having this issue with the Disney Plus app on my C9 for about a month. It's been infuriating.

I found that turning the C9's WiFi on despite having it connected to my router via ethernet helped to reduce how often it happened. That said, I had it happen twice within a few minutes just the other day.

It only affects the Disney Plus app, all other apps are fine. I even updated to the latest firmware after having stuck to a much older version for over a year, just in case there was some conflict introduced with old firmware running the current Disney Plus version. But no, it made no difference to the issue at all. Ditto changing the DNS settings to Google's servers as some search results recommend for a similar issue people were having with the Disney Plus app getting stuck on the spinning circle and showing the "No internet connection" error message over a year ago. I've also tried leaving the TV unplugged for an entire night to clear all traces of app cache data after removing all apps listed in the 'Recent' section of the homescreen bar - something which apparently fixed the earlier issue I just mentioned for many.

The Disney Plus app has been running horribly slow and often not loading thumbnails for programmes for ages for a while now. There was the slightest improvement following the last update to the app but it didn't fix the connection loss message issue. I'd never had a single issue with Disney Plus since it launched, it was always snappy and without errors. Then bam, overnight it became the worst and least reliable app on the TV.

The one piece of advice I can offer is that all you need to do to get the app to immediately go back to what you were watching is to bring up the settings menu (quick press of the settings button) or go to the "Connection" sub menu in the full settings menu (long press the settings button). Somehow this instantly makes the app realise that the internet connection actually is there and working. It's a long way from ideal but saves having to exit and reload the app to get whatever you were watching up and running again.
Sounds like exactly the same issue - down to the app running slowly and not displaying thumbnails properly.

Great shout with the workaround of opening the settings menu - this does seem to kick start it so a very odd software glitch at play.

Have you reported to LG? They came back to me promptly with a load of suggestions I had already tried but haven't responded to anything I've sent them since.

Cheers!

I used to think it was specific to the LG app but after having a series of it dropping I switched to the Firestick and had the same problem there within minutes.
Never have this issue with any other app or device.

My E6 kept doing this. We had ropey internet anyway, so I assumed it was that. Had that fixed last week and it still does. Tbh, LG haven’t really been great at supporting the older tvs, so again I’d assumed it was that. Seems it’s more widespread.

I did have trouble with Disney+ on my LG C1 when I had rather slow Internet. Now that I have FTTP, I have no trouble with Disney+ on my LG C1.

I have this problem, it was fine for years then it started stopping and no internet connection message, I switched ISP from sky and now it's perfect again? I switched from sky FTTC 50mbps to Vodafone FTTP 1gps, but I don't think it's a speed thing

I have this problem, it was fine for years then it started stopping and no internet connection message, I switched ISP from sky and now it's perfect again? I switched from sky FTTC 50mbps to Vodafone FTTP 1gps, but I don't think it's a speed thing
It may be a speed thing. When we moved here, the Internet I had was a 4G router. We were getting between 15-20Mbps. I was having some trouble with Disney+ on my LG C1. I now have Sky FTTC 500Mbps and Disney+ works very well. No problems at all. You really should have kept Sky FTTC and just upped the speed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom