• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG Digital HDMI recorder RHT398H series link not working

timtott

Standard Member
Hi
I just bought an LG RHT398H digital recorder as i cannot get the series record function to work at all.

Everytime i got to the epg menu and then click record it only lets me do simple record all the other options including series record says cannot do, for every program.

I rang LG who couldnt work it out and told me that it must be a faulty box, so itook it back and exchanged it and guess what.....still the same problem. Its driving me crazy!

please please can some one help

Im wondering if the fact we only have an analogue arieal is stopping the digital program signal which is stopping the series record function from working? ? ?

Do you thikn buying an indoor digital arial might help ?

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Which channels (programmes) does it receive?
a) BBC1, 2, ITV 1, Ch4, Ch 5 only
or
b) many more than this ?

scribbler101

Established Member
Hi
I just bought an LG RHT398H digital recorder as i cannot get the series record function to work at all.

Everytime i got to the epg menu and then click record it only lets me do simple record all the other options including series record says cannot do, for every program.

I rang LG who couldnt work it out and told me that it must be a faulty box, so itook it back and exchanged it and guess what.....still the same problem. Its driving me crazy!

please please can some one help

Im wondering if the fact we only have an analogue arieal is stopping the digital program signal which is stopping the series record function from working? ? ?

Do you thikn buying an indoor digital arial might help ?
I'm 99% confident it isn't an aerial issue, as if you can receive programmes and are seeing the EPG your system is receiving the digital signal. I presume you CAN view programes through it?

Analogue and digital use same aerials, though in some places frequencies may differ. If your existing ae is outdoor, most unlikely an indoor would help.

What are the other options it won't let you do?

I wonder if there is some setup option to allow/disallow series recording.

timtott

Standard Member
hhmm yes i can view all the channels through the epg menu and i can get the info on each program if i press the info button. The picture is always perfect with no interuptions and when i do the diagnotics it shows that all the channels are getting a good 80% signal at least.

The only other problem im having is that when it is recording the subtitle comes on automatically and i cannot turn them off even if i press subtitles button which in non record mode turns them on and off. Have looked all through the menu but there is not option for any of these problems. The menu is very limtied in its setup capacity.

Saw another comment by comeone on a review on amazon that said they had the smae problem and LG kept saying an engineer would call but they never would and in the end LG admited the Series link function just doesnt work. Think im goin to take it back and hopefully argos wil let me exchane it for a different model?

i must say i was hoping for the price (£250) and from LG it would be good but i have seen pvr for £100 which work better....very disapointed ..do not buy one

scribbler101

Established Member
Mine cost <£30! But it was on ebay from a place that clears ex-Argos etc stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom