Lg Di30lz30

tmp

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a LG DI30LZ30

LG SITE

Is there another model or make I should be looking at ?.

Not found one in a shop to have a good look at though :(

Main features that I am after is the DVI input and 2 or more scarts and a Freeview tuner would be handy and no more than £2500

Tim

Like you, I am interested in this model as it does have the Freeview tuner built in, has a DVI input and is available for less than £1300 from QED.

If you have any further comments, or indeed if any forum member has further comment, I would welcome them

Gordon

I have held off purchasing anything until the sales.

Did find one review of the set in T3 Mag

PROS: User-friendly. Great design and styling. Decent sound and image.

CONS: Picture doesn't match some rivals. No digital video input for DVD players.

I was also interested in an LG Model, the LG RZ-30LZ50 but I haven't seen it yet.
The specs sound good though.

Has anybody seen it and can say sth. about picture quality?

Im using an older 30" TV/Monitor. (also LG)

The T3 review you pointed out said that it doesnt have a digital conection for DVD players, yet you said it has DVi (which is a digital conection)

The mix up here is that the model I have and probably all other models made since does have DVi but its not HDCP compliant which means your DVD player wont work with this TV/Monitor.

I could be wrong and the newer model may in fact be HDCP. You better check this out before you buy it.

If its not HDCP you will only be able to use it as a Monitor for your PC.

Also the component video quality on mine is very poor indeed.

There is a reason for this. When I got the model I have, I was told by my friend at LG that when they make a TV/Monitor it starts life as either one or the other, but never both.

The fact that is has both conections is just a bonus. My model is designed primarily as a monitor for PC use. The fact that it has a component conection is just a bonus. (plus alpha)

My Monitor works well as a monitor but poorly as a TV.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the info

It's a bit of a mine field all this LCD TV specs

What I have been trying to-do is look at models that have the features I think I need.

When I started on this quest my thoughts were 30 - 32 flat TV with some scart inputs and that would do.

Now I am thinking spend a bit more and go for something a bit more future proof.

So my needs are

Digital Tuner (No point in getting analogue)
DVI (PC - Replace my Ageing tivo unit)
SCART (RGB - SKY +)
SCART (PANASONIC DVDR)

and for some future proof get HDMI ?

From the information I have been looking at DVI-D is HDMI and DVI - I is a PC only type connection

PC-In (D-Sub 15pin) PC In Digital - DVI-I
From LG Spec

Nothing like getting too confused :eek:

But I could have it completely wrong.

What would be nice is to be able to have a list of options that you check and then some software tells you to have a look at the following sets.

As personal preference as to design / make and other features that you did not know you needed will help make the choice.

Tim

As I thought that LG DVi is for PC use and not for TV/DVD use.

In order for it to be for TV/DVD use it needs to be DVi-D (digital) and HDCP.

HDMI is NOT a PC conection.
Its a digital only conection designed for new DVD players
(like the new Denon 2910 and 3910) and for future products like Blu Ray and HD-DVD.

HDMI is the same as DVI-D and are both interconective. HDMI is also HDCP.

I recomend you look at a display that has both DVi-D thats HDCP compliant and Component. This way you can use that DVi conection for either your PC or for a newer DVD player or future Blu Ray or HD-DVD player once they come out.

Digital TV will probably work through component, but please realise that compnent is an anlalogue conection and DVi/HDMi are both digital.

This will be the best future proofing.

Hello All,

I have searched high and low but nowhere does it mention the M/S Response times, as i want to us this screen for a monitor playing games and connecting to my xbox, ps2 and dvd, can any advise me of the response time ?.
I have searched lg website and read all the tech spec and manual but no joy
even phoned them today and they dont know and will call me back :eek:(

The contrast is 350:1 that is pretty low, compared to the video7 32" lcd tv and monitor

Thanks for listening....

I recieved this from LG a couple of weeks ago from LG:-
Great Company Great People

Thank you for your email.

The response time is 16ms and the model is wall mountable.

Yours sincerely

LG Electronics Helpdesk
Tel: 0870 873 5454
Fax: 01753 517445

BTW I bought this model from comet (£999) a couple of weeks ago, use it as a monitor, to play the x-box, watch DVD (via component) and as a TV had no problems with it. TV picture (digital and terretrial) is OK but the PQ for the rest have been very impresed with.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom