LG CX with Freesat (Astra 28.2E) AND another satellite in Germany?

Germanguy

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a 48CX, with twin satellite tuner. I live in Germany and can pick up freesat on Astra 28.2E. My problem - if I set up stating I am in the UK, the CX finds freesat (only) and does not allow a second satellite. If I say I am in Germany, it tunes the german Astra 19 by default and allows Astra 28.2E as a second satellite, but it does not find the freesat channels (just 1000 others).

Is there any way to get it to think it is in the UK, find freesat, and allow a second satellite?

I have an old Humax HDR which àllows Freesat plus "non freesat" channels. I don't want to go back to using it, but if it is the only way to get BBC and German (Astra 19) channels then I will have to. Any suggestions? Is there a way of adding the Freesat channels which it does not find if set up as a German set ? Thanks! :)

the UK model only has 1 physical satellite connection so that's probably the reason why it doesn't give the option to add a second feed.

Thanks - but should I be able to get the Freesat channels with a blind scan with the CX set to two satellites?

no idea, but "Freesat" is just an EPG that gives various FTA satellites a channel number and guide data.
all the channels are free to tune in if you can point the dish at 28.8e.

if you can get a lock on the satellite you should be able tune in all the channels - without EPG numbers or guide data.

no idea, but "Freesat" is just an EPG that gives various FTA satellites a channel number and guide data.
all the channels are free to tune in if you can point the dish at 28.8e.

if you can get a lock on the satellite you should be able tune in all the channels - without EPG numbers or guide data.

Thanks - I must have a lock on the satellite as the card on my computer from the same source finds them all - the CX does not, for some reason - but it does find lots of other channels on 28.8E. Highly annoying.

SOLVED! . There are two settings for location on the CX, one for reception country and one for "LG Services". If the reception land is set for UK, the CX does not allow a second satellite (the option is greyed out. If the reception land is set for Germany, the CX does not find the freesat channels - it must be using a list rather than finding all the channels available. By trial and error, I have set the reception country to "blank" (at the bottom of the list of countries) and the country for LG Services to UK and voila, the channels are there from both satellites with channel names.

By trial and error, I have set the reception country to "blank" (at the bottom of the list of countries) and the country for LG Services to UK and voila, the channels are there from both satellites with channel names.
Even though I live in the UK, I had to do the same as you in order to fully disable Freesat. After which I was able to alter the .ttl file and create a channel number listing that I wanted and not the weird one that Freesat offers...

It's not all sunshine and roses though. As setting the reception country to '---' has (for some bizarre reason) stopped the All4 and My5 catch-up apps from functioning, whereas BBCiPlayer, itvHUB, NOWTV and others work perfectly... Go figure...

It's not all sunshine and roses though. As setting the reception country to '---' has (for some bizarre reason) stopped the All4 and My5 catch-up apps from functioning, whereas BBCiPlayer, itvHUB, NOWTV and others work perfectly... Go figure...

not on a CX though? as we don't have All4 on the CS as of yet?

Even though I live in the UK, I had to do the same as you in order to fully disable Freesat. After which I was able to alter the .ttl file and create a channel number listing that I wanted and not the weird one that Freesat offers...

Do you fancy sharing your channel list file? I've tried a few times to organise my own, but it's such a faff.

Do you fancy sharing your channel list file? I've tried a few times to organise my own, but it's such a faff.
Sure... Here you go ;)

Attachments

• GlobalClone00001.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 103
Just-so-everyone-knows...

The above 'TV Channels.tll' file back-up is set-up for the 'East Midlands' region.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom