Lg cx thick fuzzy line top to bottom on screen?

Beckandrich99

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi lg cx 65inch owner here, bought in march 2021 from currys, strange thick fuzzy line top and bottom of screen, any ideas screen or board replacement?

Can see it via ps5 and netflix, hard to see on bright colours tbou,, will lg fix or replace the tv as its still in warranty cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20210930_202113.jpg
    IMG_20210930_202113.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20210930_202105.jpg
    IMG_20210930_202105.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20210930_202054.jpg
    IMG_20210930_202054.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 126
Hi lg cx 65inch owner here, bought in march 2021 from currys, strange thick fuzzy line top and bottom of screen, any ideas screen or board replacement?

Can see it via ps5 and netflix, hard to see on bright colours tbou,, will lg fix or replace the tv as its still in warranty cheers.

Best thing to do is get onto Currys Knowhow and book it in really, they might ask you to reset the TV back to factory defaults, try firmware tv update, different hdmi cables and see if the picture is still fuzzy as an test.

Cold be panel failure, but sometimes its the mainboard, either way Currys pcworld will fix it in their own repair centre usually and source parts from LG if not use parts they already have. They usually send knowhow guys in a lorry to collect your TV from your home and deliver it back again, just make sure its clear what you need to include ie stand or no stand, tv box or not etc.

Oh and before its collected, take multiple clear pictures of the TV front, back and sides just in case any damage occurs later on, you have proof.

I think they usually take 1-3 weeks turn over, this is rough time frame they might give you more accurate time frames.

Ok cherrs,not keen on currys touching my tv cause there assholes and always say this and say boll.. Ks lol..

Ive contacted lg directly waiting for a reply for warranty repair.

Ive done all the above turn off at the mains, reset tv etc etc

Ok cherrs,not keen on currys touching my tv cause there assholes and always say this and say boll.. Ks lol..

Ive contacted lg directly waiting for a reply for warranty repair.

Ive done all the above turn off at the mains, reset tv etc etc

Yeah I hear ya, LG may simply refer you back to Currys sadly, but its worth a shot.

From the talk on here Currys has not been too shabby, often its a pain free repair and quick turn over. My LG warranty repair..... nightmare, took 3 months to solve an OLED fault but this was mid pandemic last year.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom