LG CX & SKY Q HDMI ports dying

Bablemikey

Novice Member
Has anyone come across a problem with HDMI ports on the CX dying? I've now lost two ports where I'd connected a Sky Q box. Symptom is "No signal found". I've totally eliminated cables, by using my 4k blu-ray player ones, so I'm struggling now to figure out where the problem lies. Sky Q is working again now that's its plugged into another port, but this is the last one I had available & my 4k blu-ray player is now disconnected.

I've been through power cycling the tv to see whether there may be something software-wise that's playing up, but with no success.

Fred Smith

Has anyone come across a problem with HDMI ports on the CX dying? I've now lost two ports where I'd connected a Sky Q box. Symptom is "No signal found". I've totally eliminated cables, by using my 4k blu-ray player ones, so I'm struggling now to figure out where the problem lies. Sky Q is working again now that's its plugged into another port, but this is the last one I had available & my 4k blu-ray player is now disconnected.

I've been through power cycling the tv to see whether there may be something software-wise that's playing up, but with no success.
Have you been hot plugging?

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Does a reboot of the sky box cure it?

I have something similar not through an extender and occasionally get that. Thought it was the extender but could possibly the hdmi inputs. The extender receiver is definitely gettinga signal as you can see on its display

PlexShaw

Has it actually killed the HDMI ports completely? That sounds like a hardware issue, if so.

I've been having a similar problem with Sky Q on a 2017 LG LED TV and found that if I disconnected/re-connected the HDMI cable to the same port, the image came back, which suggests there's an HDMI handshake issue going on (for the record, this was just a test - I don't recommend hot plugging all the time and it was a risk I was prepared to take when troubleshooting).

I've found that turning off the TV "Quick Start+" option (which is in different locations depending which version of WebOS you have) results in the Sky Q signal displaying consistently when booted up from cold. It only take a few more seconds for the TV to fully initialise, so no great loss when this setting is disabled.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom