Lg cx settings

Geoff Doughty

Standard Member
Hi everyone. I have an lg 65 cx. Regarding settings I see that most people recommend having different settings for sdr and hdr programmes. Do you have to physically change each time you watch a different format or can you pre programme. Many thanks

next010

Distinguished Member
SDR and HDR picture presets are separate on the TV.

If you use something which outputs a HDR signal the TV will auto switch to HDR mode and you can cycle though any of the selected picture presets or customize them.

Each HDMI input will remember the selected SDR and HDR preset.

Geoff Doughty

Standard Member
SDR and HDR picture presets are separate on the TV.

If you use something which outputs a HDR signal the TV will auto switch to HDR mode and you can cycle though any of the selected picture presets or customize them.

Each HDMI input will remember the selected SDR and HDR preset.
next010 Thank you for the reply. At present I have my TV hdmi cable going from earc to earc on my receiver. My blu ray and sky q are connected to my receiver. All sound comes via receiver and obviously picture from TV, so do I need to adjust picture settings for sdr and hdr. Thanks again

next010

Distinguished Member
next010 Thank you for the reply. At present I have my TV hdmi cable going from earc to earc on my receiver. My blu ray and sky q are connected to my receiver. All sound comes via receiver and obviously picture from TV, so do I need to adjust picture settings for sdr and hdr. Thanks again

Well the problem there is you have two devices sharing a single HDMI input so you either live with one picture preset or manually change them to what you consider best.

You could try using the stock SDR/HDR cinema preset if thats pleasing enough to your eyes and works for both blu-ray and the sky broadcast TV.

Geoff Doughty

Standard Member
Well the problem there is you have two devices sharing a single HDMI input so you either live with one picture preset or manually change them to what you consider best.

You could try using the stock SDR/HDR cinema preset if thats pleasing enough to your eyes and works for both blu-ray and the sky broadcast TV.
Thanks so much for your reply. It all makes sense now. I'll have a tinker and see what looks best. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom