LG CX ordered (not arrived yet) but getting cold feet,should I cancel?

fluxedman

To be fair the Q90r was a brilliant set the only issue I had with it was it only had one hdmi 2.1 port . Ontop of that 4K at 120 hz was glitchy sometimes I would get hdmi hand shake black outs. So if I wasn’t a gamer I would of kept it.

Im with you on the too expensive part I bought mine in June for 1799 and now they are 1599 . For what it’s worth if you wait 6 -7 months after the release of a new tv you will save about 400-500 pounds .

This gives you plenty of time to decide on a new set should that be the case.

Yeah hdmi 2.1 is going to be glitchy for a id say a few years, it always takes tv the audio/visual world ages to catch up with bug free and reliable performance. We still have hdmi 2.1 certified cables that don't work, too many manufacturers and too many equipment as usual.

You might be able to find HDMI 8K 2In 1Out Switch boxes or better switches on amazon or ebay that maybe able to add a work arounds with more ports/switches and maybe better compatibility chipset but that is an unknown since its still too new.

nice video here showing LG OLED over Samsung Neo comparision

I do like the OLED better but id like to see how Samsung QD-Oleds do hopefully find out in 2022.

Pixieish Glue

Standard Member
I've been gaming on the CX for like couple months now maybe average 8 hours a day in HDR (full backlight 100). No issues. I tweaked the settings so that the TV automatically dims if I don't do anything for 2 minutes or so e.g. pause menu. The dimming feature is really good and I think protects the display for long-term gaming use. To get it back to normal brightness again, I just resume and move around - automatically comes back.

JustTheFacts

I've been gaming on the CX for like couple months now maybe average 8 hours a day in HDR (full backlight 100). No issues. I tweaked the settings so that the TV automatically dims if I don't do anything for 2 minutes or so e.g. pause menu. The dimming feature is really good and I think protects the display for long-term gaming use. To get it back to normal brightness again, I just resume and move around - automatically comes back.
Whatever has eliminated burn in doesn't matter. Could be manufacturing quality vastly improved since 2018. The important data is the 15 million burn in test results since 2018. Reports of burn in on 2018 and newer OLEDs don't exist. I challenge you to try to find 10 reports of 2018 and newer OLED experiencing burn in. It is hard to find 10 reports of OLED burn in, even on the wild wild web.

Burn in is no longer a reasonable concern although the fear of burn in and spreading the fear of burn in is still a significant problem on social media.

Last edited:

Pixieish Glue

Standard Member
Whatever has eliminated burn in doesn't matter. Could be manufacturing quality vastly improved since 2018. The important data is the 15 million burn in test results since 2018. Reports of burn in on 2018 and newer OLEDs don't exist. I challenge you to try to find 10 reports of 2018 and newer OLED experiencing burn in. It is hard to find 10 reports of OLED burn in, even on the wild wild web.

Burn in is no longer a concern although the fear of burn in and spreading the fear of burn in is still a significant problem on social media.
Yeah that’s true.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom