• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG CX or Philips 805

Damian Clarkson

Novice Member
Hi, I recently got the 48 LG CX and cant get the picture right to my eyes, had Sony led lcds forever so maybe used to their picture but colours just look off on the oled, tried all modes and settled on isf daylight with basic calibration but its just not right and a little too dim and the ABL is so harsh on bright full white screens. Also, the freeview guide is horrendous! so slow and clunky.

So, contemplating the Philips 805 55 and wondered if anyone has experience of both? the AI on Philips looks to do a great job of upping the brightness from the demos iv seen but obvs a demo is going to look good. Has anyone seen both and can compare picture quality?

My main use is going to be standard TV, Netflix and movies, not fussed for gaming.

thanks!

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Why not go for another Sony LCD? Or a Sony OLED?

Damian Clarkson

Novice Member
Why not go for another Sony LCD? Or a Sony OLED?
Good question! Maybe I will. I figured oled is the better/newer technology so wanted to try it. Didn't go for the Sony oled because it's a fair bit more expensive and it isn't as bright from reviews iv seen so far. If money was no object I'd get the Panasonic hz2000 with the custom panel but again it's too expensive.

Cheers

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Good question! Maybe I will. I figured oled is the better/newer technology so wanted to try it. Didn't go for the Sony oled because it's a fair bit more expensive and it isn't as bright from reviews iv seen so far. If money was no object I'd get the Panasonic hz2000 with the custom panel but again it's too expensive.

Cheers

It is better but if you like the look and colour reproduction of LCDs, then go for what you like.

OLED's are the best consumer available technology but my parents still prefer a projected image. Its sometimes just what you like. Tech spec sheets only state numbers... but at the end of the day, its what you love.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom