LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Do you not find the image on the dull side for a number of games especially shot em ups?
Not at all imo.
Recently I have been playing Apex Legends, BFV, Doom Eternal and Rogue Company and all look excellent and vibrant.
120hz on some of those games are excellent.

Yes, it says on July 21, but my tv was ok sending audio out through ARC last night, today the message came up and the audio is gone. If I change it to internal speakers it works properly.
Also had the message and ARC is still working as it should.

In short, no. I use Game mode with HGiG.

I play a lot of WarZone and absolutely love it, I regularly find myself squinting.
That being the case then would you mind sharing your settings as I am struggling on some games such as cod ww2 on series x, games that I have played a long time and although I am enjoying the faster response time I am not enjoying the visuals. Pretty sure my b8 from a couple of years back had more pop. Thanks

That being the case then would you mind sharing your settings as I am struggling on some games such as cod ww2 on series x, games that I have played a long time and although I am enjoying the faster response time I am not enjoying the visuals. Pretty sure my b8 from a couple of years back had more pop. Thanks
Are they HDR titles? Have you calibrated the Xbox HDR?

Has anyone heard or experienced issues with the TV turning itself off (with an audible click) randomly? It used to only be on explosions or flashbangs on the Xbox but it's getting worse each day and was pretty much every 1-2minutes during the football Friday.

Tried the usual factory reset, tried lowering OLED Light + brightness levels, not use Instant Game Response etc. but no luck.

Unit has been fine since I had it in September, and only seems to have started doing this since the recent firmware updates in May. I've requested LG/JohnLewis to look at it as under warranty + guarantee, but not sure if its hardware or firmware related.

(apologies if not meant to link, but couldn't attach video here)

Following a recent update my TV keeps powering off (going into standby) and then takes several minutes to turn back on.

I've been through all the troubleshooting steps including a full reset, unplugging all cables etc.

I ordinarily have 3 devices connected to the TV - a Sony Amp (sky, pc, firestick), a nintendo switch and a PS5. The latter two using eARC for audio. It has been set up this way since January with no changes or any issues at all.

Recently a software update was pushed out and the issue first started within minutes afterwards and has since it has been a nightmare. The TV will often go into standby after a few minutes use and will not turn back on. Even properly pulling the power makes no difference. The device will go to turn on and then click back into standby with the red light lit. There has since been another update which I thought may be a fix for the issue but wasn't.

I did find that pulling all the HDMI cables and turning it back on seemed to help it turn on but recently that hasn't been helping either. The only "fix" is to wait about ten minutes where it will then usually turn on. IF the device stays on for more than 10 minutes it largely seems to then stay on without issue.

I have tried doing various things like disabling CEC control incase something was sending a bad HDMI signal but that hasn't helped and obviously causes issues for the eARC devices.

Any ideas of anything to try, whether itmight be a s/w issue or is just a hardware failure? Thanks

So unfortunately this is still an ongoing problem for me, and whilst LG have been brilliant at servicing and getting engineers out it's still not fixed..

They replaced the power supply last week and it still continued to cut out randomly and very frequent (though never when they are here to look at it of course!). I rang them back to tell them and rebooked a service.

This morning they replaced the motherboard itself (which basically means the only thing they haven't touched is the panel). Stupidly enough I didn't leave it on the software on the motherboard (which was a substantially older update) and went straight for the software update and low and behold it's still randomly turning off with the relay clicking..

Will ring them again tomorrow to see what other options are - I'm struggling to see how it's the panel itself and as much as they say its coincidence this started happening within 30 minutes of that dreaded software update back in May.

@MasterYoda - any luck on your end?

Maybe try without Auto HDR turned on via Manage Game and Compatibility Options

Not at all imo.
Recently I have been playing Apex Legends, BFV, Doom Eternal and Rogue Company and all look excellent and vibrant.
120hz on some of those games are excellent.
Yeah Apex Legends, feels like I need sunglasses on with that 😅

Xbox Series X:
• 120Hz
• Standard
• 8-bit
• Allow YCC 422 Unchecked

CX SDR GAME
• Game
• PC Mode
• HDMI Deep colour = On
• OLED Light = 40
• Contrast = 92
• Brightness = 50
• Black level = Low
• Colour = 50
• Tint = 0
• Sharpness = 0
• Gamma = BT.1886
• Colour Gamut = Auto
• Colour Temp = Warm2

CX HDR GAME
• PC Mode
• Game Picture Mode
• HDMI Deep colour = On
• OLED Light = 100
• Contrast = 100
• Brightness = 50
• Black level = Low
• Colour = 55
• DTM HGIG
• Tint = 0
• Sharpness = 0
• Gamma = 2.2
• Colour Gamut = Auto
• Colour Temp = Warm2

Xbox Series X:
• 120Hz
• Standard
• 8-bit

CX SDR GAME
• Game
• PC Mode
• HDMI Deep colour = On
• OLED Light = 40
• Contrast = 92
• Brightness = 50
• Black level = Low
• Colour = 50
• Tint = 0
• Sharpness = 0
• Gamma = BT.1886
• Colour Gamut = Auto
• Colour Temp = Warm2

CX HDR GAME
• PC Mode
• Game Picture Mode
• HDMI Deep colour = On
• OLED Light = 100
• Contrast = 100
• Brightness = 50
• Black level = Low
• Colour = 55
• DTM HGIG
• Tint = 0
• Sharpness = 0
• Gamma = 2.2
• Colour Gamut = Auto
• Colour Temp = Warm2
Yeah it's bright at times. Just wish it had a Series X/S update and a 120hz option.

Yeah it's bright at times. Just wish it had a Series X/S update and a 120hz option.
Tbh I don't know how that game could feel more responsive, but to see it optimised with some more bells and whistles would be welcome.

Xbox Series X:
• 120Hz
• Standard
• 8-bit

CX SDR GAME
• Game
• PC Mode
• HDMI Deep colour = On
• OLED Light = 40
• Contrast = 92
• Brightness = 50
• Black level = Low
• Colour = 50
• Tint = 0
• Sharpness = 0
• Gamma = BT.1886
• Colour Gamut = Auto
• Colour Temp = Warm2

CX HDR GAME
• PC Mode
• Game Picture Mode
• HDMI Deep colour = On
• OLED Light = 100
• Contrast = 100
• Brightness = 50
• Black level = Low
• Colour = 55
• DTM HGIG
• Tint = 0
• Sharpness = 0
• Gamma = 2.2
• Colour Gamut = Auto
• Colour Temp = Warm2
Any reason for colour 50 on Sdr and 55 for hdr?
I think mine are both set to 50. Unsure if that’s the default or not.

Just updated my CX to 3.23.15. No Dolby Vision gaming in 120Hz, no LPCM or Dolby Atmos pass through. Just checked on my series X.

The series x needs an update as well as the Dolby vision gaming in 120hz is in beta program and not available to everyone

The series x needs an update as well as the Dolby vision gaming in 120hz is in beta program and not available to everyone
LG C1 has all marks checked in TV test at xbox UI. I now DV gaming os insider program. I'm talking about LG CX capability with this firmware update.

Yeah I see what you mean, just saying we need the LG update and the Xbox update as well, I still haven’t had the LG firmware update yet

Xbox Series X:
• 120Hz
• Standard
• 8-bit

CX SDR GAME
• Game
• PC Mode
• HDMI Deep colour = On
• OLED Light = 40
• Contrast = 92
• Brightness = 50
• Black level = Low
• Colour = 50
• Tint = 0
• Sharpness = 0
• Gamma = BT.1886
• Colour Gamut = Auto
• Colour Temp = Warm2

CX HDR GAME
• PC Mode
• Game Picture Mode
• HDMI Deep colour = On
• OLED Light = 100
• Contrast = 100
• Brightness = 50
• Black level = Low
• Colour = 55
• DTM HGIG
• Tint = 0
• Sharpness = 0
• Gamma = 2.2
• Colour Gamut = Auto
• Colour Temp = Warm2
Thanks for taking the time to give me your settings much appreciated, just a couple of questions, the pc mode On tv I get that but the series x on 8 bit and standard instead of pc mode and 10 bit then that’s where Indeed educating. Again thank you for your time I am receiving the ps5 Ratchet and clank bundle today so am looking forward to that but series x will always be my primary console. Cannot wait for flight sim next week👍

I m going thru 20/21 oleds topics and i see more and more that owners of previous gens like 2017/18 are sayn that older oleds have more impactuful HDR more pop...
I had B6 and B7 and really hope i will not be disapointed going to LG G1 from Q90R for HDR games wich is my primary use.

The 3.23.15 firmware update has been posted on LG's UK support site.

the jump is from 03.23.10 to 03.23.15, so it's not likely to be anything of note for the end-user.

Have they added All4 yet ?

no, and probably never will.
you should complain direct to Channel4, as it's essentially up to them to make it happen.

Guy from richersounds came today confirmed the faulty screen so now just waiting on the replacement panel to come from Holland

Any of ye know abouts how long that’d take?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom