LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

surely it's only ad free and in HD if you pay for a ITV+ sub.
I've just tried it on Corrie via Sky Q (wife's honestly!), plays one ad.

Had an engineer out today to inspect my second 77 CX. I was prepared to have to argue my case etc. I started by showing him a white slide for the grid/brush stroke effect. He immediately said "well that's not displaying proper white, that's all I need to see." I didn't even need to show him my banding issues. He said the white issues and the dead pixel were more than enough. He actually pointed out that I had tinting too. Never really looked for it but he was right.

Now the only decision is to go with a 3rd CX or go for an AG9, or even bail out of OLED all together....
I'd a similar experience with my second panel. The engineer didn't even come out. Just looked at the pictures and video I sent and that was it. Would suggest it's maybe a slightly bigger issue that the 0.01% affected (according to the first engineer). I wasn't willing to go for a third so opted for the AG9 but I've just a 55 inch so not as much hassle. I got lucky and the PQ is incredible but I'm not a big gamer so was willing to sacrifice the 2.1. You won't be disappointed if you do opt for the AG but unfortunately there does seem to be a panel lottery across all brands. When you do get a clean panel though the picture is incredible. Good luck whichever option you go for.

i have no issues with the shield and CX, mine is connected to a soundbar though, not direct to the TV.
the 2019 support Dolby Vision, so if you want that then it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Thanks mate. I'm in the market for a soundbar too. Can I ask which you use? Cheers again

Just got a CX 48" to use for PC gaming and wow really impressed so far! Any recommended settings? Pairing it with a 3080, looking forward to getting the new update! Now rocking a CX 55" in living room CX 48" in the officer and a 55" C9 in my sons room!

I've done the same mate, works great. In the Nvidia control panel make sure you set it to 4k 120hz!

HDR game mode looks loverly again now, almost inclined to say its brighter than before the patch that dimmed it, but it's likely not.
Also so far for me flakey audio/eARC issues are improved, not had any dropouts as yet like I was getting occasionally before the patch.

No. There's just one ad before the programme and no internal breaks. And it's HD.
I tested it with Corrie this morning, there is one ad in-between, could differ though by programme 🤷‍♂️

No. There's just one ad before the programme and no internal breaks. And it's HD.

must be something sky are paying ITV for then, as normally you need to pay for an ITV+ account to remove ads and get HD

Still no update on my 55CX. Is it on the LG website yet? 🤔🤔

Yes still waiting here
Mind you i don't use the auto update feature so not looked for a couple of hours
Nor do I, and the recent issue with Game HDR shows why...

I always wait for others to test it first 😅

Yes still waiting here
Mind you i don't use the auto update feature so not looked for a couple of hours
I don't either, but when I switched tv on yesterday morning it popped up a message asking if I want to update.

I'd a similar experience with my second panel. The engineer didn't even come out. Just looked at the pictures and video I sent and that was it. Would suggest it's maybe a slightly bigger issue that the 0.01% affected (according to the first engineer). I wasn't willing to go for a third so opted for the AG9 but I've just a 55 inch so not as much hassle. I got lucky and the PQ is incredible but I'm not a big gamer so was willing to sacrifice the 2.1. You won't be disappointed if you do opt for the AG but unfortunately there does seem to be a panel lottery across all brands. When you do get a clean panel though the picture is incredible. Good luck whichever option you go for.

Good engineer, really is a waste of time when engineers delay and muck about the photos/videos are proof enough imo.

How are you finding the AG9 anyhow, motion processing better in sports ? general picture quality in good ?

Last edited:
Yes still waiting here

you should turn it on.
it's most likely on the auto push list, but not on the manual check list.

the manual check is probably checking the same source as what the website uses, whereas the auto-update channel may have the new build on it.

you should turn it on.
it's most likely on the auto push list, but not on the manual check list.
You still get notified with it off, it just doesn't auto install.

Good engineer, really is a waste of time when engineers delay and muck about the photos/videos are proof enough imo.

How is are you finding the AG9 anyhow, motion processing better in sports ? general picture quality in good ?
Couldn't agree more. And it's incredible. I'm only a couple of days in so still some tweaking and settling to do but I'm delighted with both picture quality and motion. I've yet to watch any sports however so can't really advise but on movies and TV it's fantastic.

Couldn't agree more. And it's incredible. I'm only a couple of days in so still some tweaking and settling to do but I'm delighted with both picture quality and motion. I've yet to watch any sports however so can't really advise but on movies and TV it's fantastic.

From looking at the AG9 thread there definitely seems to be less issues than with the CX.

Not just firmware wise but less panel uniformity issues etc.

Still no update on my 55CX. Is it on the LG website yet? 🤔🤔

I guess they do it in waves, whenever I have had an update pushed OTA its always been in the morning when I turn it on around 9-10am.

LG support replied on the twitter thread regarding the grid/brush stroke issue. It was the usual pre-canned reply to contact support but everyone should reply again to them directly reinforcing the issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom