LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

The only other thing I can think of is ensuring you have HDR calibrated on the console’s settings with HGIG on within the Dynamic Tone Mapping setting on the TV. I don’t have those games so can’t compare. Gears 5 is quite dark in places but it doesn’t seem grey to me.
Looks like this is an issue with the games as many people with different tv's are complaining about washed out blacks. Guess I just will have to endure it. Call Of Duty is so full of bugs it crashes my Series X every 5 mins.

I’ve never had a problem with my Sky Q box resetting to 1080? Never, since I’ve had the box. Either my V1 box or V3 box. I think maybe your HDMI cables might be the cause?
Tried several cables which never made a difference, I have the V2 box so that might be the difference.

Just wondering if you need to enable the 'HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour' option for UHD content if connecting a Sky Q box or in my case a VM V6 box ?

Anyone know if the Sky Q, VM V6 box support 'Ultra HD Deep Colour' ?

Whats your thoughts.

This is what the LG help screen says.

HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour
Settings
All Settings icon
Picture Additional Settings HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour
If you connect a device that supports HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, you can enjoy a clearer image. After connecting the playback device, set HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour to On.
However, if the device doesn’t support it, it may not work properly.
In that case, change the TV’s HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour setting to Off.
Yes, Deep Colour should be on for Sky Q!

As an aside, apart from the obvious HDR compatibility is there any difference in picture quality between the two? I've long thought my v1 box is a bit soft on both HD and UHD.
Not really a massive difference tbh. Maybe the V3 is a touch sharper, but probably a placebo.

Yes, Deep Colour should be on for Sky Q!

Thanks, in that case i'm assuming that Deep Colour should be on for my VM V6 box. 👍

Anyone here know what the uniformity on the Sony A8H is like this year compared to the LG CX? I wanted the LG CX for my PS5, but I game casually and I don't think it's worth sacrificing panel quality for 120HZ gaming.

Anybody else having skyQ uhd problems my Cx has reverted back to 1080i, and I get error uho11 it doesn’t support uhd was working fine yesterday
It happens to me now and again. It is well documented on the Sky forums and users have been reporting this for at least two years but the problem still persists.
It’s a Sky issue and nothing to do with the CX or your cables.
You have to go into settings on your Sky Q and re-select 2160 as your resolution.

Which size?
I got the 8cm as I just needed to raise it up to avoid bottom right corner being blocked by a chair. However that is plenty high enough to put my Zidoo, Apple TV and Nvidia Shield under.

Hi, I have 2 question about gaming with PS5 :

1) Default Sharpness of this tv is 10.
For gaming console (PS5) should i leave it to 10 or i should put it to 0? I have read that some people put sharpness to 0.

2) Which is, in your opinion, the best colour temperature for gaming? I have read that the most accurate is warm2. But i think that is a little bit 'yellow'. I have put 'warm1'.

What do you think about? warm1 is ok or should i put warm2?

Last edited:
Re: Any 2.1 certified hdmi cables out yet?

Yes. Also on AliExpress and ONLY if you buy from vendor Ugreen you will get 100% certified high quality stuff : 2.1 HDMI cable 8K@60Hz 48Gbps HDR10+
Example 2m HDMI 2.1 cable, price BPS 7.64 (PVC Delicate Model) or BPS 12.10 (Luxury Zinc Alloy) free shipping:
I bought the outside PVC version in select box 'Choose color' and it's OK

Last edited:

Or get it from ebay and save the £3.99 postage!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi, I have 2 question about gaming with PS5 :

1) Default Sharpness of this tv is 10.
For gaming console (PS5) should i leave it to 10 or i should put it to 0? I have read that some people put sharpness to 0.

2) Which is, in your opinion, the best colour temperature for gaming? I have read that the most accurate is warm2. But i think that is a little bit 'yellow'. I have put 'warm1'.

put it to what you like rather than what people tell you it should be

Yes. Also on AliExpress and ONLY if you buy from vendor Ugreen you will get 100% certified high quality stuff : 2.1 HDMI cable 8K@60Hz 48Gbps HDR10+
Example 2m HDMI 2.1 cable, price BPS 7.64 (PVC Delicate Model) or BPS 12.10 (Luxury Zinc Alloy) free shipping:

I got these. Not certified yet but seem to be doing the job fine and get good reviews

Amazon product ASIN B081NXV3ZR

Question whats the amp output on the usb ports?

wondering if the usb port can power some bias lighting? or a psclassic ? or both

Everybody sees colour differently. If you prefer warm1, use warm 1. I also prefer a cooler picture.

It happens to me now and again. It is well documented on the Sky forums and users have been reporting this for at least two years but the problem still persists.
It’s a Sky issue and nothing to do with the CX or your cables.
You have to go into settings on your Sky Q and re-select 2160 as your resolution.
Wow I must be very lucky as mine hasn’t done it once!
Question whats the amp output on the usb ports?

wondering if the usb port can power some bias lighting? or a psclassic ? or both
TV USB ports can definitely power bias lighting

I think "suck it and see" is the answer. I know it wouldn't power my Roku Streaming Stick – I had to use the mains plug.

Has anyone used this bracket to wall mount the 65?
I’m looking for something slim to the wall but don’t want to pay mega bucks as they all do the same thing :)
Or can you recommend something please

Amazon product ASIN B07QG3LHHY

Lg premium care PLUS worth tbw money or shouls i do the 'basic' LG premium care extension?
I still don't understand the difference..the only difference for me is that i don't want to pay immediatly more money..

Hi, is there no other way of fixing the raised black levels problem on the CX in Dolby Vision than setting the brightness lower? I find it trouble free only on Brightness 47, but this surely loses some detail.
Anybody else noticing this? Example on Netflix app, the Revolution series, ep1, that horrible oval in the middle with banding to the outskirts of the screen:
20201125_214222.jpg

I don't see this on my C7 though, I can't believe they made a product worse, Dolby Vision is practically unwatchable, a LED set 3 times cheaper looks better. We buy OLEDs for the blacks and they are totally ruined. Is there any addressing to LG about this? Does anybody knows?
Thank you.

I believe this is the zeskit one:

Amazon product ASIN B07S1BNM7K
vincent T should be doing a review soon of it, he did scan his cable box in a recent video and it came up with the model : HDC-8K500 which is the link above. I guess that is why it went out of stock shortly after.

I would still double-check with the manufacturer it's certified for sure before ordering.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom