LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

i'll speak to LG support tomorrow via live chat and see what they say. give them the opporunity first.
bought it from John Lewis.

i tried running the pixel refresher to see if that made any difference. supposedly it's supposed to take 7-10 minutes to complete. i left it off about about 20 minutes before i decided to turn it back on and it said it hadn't completed it.

i'll speak to LG support tomorrow via live chat and see what they say. give them the opporunity first.
bought it from John Lewis.

i tried running the pixel refresher to see if that made any difference. supposedly it's supposed to take 7-10 minutes to complete. i left it off about about 20 minutes before i decided to turn it back on and it said it hadn't completed it.
The manual pixel refresh takes an hour mate. It’s the auto one that’s done in 7 minutes.

ah ok, however i've read horror stories about that anyway where it has ended up destroying panels.

So glad others have see this!

I was moaning to @wezzywebb that it must be by AG9 but I’ll go back in my box now as its the usual crap that Sky give us.

I don’t want to derail this thread but it’s the same tonight, the bitrate is woefully low. Very evident around the sky logo which should be pin sharp

I don’t want to derail this thread but it’s the same tonight, the bitrate is woefully low. Very evident around the sky logo which should be pin sharp
I wonder if it’s the launch of sky nature, sky documentary & hdr. All eating up bandwidth from other channels?

The Sky forum link I posted has more info now. Sky have said on twitter that they are aware and are investigating.

I just went from an 8-year old 65" Plasma to the 77 CX.

My Plasma was as good as new when I sold it without the smallest hint of image retention. Yet if you listen to the internet then Plasma burn in happens in the time it takes you to grab a beer.
And its true for some people. Ie me. Formula1 has seared images into my 2013 panny st. Makes me nervous about oled. Is your oled better than your old plasma?

Hello.
Excuse me if this has already been asked or answered, but I've just bought and set-up a 48CX and I'm having problems with the PS4 Pro connection. When I turn on Deep colour on the TV it fails to show anything on screen other than some white copy saying that there is no source connected. When I turn it off, the PS4 works. However, when I play any games in HDR (Ghosts os Tsushima) the colours are all washed out. I've been through a load of stuff on the web and followed all the steps for the PS4 Pro to make sure it's in the right settings etc, but it's still not working. Any advice would be most welcome.

update on the blue "sparkle" issue i am seeing.
it only seems to do it on the black areas of the screen, and it seems to do it in a pattern.
in the areas where it does it, the minute i put something onscreen that isn't black in those areas the blue pixels disappear, i then go back to a screen where those areas are black and it starts again.

new video showing the issue Video

Real Cinema just enables the correct handling of 24p content.
As a result it is greyed out in every picture mode unless the source is 24p and trumotion is turned off.
You can turn it off if those conditions are met.
Sorry what do you mean?
It is greyed out but says "on"
I am conceived its my issue, the soap opera effect and Another sign of it is peoples lips when they speak, they move strangely and at first you think its because the audio is out of sync, but its not
Deblur is at 0 and dejudder 2, so can't be anything other than real cinema causing it??

Hi guys, not sure if anyone can help me. I can’t get Dolby Vision to pass through my Denon AVR-x6700 from Apple TV or from my Oppo UDP-203 to the TV. Dolby Vision works fine on Apple TV and Oppo when plugged direct into TV. When going through the Denon I just get HDR mode from the TV. The cables are fine. Enhanced picture mode selected on Denon. Really frustrating! Many thanks!

Suddenly lost signal on all hdmi ports on my 55 cx6. Just a black screen.
Is it a software issue, or might something be broken?

Sorry what do you mean?
It is greyed out but says "on"
I am conceived its my issue, the soap opera effect and Another sign of it is peoples lips when they speak, they move strangely and at first you think its because the audio is out of sync, but its not
Deblur is at 0 and dejudder 2, so can't be anything other than real cinema causing it??
Trumotion must be turned off. Deblur 0 dejudder 2 is not off. I’ve seen exactly the same weird movements with lips. Deblur is to blame even at 0. Dejudder 2 will cause slight SOE.
You’ve got trumotion on the user setting. Turn it off like I said.

Not a major issue, but how are you BT Sport subscribers watching football in the absence of a native app? Via a Sky box?

Real shame there's no BT Sport app on the LG
BT Sport app on Xbox can do 4K HDR and it looks incredible 😊

Trumotion must be turned off. Deblur 0 dejudder 2 is not off. I’ve seen exactly the same weird movements with lips. Deblur is to blame even at 0. Dejudder 2 will cause slight SOE.
You’ve got trumotion on the user setting. Turn it off like I said.
Sorry, even with trumotion off, I still can't switch real cinema off??
Its greyed out, but still on
20200916_214149.jpg

Sorry, even with trumotion off, I still can't switch real cinema off??
Its greyed out, but still onView attachment 1367020
That will be because the Spurs documentary isn’t 24p. Play a movie which is and you can turn off real cinema. The source must be 24p.
Dont think real cinema is your problem though, trumotion was and you just solved it.

That will be because the Spurs documentary isn’t 24p. Play a movie which is and you can turn off real cinema. The source must be 24p.
Dont think real cinema is your problem though, trumotion was and you just solved it.
Thanks for your help
I genuinely am convinced that it is doing something still though!

Hello, I have the 65 cx with Sonos arc.
i just tried to connect my Sony xm3. The Bluetooth connection worked but the audio is always switching to the arc. each time I switched to Bluetooth, the audio reverted back to arc.

any ideas ? Of course I can disconnect the arc but would prefer an other way.
regards

UPDATE: I turned the TV off for a few minutes then tried to turn it back on. I think the TV was going through an update, the previous TV Software version was 3.10.20 and now it says 3.10.43. Menu now appears to be back to normal

Hello guys, just bought a new LG TV yesterday and it was working fine. Today I had this weird issue where the text on the settings is boxed out and I can't read it. This only happens on the settings quick menu on the left, when I go deeper into settings text appears just fine. If this a known issue and is there a fix?

Attachments

• 20200917_102359.jpg
    20200917_102359.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20200917_102353.jpg
    20200917_102353.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200917_102356.jpg
    20200917_102356.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I´m confused, don´t what to make of it.
All of a sudden all hdmi ports when dead, I think.
Have a satellite box. Tried it on all hdmi ports. Just nothing. Only a black screen.
It works fine on other tv´s I have.
To see if the ports are really ´dead´ I tried a Firestick I have.

When I turn on the tv on whatever hdmi port the satellite box is on nothing happens. Just the black screen. As a last resort I tried a Firestick. It shows, but only when the tv is turned on on the hdmi port the Firestick is on! Turning on the tv while on a different port and switching to the port the firestick is on result in a black screen.

So, the hdmi ports don´t seem to be ´dead´.
Could it be a software issue or do you have, if you experienced similar issues, a solution?

Could it be a software issue or do you have, if you experienced similar issues, a solution?

LG have a live chat support. might be worth reporting the issue and seeing what they say

I´m confused, don´t what to make of it.
All of a sudden all hdmi ports when dead, I think.
Have a satellite box. Tried it on all hdmi ports. Just nothing. Only a black screen.
It works fine on other tv´s I have.
To see if the ports are really ´dead´ I tried a Firestick I have.

When I turn on the tv on whatever hdmi port the satellite box is on nothing happens. Just the black screen. As a last resort I tried a Firestick. It shows, but only when the tv is turned on on the hdmi port the Firestick is on! Turning on the tv while on a different port and switching to the port the firestick is on result in a black screen.

So, the hdmi ports don´t seem to be ´dead´.
check youtube tech giant and others as well. i believe you have to turn off freesync and it will stop messing up

Quick technical question for anyone that happens to know: Can the HDMI 2.1 ports be firmware updated? So for example if LG did a u-turn on the 2020 model could could they simply update the HDMI ports to support full 12-bit (48Gbs)?

(I realise this is a niche technical issue and the difference is probably barely noticeable, if at all (especially on UHD blu-rays), but I primarily use my LG for console and PC gaming where it may be more relevant / noticeable).

Quick technical question for anyone that happens to know: Can the HDMI 2.1 ports be firmware updated? So for example if LG did a u-turn on the 2020 model could could they simply update the HDMI ports to support full 12-bit (48Gbs)?

(I realise this is a niche technical issue and the difference is probably barely noticeable, if at all (especially on UHD blu-rays), but I primarily use my LG for console and PC gaming where it may be more relevant / noticeable).

Hi

No they can't be updated to support 48gbps, I asked the same question to Vincent Teoh from HDTVTest and he said that's not possible due to hardware.

i'd be surprised if you came across the need for the full 48Gbps within the life cycle of the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom