LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Do you mean Dolby Vision ? What is it doing ?

Some reviewer on AVS commented on it a month or so ago, must of been a test firmware he had, apparently he noticed some nice improvements in hdr.

brand-dark.svg
About our ads

it wouldn't be all the time. just when there's nobody home.

Its recommended you don't do that.

A few on AVS are reporting 3.10.20 OTA now, hopefully contains some nice improvements/fixes. Apparently this one was always touted as the "big one" :laugh:

Hopefully we get some release notes soon.

brand-dark.svg
About our a
it wouldn't be all the time. just when there's nobody home.

Your father needs to be updated to thge 21st century. I know where he's coming from - a TV on mine caught fire once whilst I was watching it. But, it was a 14" goldfish bowl type thing with the high-energy cathode ray electronics in it. They were unreliable (relatively speaking), these flat panel TVs are nothing like those, theyr'e designed to be on standby all the time.

Ah really? Nuts. Well at least it’s coming at some point in the future. So is it just Amazon and Netflix that are doing Atmos at the moment through the tv app? I know Disney+ disabled theirs because of warnings about broadband usage at the moment. Has that come back yet?
Dolby Atmos is now on the Apple TV app (which updated today on my set).

Hi, just setup my Cx 55 with PS4 pro, looks fantastic, obviously I chose game mode, but I noticed ai sound pro was available and it does sound really good to me, does using ai sound pro introduce input lag when gaming? Should I only use Game under sound options? Cheers

Anyone having a wifi issue with 65cx? Brought it home today and can't get over 40mb/s over 5ghz wifi. Getting over 150 sitting next to it on my phone. Tried turning off quick start to no avail. Tried switching to a 2.4ghz and also slow speeds.

Crossing my fingers John Lewis will price match so I can get their protect plus.
@Jackass hi mate, cmdc must have taken it off the site unless I’m missing something.. only 77 OLED I see on the site is the gx model for 5299.
which is tempting but not from them lol.

I asked this on the C9 thread but it's probably even more relevant here. I have a question that some here might be able to help with. I really want to go for an OLED, but I also want a size upgrade from my current 65 Samsung HU8500.

That means a steep price tag of £4,999 for the 77 CX. Oddly enough any 77 C9's that are still left over for sale are at the same price (don't know how they expect to shift them if the CX is the same price unless that person really needs DTS support on the TV). So my assumption is that the launch price of the CX is lower than that of the C9 across the board (I don't know this for sure, just guessing). This leads me to my next question. If I were to wait a few months do any of you see the price of the 77 dropping significantly? Do any of you know how much the 77 C9 was at launch and how long it took to come down in price?

It would be my dream TV, but at £4,999 I don't think I can justify it.

I asked this on the C9 thread but it's probably even more relevant here. I have a question that some here might be able to help with. I really want to go for an OLED, but I also want a size upgrade from my current 65 Samsung HU8500.

That means a steep price tag of £4,999 for the 77 CX. Oddly enough any 77 C9's that are still left over for sale are at the same price (don't know how they expect to shift them if the CX is the same price unless that person really needs DTS support on the TV). So my assumption is that the launch price of the CX is lower than that of the C9 across the board (I don't know this for sure, just guessing). This leads me to my next question. If I were to wait a few months do any of you see the price of the 77 dropping significantly? Do any of you know how much the 77 C9 was at launch and how long it took to come down in price?

The launch price of the CX is lower because the panel yields have increased; so its cheaper to make the panel as the process has become more efficient.

The 77'' C9 is probably not going to reach bargain basement prices of sub £4k from any reputable retailers (RS, Currys, JL, Costco).

If you wait, you can probably score a deal from lesser known companies but you have to accept the warranty and aftersales support you'll get.

The 77'' C9 was not over-stocked in the UK. LG had a lot of excess 77'' C8 stock the year before so allocated more sensibly to the UK so there were no £3.5k C9s at this time of the year.

The 77'' CX price will lower and quite quickly. If you can hold out for 3-4 months, you'll get it for closer to £4200. You can negotiate now with a few stores to get it down to £4600 (e.g. RS).

My personal issue with the 77'' CX is purchase is because its such an expensive TV, I need burn in protection. If you burn in a £1.5k panel, its not the end of the world. Even £2.5k.. but £4k+ is for me a bit too expensive to expect it to have a limited life span. If you want that coverage, JL is your only bet and you pay a premium going with them.

The launch price of the CX is lower because the panel yields have increased; so its cheaper to make the panel as the process has become more efficient.

The 77'' C9 is probably not going to reach bargain basement prices of sub £4k from any reputable retailers (RS, Currys, JL, Costco).

If you wait, you can probably score a deal from lesser known companies but you have to accept the warranty and aftersales support you'll get.

The 77'' C9 was not over-stocked in the UK. LG had a lot of excess 77'' C8 stock the year before so allocated more sensibly to the UK so there were no £3.5k C9s at this time of the year.

The 77'' CX price will lower and quite quickly. If you can hold out for 3-4 months, you'll get it for closer to £4200. You can negotiate now with a few stores to get it down to £4600 (e.g. RS).

My personal issue with the 77'' CX is purchase is because its such an expensive TV, I need burn in protection. If you burn in a £1.5k panel, its not the end of the world. Even £2.5k.. but £4k+ is for me a bit too expensive to expect it to have a limited life span. If you want that coverage, JL is your only bet and you pay a premium going with them.

To me even burning in a £1.5K+ screen is a big negative

To me even burning in a £1.5K+ screen is a big negative
I just went from an 8-year old 65" Plasma to the 77 CX.

My Plasma was as good as new when I sold it without the smallest hint of image retention. Yet if you listen to the internet then Plasma burn in happens in the time it takes you to grab a beer.

A big thanks to @blacksheep99 for pointing out that I can just use SIRI to turn the TV on and off. Then due to HDMI control, everything else powers on / off too :thumbsup:

Is there a list somewhere of other SIRI commands I can use ?

As far as I can tell, the launch price of the 77" C9 was £7,500. I reckon the CX might go down to £4,500 if you can wait until Black Friday.

I just went from an 8-year old 65" Plasma to the 77 CX.

My Plasma was as good as new when I sold it without the smallest hint of image retention. Yet if you listen to the internet then Plasma burn in happens in the time it takes you to grab a beer.

It's not putting me off getting just waiting for John Lewis to get the 48 inch is all to get the extra piece of mind.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom