LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

But the buyer hasn’t been duped here, unless the seller incorrectly stated it had this port

So who’s to blame?

If it weren't for those meddling Jackson kids:

My old (2016) 65" LG offers 'composite' and 'component' analogue inputs... Not that I've ever used them outside of testing.
Ditto on that, but the LG I sold last year was a decade old.
IIRC it even had a VGA input.
For a minute they (in general, not LG specifically) were producing TVs for the U.S. market without RF inputs, because everyone was going streaming, but that died quickly, thank goodness!

I am sick of folks blaming the buyer on here, the A/V connection is IN the specs
As hard as it is for me to swallow, truth be told I do feel silly for not checking when it arrived - and to think I had 4 months to change my kind about the TV when I got it at the beginning of the year (Costco UK stores).

I had no idea that on their flagship TV they would skimp out on such basics like a port to connect A/V to, to save a pound or two when they are charging me £1500 (2000dollars). And I know that’s my fault but hey I’m winging here.

Like I said the manual that came with the TV clearly shows the yellow A/V input showing you how to connect VCR camcorder etc, which like a lot of people I read through the TVs features and stuff when I got it - so nothing seemed amiss. The photos of the TV on the product page (which is still up actually) the page I ordered the TV from, shows the yellow A/V button on the back too. So as much as I feel silly for not checking something we here take for granted, still feel pretty puzzled the retailer showing it has a/v inputs on the product pictures, the manufacturer telling you you have it in the paper manual for using your TV.

Edit: looks like the connecting inputs instructions that comes with the TV - connecting AV to that yellow connector, has a caveat that it depend on the model.

Last edited:
Well, we're not all perfect & think of every application when purchasing.
I spent the rest of the weekend testing this or that when I got mine, but I still had forgotten things that I thought of throughout the coming week.

I recently got the "you didn't do the research" about a Nintendo game that was very deceptive about the level of local co-op two-player functionality, & I got the same in this thread when I complained about CX not supporting DTS.

I had a look at the manual for my CX: the user manual makes no mention of an AV input other than HDMI. The assembly instructions page does show an RGB AV input, however it is surrounded by a dotted line with a + mark that keys to a line at the bottom of the sheet which says "depending on model".

But, I agree, for the price it's a shame they are skimping.

The irony is that I have one & won't use it.
I still wonder a little, why they wouldn't make them the same for all markets.
This probably explains how those last two letters of the model numbers are not the same.

Google Stadia now available in the store.

If only it was Xbox then I would be interested!

I had a look at the manual for my CX: the user manual makes no mention of an AV input other than HDMI. The assembly instructions page does show an RGB AV input, however it is surrounded by a dotted line with a + mark that keys to a line at the bottom of the sheet which says "depending on model".

But, I agree, for the price it's a shame they are skimping.
I think my recollection may be slightly off in that case - going by what you say. Cant be bothered to get the paperwork that came with the TV from the loft - at the end of the day it doesn’t have an A/V port and my tough luck i didn’t check :) 🙈

Uh-Oh, Stadia is another place to buy games, I'm afraid to look!~

Cant be bothered to get the paperwork that came with the TV from the loft...
Exactly. That's why I scan everything that comes out of the box and save it on the computer.

For you

I don't do that, because they're so easily accessible online.
I make bookmarks to their pages in my browser, & that is in my 'cloud'.

There's a folder for appliances.

Hi guys,
Recently changed my set from a c7 to a c1 but now i unable to adjust the volume using the lg remote while using Hdmi Arc. I have to use my Sony strDN1080 controller. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

you'd probably be better asking in the C1 thread 🤫
however, does the C1 detect the the HDMI connected device correctly?

Hi All,

Advice needed, long term lurker - first time poster! So please be gentle!

After months of researching, I finally took the plunge and ordered the CX from Costco over the C1 because of the reported brighter panel and that it didn’t have the HDCP issue that the C1 and G1 had, which I know has now been fixed via a firmware update.

After reading these forums It now seems that this batch also has the HDCP issue! Doh!

As someone who wants to use my new 4K Blu-ray player - do you think that LG will release a fix for this - or should I just cancel the order and get a C1? I have been stung by this it will be sorted or a feature will come with a firmware fix before with Sony, so not sure if I should take the risk? How are LG with support and issuing firmware fixes?

Hi All,

Advice needed, long term lurker - first time poster! So please be gentle!

After months of researching, I finally took the plunge and ordered the CX from Costco over the C1 because of the reported brighter panel and that it didn’t have the HDCP issue that the C1 and G1 had, which I know has now been fixed via a firmware update.

After reading these forums It now seems that this batch also has the HDCP issue! Doh!

As someone who wants to use my new 4K Blu-ray player - do you think that LG will release a fix for this - or should I just cancel the order and get a C1? I have been stung by this it will be sorted or a feature will come with a firmware fix before with Sony, so not sure if I should take the risk? How are LG with support and issuing firmware fixes?
You have 90 days to try it, then send it back, with Costco. I would get it, see if LG fix it within 90 days, if not send it back. I'm doing exactly this myself.

You have 90 days to try it, then send it back, with Costco. I would get it, see if LG fix it within 90 days, if not send it back. I'm doing exactly this myself.
Im having the exact same issue! Just bought it too. Manufactured 09/2021. Firmware 04.30.40

Do you know how lenient Costco are with returns on a TV thats been used for weeks/months?

I've reported to LG in a chat window, apparently theres a "voice of customer" form on the website to report issues, everyone with issues should perhaps be filling it in. Cant find it though...anyone?

Those with CX an series X, have you settled on DV gaming or keep to default HDR10?

Playing some halo infinite and DV is a lot dimmer, but I believe DV in this is broken at the moment, but switching in back and forth is a pain, perhaps its better to just use HDR10 for now until more games with native DV are released.

Those with CX an series X, have you settled on DV gaming or keep to default HDR10?

Playing some halo infinite and DV is a lot dimmer, but I believe DV in this is broken at the moment, but switching in back and forth is a pain, perhaps its better to just use HDR10 for now until more games with native DV are released.

It seems HDR10 has higher peak brightness, but DV has more shadow detail overall. I've left it on DV as I don't need to burn my retinas, my old eyes appreciate the added detail.

After getting a bit annoyed with the delay in the dash overlay launching when in DV mode, I switched back to Hdr10. I prefer the slightly better brightness.

Also having it use the full 40gb bandwidth makes me feel better 😅

Im having the exact same issue! Just bought it too. Manufactured 09/2021. Firmware 04.30.40

Do you know how lenient Costco are with returns on a TV thats been used for weeks/months?

I've reported to LG in a chat window, apparently theres a "voice of customer" form on the website to report issues, everyone with issues should perhaps be filling it in. Cant find it though...anyone?
Costco are usually one of the better ones for returns, you get 90 days like said, and if its faulty.. Now if you want to hold on until the 21st (22nd maybe) I have actual LG engineers coming out to inspect and possibly repair mine, I have a similar date range as yours, I may get answers but then again I may not, so your choice..

Costco are usually one of the better ones for returns, you get 90 days like said, and if its faulty.. Now if you want to hold on until the 21st (22nd maybe) I have actual LG engineers coming out to inspect and possibly repair mine, I have a similar date range as yours, I may get answers but then again I may not, so your choice..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom